Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Am I correct in saying that the reason for the wide spread cancellations/rebooking was that trim level specs/model specs have changed and Hyundai decided to scrap all existing orders & rebook everyone for the 2023 model/trims? (if that's correct, I'm hoping that was a once off issue)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Jackben75

Are people going PCP or buying outright. PCP at 5.9% is a joke, i would not budge. While i would like the car, there is no way you can justify 5.9%, we are being mugged off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Interesting. I was shown a Hyundai Ireland ordering screen which showed H&M's complete allocation of Ioniqs for the year and the "indicated" delivery of the next batch (#1 of #3 in March-May 2023) was March 12th.

How real that indication may actually be is up for debate of course, but it wasn't a dealer page but a distributor page so who knows.

ok - mistake, sorry

• Advertisement

H&M already have Januarys Ioniqs sitting in their yard. The dates for 2 & 3 are accurate. I too am in the distribution business (not a dealership) or procurement, hence me sitting tight

• Registered Users Posts: 13,938 ✭✭✭✭josip

You'd have to be buying outright I think. That 5.9% is unlikely to remain with yesterday's ECB 0.5% increase, will probably see 6.9% before people take delivery next Q1.

i was told the apr is fixed on deposit (from a couple of dealers). 6.9% is just mental, i trust if the latter is not true then you are given the option to cancel and your deposit back.

Heard the same - price and APR are honoured from date of order, not date of delivery. Something Nissan and Skoda were spectacularly unable/unwilling to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Munster Blogger

It looks to be that way. Spec is now a smidge worse but price is the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Anyone having an issue with the boot?

Quite often now when we let it open, it will hit the top and then come back down again, usually only does it the first time after opening up.

I did mention it while car was in for a service but they wanted the car for another 2-3 hours and I didn't have time.

I google'd and saw it mentioned a few times. It's just a bit annoying, especially when you forget and stand under it then realise it's coming back down!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

How does 5.9% compare to personal loans? I'm pretty sure Hyundai have been 5.9% for years, only in recent years have they offered anything less with their lower APR or free servicing options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

5.9% is not too bad, a personal loan would be at least 7.9%. There's no such thing as free money! I bought one of these in January and did a lot of shopping around, Vag were 4.9% across the range at that stage. EVs are in such demand that if you don't like the finance deal someone else will just take it instead.

Kia 3.9%, but expected to rise in line with recent ECB raise.

Lower APRs on harder-to-shift-models of course. Skoda have been doing that for years now.

The difference with VAG is they have their own bank, Hyundai finance is with BOI.

Kia will remain 3.9%, it was 4.9 and reduced in Late October

on pcp that 5.9% is nearly 5k interest over the 3 years. That is a joke. There have been many 0% finance deals over the last 5 years from a number of manufacturers. It is bad, the minute you buy the car you will lose a good 7k walking out the door, add the 5k to that. then wait a further 3 years and resulting depreciation. It as a terrible agreement.

Jesus, I was lucky to get 0% PCP on the Id3 tour 5 77 Kwh!

The way it's gone now is that VW only have one id3 trim for sale and only the 58 Kwh and it's more expensive than what I paid for the 77 Kwh with a lot more kit, bad time to be buying new electric cars.

sit tight, be patient, it will come good or rather more sensible and a lot sooner than people think, i project a year. Manufacturers with popular models are not able to meet demand, they obviously know it and are making up the deficit by increasing prices and then hiking up the apr's on top of this. On Wednesday i was told of 1 main player in the motor industry considering new aprs at record levels but the is concern that sales will get hammered. I was told the apr - 8%. Can't see it happening myself, who in their right mind will go with that.

8% ? not a hope.

I don't know, the cost of Gas is hammering European car manufacturers, well, particularly the Germans for their failure to become more energy independent. They're getting Gas from the Americans who are ripping the E.U off, how nice of them. Our own clown Government are about to, if not already, make exploration and drilling for gas, in Irish Waters "illegal" ? WTF ?

Anyway, High cost of Gas and lack of supply are killing the auto industry, I can't see this change for more than a year, maybe 5 years at best if the E.U can get more Gas, the French have a lot of Nuclear and probably not nearly in such trouble as the Germans who thought renewables would save them.....

Chip shortage definitely doesn't help but amazing VW has dropped the 77 Kwh and just imagine they have a new/facelift ID3 on the way in 2023 ? can't imagine the cost of that.

• Advertisement

I didn't go pcp for that reason. Went on a 5 year HP and will own the car outright if we keep it that long but will probably change again after 3 years. Outstanding loan at that stage will be around €14k, the car should still be worth close to 30 all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

My 172 Golf was 0% but it was only available for the top spec trim of a few models, outside of VW Bank I'm not sure who else did them but they certainly weren't available for everyone.

My Cupra is currently 3.9%, my monthly payments are €337. 5.9% would be around €370. It does add up at the end of the year so it's not nothing but I honestly wouldn't notice €33 extra per month. The alternative is higher APR bank loans or spending a few years saving the cash.

If you think PCP is bad wait til you see how many people are constantly topping up their credit union loans to pay for holidays...

The market has shown in recent months that nobody is losing anything on new EVs, let alone 7K as you walk away from the showroom. In fact, 6-12 month old EVs from some manufacturers are fetching more than the new RRP due to immediate availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They increased the battery from 72 to 77. So a bit more range and less features.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

Got my first low battery warning for the 12v battery, the conditions for the last few weeks must really sucking the life out of it.

I expect there will be a few people having battery issues over the Christmas, just make sure you have some way of boosting your battery if you run into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

Enable utility mode to charge 12V battery. Should be orange LED on dashboard when the battery is charging.

Comparing a detailed look at the Ioniq 5 and Tesla MY here, once you step behind the headline of "41K on the road" it seems to me that you have to go to Platinum spec on the Ioniq to find an equivalent to the MY SR standard spec, but interested in what ye think.

That's 56,000 for the Hyundai OTR or 54,200 for the Tesla OTR (allowing for a colour choice other than white).

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Seurat

is it just me or is the battery size on the MY too small for the price? The SU network isn’t near good enough along the west coast where I live.

fwiw i drove both and thought the interior of the MY looked dated. Will prob say same about Ioniq in a few years tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Is that the battery saver thing??????.

If so that will have charged the battery for a period of time when triggered.

I've had it pop up on my Ioniq a few times with no issues since August 2021.

The way it supposedly works is that the cars systems checks if 12 volt needs a top up every so often.

If it does need a top up the main battery is used to top up 12 volt - which then means you get a warning next time you fire up the car.

Check used to happen every 3 days but I understand at least some Hyundai EVs have had this changed* to every 24 hours as 12 volt batteries are a known weakspot.

Edit - I'm referring to what the system does when car is switched off. It should obviously charge the 12 volt when car is switched on and being used for driving.

*via software updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Where can I find the OTR prices ?

I'm trying to find a price for Executive Plus in Shooting Star Grey.

Cheers.

Advertisement