Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭OldRio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Well that's a kick in the nuts.

I suppose moving it into a different jurisdiction would have made allowing supporters even more difficult.

It's not ideal but it's better than forfeiting the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭OldRio

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Maybe they should have just bitten the bullet earlier in the week and moved it. Very difficult decision though. Seems Ulster management feel the pitch is playable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,220 ✭✭✭✭phog

Disaster for Ulster and fans, they've consistently filled Kingspan for URC and ERC games and now due to extream weather they have to play behind closed doors again one of the best teams in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,796 ✭✭✭✭bilston

It is worth asking why Kingspan was unplayable but everywhere else in Europe was OK.

Was it colder in Belfast than everywhere else over the last week or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭hold my beer

100% this, has Kingspan not got underground heating? Does the RDS now that I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,220 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'd be surprised if any Irish stadium has underground heating. Why would we need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Sleepy Joseph

The loss of ticket revenue wouldn’t sit well with the Protestant ethic

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Is the BTsport website not working for anyone else? They say they are showing free but I just a get a message

EP102:Sorry - there's a problem. Please try again later.

Fatal Error

Access Denied

Reason: Client address is not authorised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Why is the game behind closed doors?

because they had to move it at the last minute and couldn't secure AGS ambulances and all the other stuff needed to be present to have several thousand fans at a venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Shehal

Ulster have offered more here in the first 11 minuted than all of last week.

And no that's not complimenting them this week its just to reiterate how awful Ulster were last week.

But like last week Ulster cant go one La Rochelle attack without conceding a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

But it wasn't really last minute? It was highlighted early in the week that the Kingspan was frozen. Granted there was mention of the RDS rather than the Aviva but surely it shouldn't be a big deal to get the emergency services with 48 hours notice

• Subscribers Posts: 41,477 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I fear for Ulster here. This could be a 20 pointer.

LAR making yards too easily and we're only 20 minutes in

The decision was made last night therefore it was last minute.

Ulster was resisting an early decision because the forecast was for today to be the warmest day of the week.

Pitch inspections have been done today and the Ulster CEO has confirmed that the pitch is good to play.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,477 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Guards, Stewart's, hospitality, emergency services etc all would require much more than 24 hour notice on the last Saturday before Christimas.

Its better than last week but this performance has still been pretty diabolical.

Side to side, side to side, Ulster concede penalty, La Rochelle kick to touch, get a maul/attack going, Ulster concede a penalty, La Rochelle kick the 3....and rinse repeat.

EDIT- Oh no, on this occasion La Rochelle score a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

This is an impressive stranglehold LAR have on the game. Ulster really struggling to get anything going.

I know there have been issues out of Ulster's control but seriously what the actual f**k is going on at Ulster, you'd struggle to find any URC side who would have performed as atrociously as Ulster have the last 2 weeks and I doubt that's all down to travel issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭TRC10

La Rochelle dominant and the referee knows it

Like I suggested at halftime last week Ulster would be best getting in at half time, backing their bags, go home and look in the mirror and ask themselves some serious questions. Ulster pretty much have given up already so they would be wise to save us 40 minutes of this crap in the 2nd half.

Wonder will you ask the same questions of La Rochelle overusing the set piece like you do with Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,564 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Are the ulster management above criticism here????

Burns was injured over the last few weeks and they dont have a 10 on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭moonshy2022

Bottlers, just thrown away their season in the last 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭TRC10

If it wins you trophies I've no issue with it. That La Rochelle pack is one of, if not the biggest packs ever. They'll overpower anyone.

0 points scored & 68 points conceded in 120 minutes of rugby... tells a story in itself.

Zebre would have put up more of a fight over the last 2 games.

Like I said previously time for Ulster to pack up and leave, at least now if they do so it would make more sense as they result of a forfeit is better than what they've shown in the first 40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Scythica

I try to be positive, but this is a shambles now. Real soul searching required

Advertisement