Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smithsonian TV closing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

While not the best channel in the world if you looked over a week's worth of TV on it there was always something to catch your interest. I liked the Aeriel shows of cities in the US and countries around the world, they had Ireland on it and the major US cities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Genuinely sorry to hear this.

I always check it out on the EPG for something of interest. Also, PBS America has some great docs.

This is one downside to Freesat, the general lack of docu channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭corm500

I have quite a few Smithsonian channel recordings on my freesat box. Genuine question....when the channel closes will i still have access to those recordings?

Sorry if it sounds a bit daft, but trying to work out if i need to watch them within the next month 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

That is a shame.

Always the good ones that go down. Aerial America was a nice programme to put on of a Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

No, there's no proprietary stuff with Freesat. Your records will remian even after the channel is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭corm500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭donaghs

That's a shame, one of the best free channels.

Advertisement