Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭livia21

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Thanks. Just looked up what he said and it’s certainly a strange statement to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Did camilla invite him and piers to a dinner party the other day?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭4shameee

I suppose his extremely unnecessary hateful comments just proves her point really. And yet you still get people on here defending his comments. Good lordy.

Your use of the word 'fact' when making a non factual statement and then thinking that the Daily Mail article backs this up is funny.

You are funny Boggles 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Rose West is from almost 30 years in the past, she's become more of a folklore figure than anything else at this stage, like Dahmer and Bundy.

Its no surprise that someone in the here and now behaving appallingly would bring out more visceral feelings.

Yes it was a clumsy metaphor, but all the same, people should cop on to the context. If he'd suggested the Henry VIII solution would that have made it any more palatable?

Leaving the Clarksons and Morgans aside, the nub of this issue is that the Sussexes intended this Netflix boredom to redress the balance of coverage and change public opinion in Britain, by having their say, on their terms, in their own voice.

In that regard it has utterly failed and, in fact, produced the opposite outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

"Hate" is a very strong word - it's normally what you would use about a criminal, or a murderer or Vladimir Putin or whatever.

If Clarkson had said "I don't particularly like her", there wouldn't have been an issue. His article is heading to the territory of hate speech against an individual.

She did indeed which raises quite a few questions about the type of people she hangs out - the two of them are clearly cranky, right wing Brexity type auld fellas with some very dodgy opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Clarkson saying he hates her is nasty, and very odd as well. To hate someone, that someone needs to have really done you a bad turn, or done something appalling. His choice of the word hate, well…

Just on Clarkson. He did not say he hates her as much as Rose West. He said he hates her, but not like he hates Rose West?

• Advertisement

He's a real 'GB News' type (as is Morgan) - the two of them are very right wing and conservative and pro-establishment. Clarkson has been hiding in plain sight a bit though - everyone knows about Morgan and his opinions, but they probably aren't as aware of Clarkson and his cranky views.

Ah god. "He continued: "Meghan, though, is a different story. I hate her."

"Not like I hate Nicola Sturgeon or Rose West. I hate her on a cellular level"

Okey doke. As I thought. Were some posters making out that he hates her more than West?

anyway, my original post stands. It’s nasty to be talking about hating her.

People are wondering how that ever got past the editor. To talk about their "hate" for a public figure / celebrity and not to be even joking about it is extreme language by any stretch of the imagination.

….

He didn' tjust say he hate's the woman ..He said he lies awake at night grinding his teeth thinking of her been made walk naked through the streets of England having excrement thrown at her.Le's not pretend he went overboard by uing the word hate..He cllearly states he is awake thinking or her being forced to walk naked whislt a baing mob throws s##t at her ..this is not normal but sadly not suprising from the British tabloids

Clarkson has always been an absolute d1ckhead!!

Nah..a dickhed is is the person who parks in a clearly marked disabled spot..To lie in yor bed at night fantacising about forcing a woman to walk naked through streets whils havng s## thrown at her s much more sinster and he is not on his ownsome here ..the majoity of murdoch' staff do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

Clarkson is an idiot and so is the editor who allowed it to be printed. Apart from the embarrasingly mysogynistic tone of the article, it adds credence to her points about the media.

Anyway back to the netflix series, I felt at the end of it - Is that it? is that all you got?

Their gripe was over bad press and shouting. Who hasnt shouted at a sibling? The arrogance of him that they were doing the job better than William and Catherine. He literally had no idea of his place in the family. He came across as desperately wanting his dad and william to see him as a success - look what the ginger pulled. And probably expected his dad, his brother, Catherine and the late queen to marvel at Meghan and give her the spotlight. It wouldnt surprise me if he thought that his dad would be proud of his netflix deal, look dad I can make millions, arent you proud and when he was effectively ignored it added to his fury.

There were inconsistencies in the new story about how they met, and how/when the miscarraige happened, compared with previous interviews. And the niece, that was hilarious. she was invited so that Thomas would have someone to talk to so Meghan could ignore him and when he conveniently wasnt coming, she didnt need the niece so disinvited her and spun it as if she was told to. It is so obviously a porkie because it makes no sense. The googlebox style reaction videos of them watching the Oprah interview were bizzare. And Harry constantly looking at her for approval that he was saying the right thing, both of them looking directly at the camera from time to time when supposedly going about their daily routine, it was completely staged and so obviously rehersed. I have to think this was the original director's work who their changed because they wanted to steer away from filimg their personal lives, or whatever bullsh1t excuse they gave for switching mid way through, but due to lack of content the new director kept it in.

The book is next, we are all exhausted from their ability to drag out a 72 day drama over 3 years. How many times can they sell the same story? I have reached peak H&M and my new years resolution is to avoid reading anything about them, LOL. It was a fun lockdown distraction that has dragged on too long.

• Advertisement

backwards_man, your synopsis is spot on

in one sentence: two attention seeking grown adults telling childish silly tales.

Jeremy Clarkson's own daughter Emily has denounced her father's outburst in a social media posting.

"My views are and have always been clear when it comes to misogyny, bullying and the treatment of women by the media. 

"I want to make it very clear that I stand against everything that my dad wrote about Meghan Markle and I remain standing in support of those targeted with online hatred."

I get the impression from this that this was no isolated rant and she's well used to such cantankerous and horrible comments from him.

I reckon Clarkson will suffer because a this..

I reckon you are right on this one. And jaysis I wouldn't feel sorry for him if his career dips from it. It was particularly nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Clarkson may have unwillingly given validity to H&M claims about media harassment and in the process sway public opinion in their direction, the complete opposite of his intention I’m sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

You wouldn't know what's in Clarkson's head, he's a very sharp operator. I can guarantee he'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I don’t know much about him. I thought he was just an old man who fashions himself on the chip of the old block character, and who relies on controversy. In which case he won’t be impacted in a negative way, thoughit rather looks like he desperately tried to re-inject himself in the news.

The problem is that it has been open season on H & M from the Daily Mail and GB News brigade for the last week or two. Clarkson may have thought he was merely joining in the pile on and not realised just how offensive and downright nasty his column sounded (but this is where his editor should have stepped in and blocked the article).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I'd say his ego makes him believe he can say what he wants without consequences but you're right, having an editor should mean those ramblings never see the light of day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Professional Troll says something trolling about Professional Attention Seekers after they seek attention.

Advertisement