Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Doesn't matter whether it's true or not, it's how they feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Butterbeans

Best of luck to James Stephens in the Intermediate Camogie Club All Ireland Final

Clonduff did most of the hurling for the first 20 minutes or so. A fortuitous goal for JS brought them right back into it and they finished the half strongly. All level at half time.

Clonduff: 0-05

James Stephens: 1-02

Clonduff the better team in the 2nd half, as they were for a lot of the first half. Full value for the win. Congratulations to them.

James Stephens team can be very proud of their year. Young team and will play senior for the first time next year.

Clonduff: 0-12

James Stephens: 1.06

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭blackcard

Shamrocks will have to step up a lot to have a chance. Their full back line does not have a lot of pace, Joey Holden was standing off his man the last day as he was afraid of being rounded but was giving away handy points. Darren Mullen has struggled recently. I was disappointed in the performance of the half back line the last day, Darragh Corcoran and Richie Reid will have to improve a lot. They need a big performance from Colin Fennelly who was quiet the last day as was TJ. Adrian Mullen has been their stand out player but will need assistance from Cuddihy and Eoin Cody. Ronan Corcoran and Brian Cody are big losses. Hard to see Ballygunner being beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kentu

You think Colin Fennelly was quiet the last day?? Scoring 1-3 in 1st half and coming out to half forward line near the end to win some crucial ball when in trouble. TJ is carrying some form of a knock Pat Hoban said the last day too, those 2 in particular are never found wanting for shamrocks on the biggest days, on the positive for them Ronan Corcoran is expected to play tomorrow. Backs like you say need a massive improvement or else it will be lights out. I see Ballygunner to just narrowly shade this game though, I expect they'll be within a fighting chance coming down the home straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Spot on Kentucky about Colin he was excellent. According to Blackcard none of the shamrocks played well. They were 14 points ahead and switched off but they did regroup and dominated the last quarter and with what they missed due to weather conditions they could have won by 8 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lowball

Thomastown getting it on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Joey Holden immense.

Bodies dropping all over the place. 6 if not 7 missed goal chances and still win by 3. What a team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭blackcard

Delighted to be proved wrong as Ballyhale had a fully deserved victory. Joey Holden had a brilliant second half after standing off his man in the first half. Only a fantastic display from the Ballygunner keeper kept them in it. I thought Adrian Mullen covered a mountain of ground, Darragh Corcoran had a much improved display. You could see what it meant to the Shamrocks. Hope they finish off the job against Dunloy

Well done to Ballyhale Today . Seamus is now a member of Dicksboro GAA. Was a member of Thomastown for years and done great work down there i believe. The drinking committe didnt make his life easy from what i hear, draw your own conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mwcat

To the eejit (BK & LB) who keeps commenting nonsense about Thomastown , please be aware we know who you are and secondly you were bated here you clown. So give it a rest.

Philip o Mahony should have getting a second yellow card for the first penalty. The ref gave o Sullivan a yellow for the second penalty well done mighty mighty Shamrocks.

Joey my man of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lowball

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Great win by Shamrocks, even enough first half but only one team in it in second.

Stephen O' Keeffe saved Ballygunner from a real hiding.

Backs were outstanding, keeping Ballygunner to 0-16 on a sod as good as Croke park says it all.

I got the scoreline wrong thanks to a phenomenal game from o Keefe, but you can't bate hunger in a game like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Great win for Shamrocks today 3 points flattered ballygunner if it wasn’t for Stephen O Keeffe. You’d have to imagine a good few of those Shamrocks players not in with Kk already could offer something to the county team likes of Ronan Corcoran, Paddy Mullen, Evan Shefflin and the likes.

On that note does anyone know how the training panel is looking who was called in, how many etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

All I know is there is about 50 in training currently with 4 of this year's U20's in there. I'm sure there's a few from the 20's who are over the age in there. Of the 4 I know 3 Timmy Clifford, Billy Drennan and Niall Rowe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Great win for Ballyhale. I only saw the highlights as I was driving back from Northampton after a great Munster performance.

Does anyone on here see a correlation between Ballyhales success and the Kilkenny seniors relative lack of success (by yere lofty standards) ?

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Brilliant win by the Shamrocks. Despite losing two players to injury in the first 15 minutes they soldiered on, hounding the life out of Ballygunner. As many have said, were it not for O'Keefe’s tremendous saves Ballygunner would have been annihilated. I don't think it would have mattered where the match was held, Ballyhale were on a mission. Ballygunner love the wide open spaces but Ballyhale closed them down yesterday. The likes of Naas and Kilmacud Crokes can take great heart from the Ballyhale destruction of the Munster Champions. Ballygunner were streets ahead of the rest in Munster. The same couldn't be said about the Leinster Championship.

Well done Ballyhale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Ballygunner weren't streets ahead of Na Piarsaigh and Na Piarsaigh would have put up a better show against Ballyhale yesterday. Ballyhale are a fantastic anomaly.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kentu

In the 2nd half they were when it came down to pressure they eat Na Piarsaigh alive, we won't know if they'd put up a better show as every game takes on a life of it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Really enjoyed the match yesterday. I'm after going to the last few shamrocks matches but yesterday they upped it especially at the 3/4 stage when the game was in the melting pot. Tj who definitely wasn't himself stood up when they really needed him. He got a ridiculous free under the Hogan and his vision is just on another level,even his temperament over the 2nd penalty he's just an unbelievable player.

Shamrocks were struggling especially in the 1st half with the ball going in but they got two vital points before half time to draw it level. They moved corcoran to wing foward and mullen played out midfield and half back and really burst into the game. The shamrocks 6 back got completely on top in the 2nd half. Joey was excellent and man of the match but the half back line also took over.

Fair play to them ya have to hand it to them an unbelievable club who would be going for 4 in a row if not for the late goal earlier in the year.butler and shorthall also deserve credit they both done well. Its a pity with Darren mullen I don't think we'll see the best of him he has being cursed with injury the last 3 years.

I know they'll lose joey next year and probably Colin and tj over the next few years but killian corcoran and shorthall are getting exposure and Adrian mullen has taken his game to another level. The size of him yesterday he's in some shape. Eoin cody,ronan corcoran and these lads will drive this club over the next decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

None whatsoever for me. In fact they are crucial to our ability to have stayed close to the very top of the pile in recent years.

It's something of a myth that a dominant club team is bad for a county. Look at Kilkenny's history and particularly their great teams.

Look at Cork and Tipp and how monopoly or duopoly eras of clubs coincided with immensely strong county teams. Limerick 30s Ahane (7 in a row), Waterford 50s mount Sion (9 in a row).

The reality is that even with Holden and Fennelly unavailable, there are at least 7 Shamrocks players who should be under serious consideration for inclusion in the Kilkenny senior team. 

Seems like st Thomas's took the same approach to this match as you did. Dunloy could be a serious problem for ballyhale coming back after winning what some people were assuming was the real final. Be important to get the heads right, make sure they respect them going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Galestorm1

With the county season starting soon, has anyone heard when will the winners of the gaa season tickets from the piltown co-op draw be getting their tickets. Or will these get issued to the clubs

Advertisement