Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jaysis ye make me feel blessed with my sister anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Reading all this makes me almost glad that I'm an only child...

Although to be honest, I could use a family member right now. My mental health has taken a nose dive over recent days and I'm honestly not int a good place right now. The fact that my leg is acting up again isn't helping. To top it all off, my landlord is due to visit tomorrow morning and my entire apartment is a mess. Honestly, I just want to crawl into a hole and pull the ground up over myself.

Sorry if I'm bringing down the mood in here, and if the mods want to delete this, I understand.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@thomil hey, this is the thread for support when needed, sorry to hear about your mentals and your leg. Presuming your LL knows about the crazy leg injury saga i'm sure they can overlook clean mess.. Or sod them and postpone it..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm sorry you're so low, Thomil. Try not to worry about the mess. As long as the fixtures and fittings are in good working order you should be OK. You can't be realistically expected to keep on top of mess if you're ill, which you are with your leg. I hope that's being sorted. You've had a tough few months and Christmas time must be very hard on you. I've noticed that you seem to put a lot of pressure on yourself. Would an early night to give yourself some headspace and an early rise to do a bit of tidying up help? Wish I could be of more practical help. (((Hugs))) Don't be afraid to reach out to friends and colleagues. If I remember correctly you found some good support there when you were in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Will send the cat over to try out his jedi mind tricks on your land lord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching Highlander. A french man playing a scot , and a scot playing an egyptian 😫. ???

I've never watched Highlander but that sounds like a recipe for some nightmare accents!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@thomil hang in there. What’s up with your leg ?

realistically what can a landlord do if a house is messy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning time for me, it’s 8C, waiting for it to reach 10C before I venture out to the gym :)

It's 12C here and rainy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Queen did the soundtrack. It's been years since I watched it but an enjoyable film ....there's a few.

Basically about a vampire "but there can be only one" so the main plot is two vampires trying to kill each other.

A little bit of Sean Connery is always welcome !

I'm fairly familiar with the story since it's a cult classic so it's referenced often. Didn't know about Queen, I thought Axl Rose was involved somewhere, may have dreamt that though 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Torrential rain and very stormy here this morning, trying to drag myself out of the leaba, but it's difficult, have a good one lads.

It sounded bad to me too Duvet but when I got out earlier it wasn't too awful. Could be different where you are of course

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I've said it before, but I'll say it as many times as necessary - I'm up for a chat over coffee with any Wherer in and around Cork, or chat via DM, or by carrier pigeon, whatever.

I can offer a choice of empathy/sympathy, practical solutions to problems, along with 100% validation of your feelings and being in your corner. I can also just hang out quietly as a friendly presence nearby, if conversation or action are too much.

This is not a time limited offer! 😁

Highlander is an entertaining movie. They cut pieces out for the US release. Bless 'em. So, don't watch that version.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Sean Connery had, even back then, acquired the status whereby he could play any character as Sean Connery and get away with it. I also point my learned friend in the direction of The Hunt For Red October:

"Mosht thingsh in here don't react too well to bulletsh."

Dozed off on the bus a few times 😲 not good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Hope you didn't miss your stop, Grem...

... unlike a certain German who fell asleep on the EuroCity from Linz in Austria to Frankfurt and woke up in Cologne😳

To be fair, the night before WAS pretty great and thankfully, the conductor who woke me got such a good laugh out of the story that he put me on the next ICE train back to Frankfurt for free...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Not sure if I accidentally liked a comment on the conor mcgregor thread and can't check. Think I need a desktop to do this and I'm away from that at the moment.

Can't do it on mobile without liking and unliking.

Social media sucks 🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement

It's like the wet season today !

13 o C and lashing.

Have ended up at the last stop a couple of times and then having to call someone to pick me up late at night. 😒😒😒

If I could say one thing to my younger self it would have been ... Wake up! Get a better job! Just keep looking for a higher salary. The company doesn't care about you !!

🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The rain has stopped here , it's actually quite nice to be able to go outside without shivering ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'll actually take rain any day over the severe frost.

Saturday evening was very dodgy on the road I live on. Slip sliding around.

Thomil, what's up with you leg? Make sure you go back to your doctor before they shut for Christmas.

Don't be fretting over the landlord. Just do a quick tidy up and have things presentable. Who cares if the cupboards are bursting hiding the mess. That's my speciality!

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*bro hugs*

Keep the chin up there @thomil , talk away, we won't be deleting anything.

Deskside with a pain in my head.

Bedside still feeling flattened, Mrs G nearly three weeks into some sort of cold bug with changing symptoms that have her practically housebound

Had today "off", but really just getting other **** done. Glenroes incoming. But finished at midday Friday for a decent break from the grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My young man down with a rotten virus today too. Absolutely flattened.

To thine own self be true

Less than 2 days to the shortest day of the year.

Then shorts, sunglasses and ice cream time !

🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm always relieved when we get over that day knowing the days will gradually start stretching out again. I hate the short days 😒

Advertisement