Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New God of War

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Markitron wrote: »
    I don't think Ragnarok is even confirmed to be the name, tbh I would be surprised if it is considering how attached that word is to Marvel atm.

Cory Barlog was dropping some hints about the State of Play so I think a cinematic teaser is a good bet at least.

I thought the name was confirmed but you're right, the teaser says Ragnarok is coming and the runes on the symbol say Ragnarok, but it's not confirmed as the name.

Damn, now we're further away than we were 10 minutes ago... :D

I don't think Marvel using the Ragnarok name would have any impact though. This game is going to feature Thor in a big way regardless, plus the reveal about Atreus from the first games ending, which would be the bigger bridges for people to cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Penn wrote: »
    I thought the name was confirmed but you're right, the teaser says Ragnarok is coming and the runes on the symbol say Ragnarok, but it's not confirmed as the name.

Damn, now we're further away than we were 10 minutes ago... :D

I don't think Marvel using the Ragnarok name would have any impact though. This game is going to feature Thor in a big way regardless, plus the reveal about Atreus from the first games ending, which would be the bigger bridges for people to cross.

Yea I get your point, IMO this would actually be more of a reason to give it a different title, differentiate where you can and all.

Tbh I don't think Ragnarok will actually occur in this game, I think the game will be set during Fimbulwinter with Ragnarok this ominous inevitable event on the horizon - kinda like the reapers in ME2. The 'Ragnarok is Coming' tagline just reinforced this for me.

Yea I get your point, IMO this would actually be more of a reason to give it a different title, differentiate where you can and all.

Tbh I don't think Ragnarok will actually occur in this game, I think the game will be set during Fimbulwinter with Ragnarok this ominous inevitable event on the horizon - kinda like the reapers in ME2. The 'Ragnarok is Coming' tagline just reinforced this for me.

Yeah I think the same, this game, even if they do call it Ragnarok, could be about the events which set Ragnarok in motion then the third game is Ragnarok itself.

Ragnarok seems to be *the* big event in Norse God's mythology, so it'd make sense to have it for the third game.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

I spotted this thread.

I bought this game from Argos at Christmas for around 8.47

I must say, its one of the best games I have played ever, outside of the witcher!
    voice acting is good, feels like interaction really going on.
    Game play is good, fighting can be tough or button mash and both are fine.

Some grinding can happen, but its a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I will take any opportunity to say that this was my PS4 game of the gen, and up in my top 5 games ever. It was perfect to me!

• Advertisement

I will take any opportunity to say that this was my PS4 game of the gen, and up in my top 5 games ever. It was perfect to me!

Finished replaying it a few weeks ago. Just absolutely sublime throughout.

It was great, Im still not fully finished but its great !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

It was great, Im still not fully finished but its great !

You haven't finished it until you have killed the final Valkyrie. Good look with that!

Btw, after the credits roll, go back to your house.

You haven't finished it until you have killed the final Valkyrie. Good look with that!

Im playing on a hard setting, I only just hit level 5 in my gear and just came through Thamurs course and fought the first one.
    Zeus on a pogo stick she was hard.

I got the Fire realm gate and beat all the challenges except the valkyrie there, she just faces stomps me with no effort.

I went back home.
    Good ending bit.

Never fixed the roof hole mind you 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Valkyrie's always throw people until you figure out they're achilles heel.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Valkyrie's always throw people until you figure out they're achilles heel.

I beat them all. Once I started blocking better. Sigrun was though, so used some resurrection stone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

In advance of Ragnorak, I started replaying this a couple of evenings ago. My god it is an astonishingly great game. First time out I kinda blitzed through it but this time around Im really taking my time and exploring everything, some of the set pieces in it are stunning. This or Ghost of Tsushima are my two games of the PS4 era.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ok so I'm gonna play this again. I previously played it on release, cleared it, no side stuff and thought it was great. I didn't get the absolute love for it that most got but i had a great time with it. Not really pushed on Ragnarok but again, it looks like a great game. So, with all the chat about the Valkyries and side quests, I'm gonna give it another go, maybe i rushed it first time around. My only problem is I'm in a bit of a gaming slump where nothing is doing it for me so i might quit this early because of that.

Am i best trying NG+ to start with my weapons and upgrades? I never bothered with upgrades much but a few games i replayed again recently had too slow a start with upgrades. I want to experience the story again but also try out the side stuff. Does NG+ still have the tutorials as i will be rusty as feck with combat and mechanics. It might wreck me if it consists you an expert at the game?

Mostly doing this to see if it ignites interest in Ragnarok as the games I've been mostly looking forward to in Q3 & Q4 either have been complete duds or looking like they will be. Would be nice to have something decent on my hype list.

From what I can tell on Google, NG+ is increased difficulty, with enemies having some new attack patterns too (including Valkyries), and new side stuff which is harder. You keep things like armour and talisman, and any unlocked abilities, but certain things you get during story mode such as the blades of chaos and some abilities that unlock new areas are locked until you reach them in the story.

I'd say just go with a fresh save, especially if you're worried about needing tutorials for some of the combat etc. The combat and abilities in GOW aren't so deep that it'd make the tutorial section too much of a slog, and even with new game + you'd have to play those sections again as they're built into the story.

Thanks man. Sorry, so you're thinking fresh save of a new base game or ng+?

Yeah, fresh new save altogether of base game. You're pretty much going to have to go through most of the tutorial stuff again since it's part of the story, and things like blades of chaos are removed until you get them during the story anyway. NG+ means tougher enemies, and keeping armour/currency/skills from your previous game. Doing NG+ doesn't really balance out too well in your favour if you haven't played the game since release.

Gotcha thanks man!

Good shout on the fresh base game save. I loaded last save and i was about 20 minutes into NG+. I had so many things i had no idea about, resources, runes, etc. Felt much better starting fresh again.

Post edited by Zero-Cool on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I quit this for the 3rd time only yesterday. Can't quite put my finger on why, each time I enjoy it upto a point but it just doesn't hold my attention or click enough to make me want to push on (about 2/3rds through at the moment). I can see why others love it tho. Still tempted to try the new one as well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got this on PC after playing 1,2 and 3 on the old PSs and ehhhhh

Didnt his wife and daughter die in the 1st one?

This is set many years later, after Kratos left Greece and ended up in the Norse lands. He's now had a child (Atreus) with a woman he met (Faye).

It's a continuation of the same story, but years later

Advertisement