Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks. I did. I'm just trying to figure out if the figure quoted is a good one or not. They say they are getting almost 34k. Seems alot.

How much would it have been new?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭necstandards

Hi All

Our Eniro is due its first service (15k), but on checking the online booking app (kiaservice.ie) there is a significant variance in costs between locations. Dealer in limerick costing €151 where we bought the car, Clare €123, Tipperary €110. Would the all be doing the same "service"??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

34k seems about right. I sold my 211 eNiro last August with 38,000km on the clock for €36.5k

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

So after the firmware update via OBDII, I was told that solved it. It did NOT solve anything.

3 days later it happened again and has also happen twice since (3 since firmware upgrade)

Contacted by Kia dealership and was told not to use Kia Connect preconditioning until I was call back for the update Kia is working on. I use preconditioning regardless. I just leave 3min earlier now to check I can put the car in gear. If not, lock the car and come back 3min later, no need to wait 10min.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

On a different note I got round to updating my car today to the new infotainment update and to my surprise we have wide-screen Android Auto.

But it's still not perfect as I can't get full screen maps or any app for that matter. But it is progress.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

White fabric? Didn't think the ENiro came with white fabric, it came with leather (or whatever it is) and dark and no choice.

Sure it's an e-niro not the phev?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

What are people getting quoted for delivery of niro ev - Is is better or worse than what I hear for EV6?

Also now the car has been available a few months what are peoples first impressions comparing the new niro ev Vs the old e niro?

If you changed up, are you happy with niro ev?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

K3 44,175 on the road.

K4 47,470 on the road.

Test drove the new K4 for about 20km, felt something similar to my 2020 First Edition eNiro, bit less torque on taking off, but smoother delivery of remaining power. The interior is a big step up from the old eNiro. K3 ordered for January delivery (May be after January based on a few posts I've seen).

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

thx

does the 47470 inc. metalic paint (€600) as I am happy to go with white if opting for the K4 spec to help keep the price down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

Brakes

Has anyone replaced their brakes lately? What was the cost and what kms had you on the car??

Next service is due in a month or so on my E Niro but brakes have started screeching which on previous cars indicated I needed new pads-47,oookms on the clock.

Just looking at the specs sheet and it seems like the premium paint comes as standard on the K4.

I ordered the K3 in Steel Grey which is premium paint, but managed to haggle that into the deal as a sweetener to close the negotiations !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Wow! I paid €45k all in for my K4 in September. So it's gone up by €2.5k? @icom Is this price including that ugly C Pillar? I didn't go for that with mine.

I think the ugly C pillar is an additional 600 euro 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭vinniem

I've similar mileage on mine so service in the new year. I use level 3 regen so would be surprised if brake pads and discs are worn. Do you use regen? I'd expect an ice car would need pads changed by 45km.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Lads... Dumb question here. What charge cables did you get with your Niro EVs?

I've been driving mine for a couple of months but only charged locally so far. I'm taking the first longer distance spin soon and will try use an Ionity charger.

The charge port can take the dual type circle+extra pins. While the cable I have is only the circle CCS. Is the regular cable able for the full 77kwh charge speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RM Ernest

At fast chargers the CCS cable is on the charger. You just plug that into your car.

The Type 2 cable you got with the car that you may use with your home charger if not tethered you can use on AC charge points. Commonly known as destination chargers in hotels etc. or the on street esb AC chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

The rapid chargers have tethered cables, so you don’t need to use your own. They have the extra pins for CCS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Look at the label on the connector of your cable. It should say 32A I believe

Thanks everyone. Just one of those dumb questions I've been having. So far I've only needed to use the supplied CCS charge cable I got with the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Hi. Just terminology but the cable you got with the car is commonly called a "type 2" cable. CCS expands that with the extra pins used but on its own it's a type2. Just in case you're having a google or anything.

Hopefully picking up my Niro EV K3 tomorrow. Changing from my MG ZS so excited about the range/efficiency upgrade. Seems Zombie Mode doesn't have a fix yet?

Serious question about predicted range.

I charged the car up to 90% overnight and this morning the predicted range was only 355km. I had Eco mode on and aircon off, so it should be a true reflection of full battery usage. It seems too low for a 90% charge, I was expecting something around the 400km range.

Overall the efficiency is about 16kwh/100km. What are others getting in their range?

All depends on the weight of your foot, and the roads you drive. Also, I found Normal more economical than ECO mode

Would be pretty easy going on the accelerator, tend to use high setting on regen breaking for town driving also.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

345km at 100% today, mostly motorway driving. Sure it's only a Guess-O-Meter take it handy and could get well over 400km.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Range is only an estimate and it’s affected by temperature, as well as recent driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Roads are very damp and sticky at the moment, lot of salting. Dry roads and will help a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

What kind of roads are u driving on? I’m driving Eco - mainly city driving.,

I'm getting about 380km @ 80%, and the same, mainly city. I found that my km per kW was better when on Normal mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Thanks. Only a Couple of days into my life as an EV owner so plenty of experimenting to do!

Advertisement