Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Nobody made a racist remark here and you know that yourself.

The ott comment was aimed at both of them, not one, so you might as well stop this ridiculous crusade.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭4shameee

People want her to die. I think that's partly because of racism. Now stop your own ridiculous crusade. I never said anybody said anything racist here , except you eh know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Partly? Or mostly? There are racists in the world, some of the hate she gets must be racially motivated, but everything I've seen has been criticism of her as a person (right or wrongly).

Is there any non-white person who's gotten a lot of negative press that you don't attribute that to racism? Do think Kanye West is hated now because he's black?

Mostly racism amongst those wishing death on her. I don't think Kanye West is hated because he is black. For you to compare what he has said to what Meghan has is hilarious in the extreme. You are missing my point about Meghan, for people to want her to die despite her doing sweet **** all ,is an extremely emotional reaction which I presume is mostly borne out of racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Yeah, you keep contracting yourself with every post. Well done.

• Advertisement

Well done you mate. Haven't said at all why I'm wrong at all. Just snark remarks. Pretty useless input.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

To dislike Meghan is not down to racism and it's unfair to suggest that it is. Give people more credit. If past posts are reread, I'll be surprised if there was anything mentioned about her mixed race background.

Who suggested that it was??? Because I certainly haven't. I have said many on here don't like her and that's fine ,I can see why some dont. But people who want her hurt or to die , there's definitely a racism angle. Your also wrong about your 2nd point , some lunatic last week was giving out that she didn't wear her hair in a traditional African style.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

What I’ve come away with from this documentary is shock…shock that an institution like the royal family would allow one of their own’s spouses to be fed to the wolves. Looks like they actively engaged and colluded with the press in getting negative publicity on her, all to cover up some misdeeds of the heir to the throne perhaps?

Another major misstep here by the monarchy is how this is and will be perceived in commonwealth nations - the Royal Family are coming across as a failing institution following Queen Elizabeth’s death, unable to modernise. Camilla meeting and inviting Jeremy Clarkson and Piers Morgan to her Christmas party - how vile. How disgusting what Jeremy said about Meghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭maebee

@4shameee

"But people who want her hurt or to die , there's definitely a racism angle"

No, it's not. It's nothing to do with racism. It's because she is a nasty individual who, by her own actions, has no friends or family. End of.

• Advertisement

Is all her nastiness proven?

I don't think it's racism to be fair, but it's beyond disproportionate. I don't believe for a second that the really vitriolic nut-jobs are actually that bothered by what they think she might have done. It's just the need for a hate figure. While I don't think it's race, I do think her sex is an element of it. It's total witch trial stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, it's probably a bit of everything : the fact that's she's an American, that she's black, that's she's an outsider and not a 'royal', that she's a woman....all of the above make her fair game for attack from the usual suspects.

It would be wrong to pin it solely on race. The right wing UK media crowd that are attacking her are intolerant of numerous people - they don't even particularly like white Europeans, never mind black Americans.

I do yea. She is a nasty individual who has broken up two families. As Harry said years ago "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets. Nasty. It has absolutely nothing to do with racism. As I said before, I don't know anybody who saw her as a different race because when she came on the scene there was no mention of race. She only played that horrible card in recent times to suit her agenda.

So do you agree with those people? I can feel steam coming off ya bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

She is not black! Unless you were aware that one of her parents were black , you would struggle to say she was even of mixed race.

The old rasicm card is an easy one to pull out to garner sympathy. Mental Health another one. She had ticked both boxes!

No doubt the royal family are a horrible bunch, but she comes across as a right nasty piece of work.

@Kauto

"No doubt the royal family are a horrible bunch, but she comes across as a right nasty piece of work"

That's it, in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

Good, they deserve everything and more. Hope they start reporting Wills misdeeds also.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You’re minimizing the colour of her skin despite the fact you’re completely wrong. It is absolutely racist to do that.

She’s not ‘practically’ anything. She is mixed race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The gutter press in the UK and the Royal Family are a strange relationship, they despise each other and need each other at the same time.

Fair play to Meghan and Harry for ditching the lot of them.

As for Clarkson he is clown, unfortunately a lot of like minded people support him, but an attention seeking clown nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

What do the RF need the gutter press for?

I'd imagine they would be alot happier without them .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,139 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

you would struggle to say she was even of mixed race

Indeed, people seem to be struggling alright. It's weird and most definitely racist.

The racists are struggling because one thing they detest above all else is being called that term, something which I always found strange, you'd think they would embrace it. 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

So the only reason Markle would attract ill feelings is that she is mixed race?

Not because of the lies she told? The misrepresentations? The bullying allegations? Her hypocrisy? The fairly clear signs that she is a manipulative narcissist? None of that would have any bearing on her drawing vitriol? Its entirely down to skin colour is it? Why presume its racism?

I presume racism because certain people want her hurt and dead. She has done very very little wrong that you have any proof for. Therefore for such a strong emotive response as to wish her hurt /dead, id say their is racial motivation there as well , of course there is . If you want to think that it has nothing got to with it , go ahead. As an aside , well done on calling her mixed race! A few aul lads here struggle with that concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

They are deflecting, that's why. They can't argue on fact, or on HMs behaviour so they throw out the racism card. It's a super easy crutch for them. Look at how they have derailed the thread. These people are not interested in a proper, normal back and forth conversation. It lets them dismiss anything we say because (according to them) even though we deny it, we must be racist RF lovers. Dont like Markle? Sure she didnt do anything wrong, you must be racist. Its the only explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

It is a case of wanting to be seen (and for people to see all this) through the prism of race. It is notable that it isn't stated that she is a target because she is American. She could easily have gone with the xenophobic Brits who hate a Johnny Foreigner marrying in to their Royal family angle. Lump in some misogyny for good measure. She could whip all Americans (the target audience for this dirge) into an anti-Brit frenzy. Their people, their royal family and their toxic press bullied one of their own back home, fed her to the wolves and then cut them off for good measure. It could work. We don’t have anything like that back home! (*Cough* National Enquirer *Cough*)

No, race was deliberately zeroed in on and selective bias was done to form a narrative i.e. pick the one or two blatant pieces from among literally thousands of critical, neutral or positive coverage pieces, proceed to make a mountain out of a molehill and draw it out for over six episodes. Too little butter spread over too much bread. Case in point. Predictably the Danny Baker tweet was talked about but there was deliberately no follow through. Viewers are meant to see the surface level blatant racism but not see the subsequent fall out, the overwhelming condemnation of Baker and his tweet which shows it was one racist condemned collectively and nationally who rightly suffered the consequences of his blatant racism and who saw his excuses dismissed. Yet if you query this narrative, question it, criticise it you still can't win. You're just engaged in unconscious bias. That's some Orwellian stuff right there i.e. I know nothing at all about you but since you criticise someone you've never met and have formed a judgement on them (which is subject to change) based on their own publicity, their own words and actions I know, deep down, that you are a racist. It is insulting but therein lies the draw of using the race card. Interestingly the charge of unconscious bias seems to only work one way. You have people of all races criticising the whiter than white Royal family. Criticism which varies from the very serious (Andrew) to the innocuous (who made who cry). Yet you never see white people scurrying to lambast other races and lump unconscious bias on them for siding with Meghan in thinking Kate made her cry or for thinking Andrew is a big stonking protected Pedo. This idea of everyone collectively free, if they so choose, to criticise anyone and do so with no preconceived bias or prejudice based purely on how well adapted (or not) your skin is from protecting you from a radiating Star. What a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Right from the get go both them used two very emotive topics. Both substance-less as well. Suicide and racism..and folks are baffled at the level of disdain for them.

yes, some idiots are talking about pain and death to them. And why this has to be racism is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

I see Meghan doubled down on the "I was suicidal but I wasn't allowed to get help" angle. So to expand on this Meghan says she was suicidal and since help was prohibited she could have killed herself. Telling someone with suicide ideation they won't be getting help could understandably trigger them to act on that ideation. Yet at the same time she was the scapegoat and press whipped via planted stories by those who prohibited her from getting help expressly to cover up their transgressions from being reported on. So she was an asset in terms of taking heat away from the Royals.......until such time as she killed herself. Make it make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,139 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It lets them dismiss anything we say because

WTF? That the Royal "we".

You are responsible for your own opinion, no one elses.

Advertisement