Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Happy birthday @Loughc enjoy the pints and food.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope you had a lovely meal and birthday @Loughc ! 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭sporina

Christmas concert/carol service in Nano Nagle Cork yday - twas wonderful.. woo hoo..

another carol service tomorrow night.. then another on Wed... and xmas eve..

there have been others on but I could not attend them..

yup - you guessed it - carols at xmas are my thing.. (used to play the organ in the choir at home for years.. Mum was in the choir too and lost Mum Sept 2021.. hence a strong emphasis on carol services)..

Also lost Dad in Aug 2022 and he had quite a strong faith (neither ever preached religion though).. but..

Conclusion - carol services in church tis xmas 2022 = my band aid to help me get through the season.. 🎤🎹🎶

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Wow, lots of carols! That sounds lovely @sporina, I enjoy a nice carol service myself, but just realised that I haven't gotten to one since 2019! Must remedy that next year and book some outings. I'm sorry about your parents, that's tough to lose them both in such a short time. I'm glad the carol services are a source of comfort and joy (ahem) for you. 💙 xx

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not fortunate enough to get "Christmas holidays' in work but I'm used too it

Booked flights too London for next August. Going to see The Weeknd in Wembley Stadium. Not a big 'Pop' fan but these guy is different and the show looks amazing. The Dublin date doesn't suite but I always wanted to see Wembley and this is the perfect chance too do it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Im in the same boat, no time off due to work commitments. I have a deliverable to be done by the end of Thursday, then hoping to have a quiet enough Friday and head home from work early.

Happy birthday @Loughc !!!

We went to see Santa last night with my folks and our wee one. He was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

A very Happy Birthday @Loughc , many happy returns.

On the subject of birthdays, it's mine today. Am 50 today, love the fact that I'm a Christmas baby, not sure I'll see another 50 though 😄

• Advertisement

Last day in work for me today!!!! And tomorrow I will be in Spain!!!

Welcome to the 5-nil club my friend, have a great day!

50 is the new 30 btw!!😉

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Con'grats on the big one. Hope you have a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Birthday wishes to @Loughc & @BK5, as someone who is nearer to 60 than 50 I can vouch for the fact that the 50's are great. Enjoy 🍾🥂

Morning all

Nice winter weather out there, chilly, dry and bright. Give me a could more months of this and I'll be happy!

A few more little jobs around the house to do today as working and then the last big clean and shop on Thursday. Looking forward to Friday on as will be in no jobs and relaxing mode (as much as you can with 3 kids and hosting Christmas dinner 😂).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm finishing up today till the 9th!

If anything horrid comes up in the next 5 hours I'll be raging though.

Who doesn't love the 11th hour, 'Can I just check something with you?'!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Happy birthday 🎉🎉🎉🎉 hope you both have a lovely day.

i had that happen to me one year. Ever since then i'm always hoping nothing else comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not sure I remember much about my 50s... I am looking. at.. 80.... next year ...Just had to check the maths before I typed that... Yep,, the great 80..

Just was out to the gate to get coal. We have had a serious windstorm happening.. Lovely to find post; island so bad weather usually stops delivery... TWO overseas Christmas cards with letters etc... ... AND a parcel of knitting yarn from Springwools who are very kind to my impoverished state and love of knitting for charity! YAY! It really IS Christmas! Abed surrounded by knitted bells and the jingles that go in them.. I give them instead of cards... These are for island neighbours.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy birthday @BK5

I’m finished work for 2022!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Happy birthday to all the birthdays.

Myself and OH are making our way through the todo list. Today was supposed to be non stop cleaning and decluttering but we went out for a quick bite last night and I think I ate too fast or something as I wasnt too well last night so am shattered and the cleaning is not going as efficiently as I'd hoped.

BUT, it will be done by tomorrow eve then there's just a big shop and some fun baking to be done.

Small gathering this year, have 5 coming over so will be 10 of us for dinner on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭sporina

off to a carol service in a local church with friends - and its for charity too.. feeling good... hope you all are too x

Mini rant, apologies in advance.

Why do people look at you strange when you say 'Merry Christmas' literately 5 days before the big day?? Is it that strange to wish people a merry Christmas when you are not going to see them again before the big day!

Just popped down to blanch sc to pick up the one thing we forgot for the kids, pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to get in and out.

Think we're all done now. 1 big work meeting tomorrow with the potential for some pain and after that hopefully it'll be Jan 9th before I have to deal with any unreasonable clients or passive aggressive contractors again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy birthday @Loughc and @BK5

So tired today, good day but busy doing a few bits and time just went against me today,

Christmas hair is done, had party food for dinner just too tired to cook

Early night tonight start a fresh tomorrow

I don’t get people like that @TRS30 it’sChristmas week!

@DvB I feel your pain, I just don’t know why people can’t be nice it takes more energy to be nasty passive aggressive

Advertisement