Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

And don't forget her husband, who has worked with mental health charities, couldn't figure out what to do so told her to get dressed up and attend a royal engagement. Whilst there she cried through a performance when the lights went down, yet not one single photo of her has appeared with a tear-streaked face and her make-up ruined.

Funny that given how the press hounded her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Ah but that was "Institutional Harry". Even fecking that up was not his fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You have people of all races criticising the whiter than white Royal family. Criticism which varies from the very serious (Andrew) to the innocuous (who made who cry). Yet you never see white people scurrying to lambast other races and lump unconscious bias on them for siding with Meghan in thinking Kate made her cry or for thinking Andrew is a big stonking protected Pedo.

Nothing unconscious, bias or racist about that.

Extremely weird opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

You are zeroing in on a minority of users to try and backup your argument. The vast majority of users on here for/against HM would not wish any harm to befall them. That would be crazy. Because someone hates HM does not mean that person is racist. You have zero basis to say that. Especially when you refuse to see any wrongdoing by HM. People can not like or even hate other people without race being a factor.

You mention lack of proof, we are swimming in proof. Take the Oprah interview for starters. Markle was at best misrepresenting a lot of facts on there and at worst downright lying and spinning stories to generate controversy, which would earn her money. Claiming racism as the reason her kids didnt get certain titles, claiming she was married days before the public ceremony, claiming she wanted out of the media spotlight.....on an Oprah interview broadcast the world over. Want further proof of her hypocrisy? How about the Netflix series and Harry's book? IM not even getting into any of the smaller stuff thats out there, the likes of the Nelson Mandela comment etc.

You might think all that is small bananas, fine. But just because you don't see what we see doesn't give you the right to casually accuse us of racism. Same as the other goons insisting that we are all secretly RF lovers and will defend them tooth and nail.

Andrew is a sex offender but not a paedophile, 17 is too old to interest a paedophile.

• Advertisement

Because someone hates HM does not mean that person is racist.

Maybe not, but to hate someone you have never met or spoken to who has committed no crimes is pretty fúcking weird. Don't you think?

Jill Dando'esque.

You know what I found odd? That the reasons for them wanting to escape on a freedom flight (lol!) was because William shouted at Harry and Charles told lies but the elephant in the room is that they never mention Andrew as a factor in any of it. I suppose he doesn't control the purse strings and so there is no point in flogging a dead horse dependent on handouts. I find it odd that, given the platform provided to them, and as self-declared compassionate humanitarians they never spoke about Andrew, his victims, his associations with criminals, his behaviour or Harrys family protecting him and covering for him. It would be plausible (and laudable) if they said they were disgusted at his behaviour, appalled by his associates, appalled at his family protecting him. But no, William shouted at me and my Dad told lies and we had to get away because that's clearly worse than Andrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

It could be that they were (are?) friends with Eugenie and don't want to upset her as she seems to be their only real contact with the Royal family now.

That would mean they are part of the general protection of Andrew though? Maybe the book will go into the details.

• Advertisement

No what is actually odd is you claiming, "White People" never lambast other races for Andrew being a sex offender.

Why the fúck would they? 😕

Like I said, extremely odd.

In fact this whole thread which was pretty bonkers to begin with has taken quite the sinister tone since these 2 told their story.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭4shameee

Your first part of this post is terrible. You literally are taking offence that I am calling you all racists , I AM NOT (although a few posters have said racist things) , I have said countless times it's fine to dislike her. I think racism is linked to the ones who want to see her hurt or killed. I didn't read the rest of your post because you quite clearly never read ANY of mine.

Racist remarks have been made on here. Anger at her that she doesn't wear her hair in a traditional African way, Calling her practically white, saying you'd struggle to say she is even mixed race. Do you understand what racism is?

Post edited by 4shameee on

You seem to think me calling him a sex offender is a compliment, that's rather worrying.

You splitting hairs over what sort of vile deviant he is is rather worrying.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The only thing I can think of to explain it is that there could be some sort of super injunction preventing them from even mentioning it. Alternatively, it could be the closeness with the York girls and Harry that's made them swerve an opinion on that.

This thread's been going since early March 2021. Racism was and continues to be swiftly stamped out by mods. If we were all racist then the thread would have been shut and deleted long ago. The truth of it is that for most of us, it's just a curiosity topic. It's like Eastenders with tiaras. I like celeb gossip, history and a good family feud, so I'm here for that.

Way back in the very beginning of the thread I said that I'd liked Meghan when she first came on the scene, and was rooting for her to thrive in a role I wouldn't do if you paid me. But I also saw even back then on other British forums the undercurrent of dislike for anyone who wasn't good enough for their darling 'Arry, and anything is an excuse to dislike her for it. Racism was an undercurrent from some, for sure.

When they left, I thought, fair play to them - go live your lives and be happy well away from the constraints of the royals. I think she is very beautiful and I've defended posts here that diss her appearance because to me, slagging off someone for how they look is not much of a discussion. I went into watching the Oprah interview not leaning one way or the other, but it was all the inconsistencies that emerged - proven false statements that made me start to get sceptical of the two of them, in fact, I think that she's got some excuse with not being British to fully 'get' the royal set up but he's worse because he's been steeped in it from before he was born and should know better.

My opinion is - British public love to tear someone down, and the tabloids feed that. Harry moved fast with Meghan and I think he selectively didn't prepare her the way William seemed to do with Catherine so she wouldn't scare off royal life the way the other two ex's did. I wonder if, when Harry critisised his brother for telling him to slow down was William really showing consideration for Meghan and the onslaught she was about to experience but it suited Harry to rush her up the aisle before she got a good look at the life ahead of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I've a feeling Clarkson has ended his media career over this. The backlash has become huge in the last 24 hours.

Many media watchers are wondering what the hell came over him and The Sun and how they ever thought such an article was acceptable to go to print - speaking of his absolute "hatred" for a young woman at a time when the issue of online abuse and misogyny in the media is such a hot topic. It doesn't matter who she is and what she has done in her life, speaking about her like that and mentioning Rose West in the same sentence was disgusting.

Nobody on this thread has said not liking Meghan means you are a racist. Not one person.

Yeah it's heating up for Jeremy , 12k complaints , over 60 UK MPs have written to the sun editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

More than in the whole of last year. Horrible man.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

He has probably done for himself now, given the number of prior offences.

But I bet his farm shop will be swamped with punters forever more...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Clarkson is screwed here. I knew he’d be. Couldn’t help himself.

I think we are all finding common ground on Clarkson haha

I don't think/ have a clue if you are a racist , you are probably best place to answer that. I think saying someone is practically white when they are mixed race is a racist statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Or just a dumb statement? Why does it have to be racist?

It can be both dumb and racist which this one was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I don't think this will ruin Clarkeson, I mean he punched his work colleague and pretty much got away with it. In fact, two other colleagues left with them and they got a massive deal with Amazon. He sort of failed upwards. This however, I think has given him a big dent. He got too big for his breeches and thought he could get away with it. It was absolutely vile. I got the GOT reference but my goodness, there are people I despise, but I do not lie awake thinking of horrendous things to befall them. Absolutely unhinged stuff. I think he must have gotten a big shock, maybe because his daughter spoke up so quickly against him. I've a feeling it's not the first time they've probably clashed like this. I was shocked that he too also acknowledged the hurt his words caused, although he didn't actually apologise. The cynic in me thinks he only did this because of the backlash it caused his friend, Camilla.

I think it is evident, that journalists can have free pot-shorts at Harry & Meghan without an reprisal. But if there's anything about the rest of the family, there's obviously some calls in the background. Just look at the lack of articles on Andrew. Sure some things are coming to light now, but many of those photos would have been known at the time and not reported on. I too thought maybe there's a superinjuction but usually when there is, it's public know that there's one in place, but the person/people's names are kept secret, however the rest of the world can report on it. That's what happened that time with Ryan Giggs, people in the UK found out through social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I also forgot to mention, I thought it was rather curious that the Daily Mail reported that that party was by Camilla and highlighted the goodie bags to incite a bit of a class war (the rising amount of people in the UK needing to use foodbanks vs celebrities getting free fancy foods). When in fact it was someone elses party I think, and she was just invited. Of course she (and her security detail) knew in advance who would be there.

I was just so surprised to see the DM make Camilla look bad. Maybe they didn't get an invite!

• Advertisement

Tbh I think the fact he didn't apologize tells you all you need to know. It's hard to know when something like this happens , sometimes they ride it out , sometimes they dont. The MPs calling for him to be off the screen is very dodgy stuff for Clarkson though. A few were surprised the RF didn't put out a statement , If they didn't protect her before they certainly won't now.

Advertisement