Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭the 12 th man

Torture...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭the 12 th man

What has post count got to do with anything,post count whore much?...

Count whore? Wow. 🙄

Care to explain what “Torture” referred to then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Have you been trained by Terry Prone.?

I have asked you many times how you know how much tax Duffy pays, and you have never answered. You obfuscate and divert but don't answer the question.

I will ask again. How do you know how much tax Joe Duffy pays? How much tax does Joe Duffy pay?

• Advertisement

No Brian, I have not been trained by her; though I have met the woman and been in her company/presence on many occasion my disdain for her is right up there with my disdain for Mr. Duffy,

And as I said before Brian, I’m not discussing this again. Sorry hun xoxo.

I will say this much and that’s it then I’m afraid. despite your assertion that I haven’t answered you, I have provided lengthy answers to this question on more than one occasion. You seem incapable of understanding the nuance of my previous lengthy answers on this, so perhaps this will clarify things for you - I NEVER ONCE QUANTIFIED how much tax he does (or perhaps of more relevance to this conversation, does not) pay - you’re the one fascinated by a figure. What I have said is he is using a mechanism to avoid paying tax that is highly dubious and against the spirit of the law, a system which has been questioned many times publicly and in the Dáil, and a system that we have been promised would be reformed - but sadly has not yet. He pays a lot less tax than he should as he is for all intents and purposes an employee of RTÉ.

AGAIN, AND I AM PUTTING THIS IN CAPS SO IT’S ABUNDANTLY CLEAR FOR YOU - I NEVER ONCE QUANTIFIED HOW MUCH HE DOES OR DOESN’T PAY.

I AM NOT DISCUSSING THIS AGAIN.

TYFYS Brian and Happy Christmas. I hope you enjoy some marmalade on toast over the festive period.

If you had quantified, ButtersSuki, I wouldn't be asking the question. You have said on more than one occasion that JD pays "FOCK ALL" tax. Again I ask, how do you know this?

We both know that you are avoiding the question because you haven't got a clue as to how much he does or doesn't pay.

I haven’t avoided it. I’ve answered it more than once - he pays far less than he should. I’m sorry you are unable to see that. Take care. You’re on ignore now - I should have done that a very long time ago tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Gentlemen, instead of trying to state how much tax Mr.Duffy actually pays, why not establish roughly what he should be paying? For arguments sake, he should be classified as a sole trader and pay tax on his total income minus business expenses. We can take a rough figure of €600K, fees from RTE and income from other sources like endorsements, speaking engagements and his writings. Based on that he could/ should be paying somewhere in the ballpark €250K-€300K in income taxes, PRSI etc. And if he is, that's a pretty good clawback for the state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

I guess the assumption is Duffy has arranged his afffairs in such a way that he can avail of a legal way to pay less tax. He is not the only one operating this way, and I imagine it is perfectly legal, with precedent and fully tax compliant.

I am not sure there is a moral point around 'paying your fair share' (in the same way its both morally and legally wrong to avoid tax); I personally think it is everyones own duty to be both tax compliant, and to pay no more than is required of them. There is a duty on others (i.e. government) to ensure fairness in the overall system - perhaps that is the real issue here. Close the loophole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Sammy sauages on ad there I felt sick but even worser as joe says after I saw the abomination of marty morrisy dressed up as god knows what...

• When Mr Duffy received the severe leg injury which necessitated his absence from work for some time, he was not accepting of the terms of his contract employment which meant there was no sick pay. Co tract workers need to build in their own resilience for such eventualities which inevitably happen. There are insurance schemes one can pay into which will provide cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,602 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Self published bukes again, I'm out out out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Thought I'd pop in & wish you all a happy Christmas, it's been a while 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

.Self-published bukes again, and you can jam-pack them up your arse, Joe.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Self published Bukes 😳, I'll pop back out 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I would double-pay my tv license if Joe pulled out one book and said "Jesus this looks shite".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Cawlur gleefully reads out his mobile number on air as Joe asks him if he can post bukes (No, they'll get delivered by Wanderly Wagon).

Not a hope that he won't be getting prank calls for the rest of the week, not a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Remember when Joe said, you'll never be bored if you read a book 🤔

Probably because you'd be asleep after the first page of these 🥱🥱🥱🥱

• Advertisement

Well yer man is right about the demise of the small book shop. The bigger chain store shops tend to stick to mainstream publishers and as much central billing as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mountain

Joe doing creepy voice,

gave me a sickening feeling

Joe should have been paid sick pay from his own company and not RTÉ. After all, he is a contractor to RTÉ and not an employee. If his financial advisor was quarter useful then he'd have had Joe pay into some manner of a defined illness scheme of some shape, all tax relieved and above board. I would find it nigh impossible to believe that he had no such arrangement in place.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭busunderer

Joe not a true blue dub shocker

Is this a self published CD?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

we have reached the bottom of the barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭avfc1874

The fella selling his book said, it's only €45 plus 11euro postage which is not dear at all??🤔🤔, Sure why not get 2

Here now, she didn't publish this book herself... that's cheating.

• Advertisement

• Ryan Tubridy should be doing this buke program, sure isn’t he very fond of bukes and would read every one of them in order to engage with the cawlurs on their wurks.

Advertisement