Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ours have the radio playing Xmas FM the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Does it automatically bring up the android auto screen when you start the car? I think I've got android auto set to auto start so it goes straight into it

I find the music is a bit inconsistent whether it starts automatically or not but I think that's a Spotify thing

Podcasts seem to always start automatically which means my kids occasionally get to hear part of Well There's Your Problem or something similar unsuitable

"Daddy, what's kiwi farms and why did that woman say everyone on it is a **** and should go **** themselves"

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I am refusing to learn how the radio works for that exact reason 😁

The departure time should figure out when to start heating. I think mine was preheating for nearly 30 mins during that cold snap

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

No love for the 8.30 Christmas cheer here. 4 year old just wants Michael Bublé - Santa Claus is coming to town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭id.4 fan

Just charged my ID.4 at one of Electric Irelands public network charge points.

Forgot about the massive price increase from today €0.509/kwh.

I did the math on it (my wife drives a diesel) and at these rates the gap between diesel vs EV efficiency is closing.

€60 Diesel Car = 416kms

€40 EV = 450kms

You would want to be mad to pay €0.509/kwh at a 11kw charge point.

But how much is the diesel you refine at home Vs the electricity you charge off of at home?

I guess the idea is anyone regularly using the AC chargers will get a subscription and benefit from marginally lower rates

One trick is if you've signed up for the paid We Charge plans, I think one of them is cheaper for AC than ESB rates

One of my proudest moments as a parent was when both kids were asking to play We Will Rock You and then singing along 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭id.4 fan

I'm currently on the monthly DD membership plan with Electric Ireland which is the lowest rate plan they have to offer.

I think the trick is to avoid Electric Irelands charge points at all cost till they lower their rates and stick to my home chargers nightly rate of €0.20kwh

€0.509kwh on a 11kw charge point is outrageous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

first post in this thread, can the ID4 be charged at a rapid charger or is the max it will charge at 11kWh?

also, earlier this week i drove home for work, and had no sound whatsoever in the car. no radio, sensors, even indicator sounds. now, it was the most economical drive i ever had since I got the car, but have no idea what happened. It was fine again later in the day. Passed a VW dealer on the way home but they didn't want to take a look, the mechanics went home 'just a few minutes earlier'...has anyone had any issue like that before?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

yeah, mine reset during the week as well. internal gremlins, i'd say.

Max AC charging is 11kw.

Max DC charging is 125kw, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Happened to me once, letting the car shut down and restart fixed it

The max you'll get at an AC charger is 11kW, if the charger is 3 phase. Most public AC chargers are 3 phase, but home chargers are almost all single phase so will give 7kW

On a DC charger using the CCS plug you'll get 125kW max, or 135kW if you're on the latest software

However there are many factors which feed into how much power you'll actually get. First off, you'll need to ensure the charger can supply that much. Many ESB chargers are 50kW max, anything over that is called a High powered charger (HPC)

Ionity are typically 175-350kW so they should be able to charge the car at maximum power.

The other factors are battery temperature, and the amount of charge you started with. You'll need the battery to be warm to charge efficiently, so typically after a long enough motorway drive the battery will have self heated enough. On cold days however the battery might need to be heated which will slow down the charging at first

The lower the battery charge, that faster your charging speed. Generally you need to be below 10% to get full power. I've gotten it once when I plugged into Ionity at 8% battery after 6 hours of motorway driving, it was pretty awesome to see the screen showing 125kW of power going into the car 😁

If you arrive with a higher SoC the car will lower the charging power to protect the battery

So I noticed earlier that the navigation now gives a little animation at motorway exits showing which lane you should be in

Is that new in 3.0? I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before

It's a good idea but it has two flaws, it's very distracting and seems a bit random at times picking the lane if there's more than one lane exiting

I also noticed the ID light will light up on the side it wants to change lane and the car told me to move one lane left one time

She's an even stricter backseat driver than my wife 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ElectricD

How do I tell what current version software the car is on? Car was in with VW for 2 weeks in October getting the software update. They seemed to run into a lot of issues. Have noticed no difference at all in anything software wise!

Sounds like you got the update so.

Settings, info, software versions (something like that) and version 0912 is 2.4. 0910 is 2.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Need some help here.

3.0 part 1 OTA started downloading on 24/12 and finished on 25/12.

I can see the battery percentage and temp in the view behind the wheel now, so looks like it downloaded properly.

The system information is showing ID,Software 3.0.0 and Software 0362.

I drove the car yesterday and the infotainment kept resetting - thought this might be to do with the update so didn't take much notice. When I parked up for the evening got the update available on the exit screen so presumed this is part 2.

Got into the car today and Software 0362 still showing, should this be 0363 after part 2?

Infotainment still resetting so am guessing the 12v is the problem.

Has anyone else had this happen - ID.4 1st 2021 ?

Haven't been able to set the S-PIN or download any of the new tiles given the above...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

Have you tried a reboot of the car?

Yep, no effect

• Advertisement

So mine effectively factory reset after the update, and I had to sign in as a user to get a lot of the functions to work properly

Wasn't getting constant reboots of the infotainment though. I've a 1st Max FWIW

Anyone else noticed the app is snowing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

They really shouldn't roll out software updates over Xmas.. hopefully you get sorted but might be a day or two getting a VW garage

AA assist came out

plugged in their diagnostic

U041300

Hybrid battery management control unit

CAN comm. faulty/sig not plaus.

any seen this? Doesn’t sound good to me. 12v is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mgkmgkmgk

Hi guys, has anyone experienced any gps lock issues with their Navigation app in the infotainment system?

Up until yesterday mine was working fine but now my ID.4 is not getting a GPS lock when I open the app.

Most of the time my car is showing up as in a field somewhere and consequently I am getting a message displayed on the info system "no data is currently available for this area"

ie. No speed info, traffic info etc etc for the area.

My cars ID. Software is 3.1.0

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

I think I did ask this before but does anyone else get the creaking and groaning when cracking and also the creaking while turning sharply when parking

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

Had our first issue with the new ID4 yesterday,

lowered down the rear passenger window and it looks like the glass has come off the rail or something.

All I get now is that grinding noise and the glass doesn't move, I managed to slide it up by hand manually and it seems to be staying up for now.

Anyone had this happen on their ID4?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Hasn’t happened to ours. It’s things like this that piss me off with the car. VW has made it on the cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

Its the first issue we have had now and had the previous ID4 just over a year without any issues so I wouldn't say it's a massive issue.

All cars will have little niggles, will be interesting to see how long it takes vw to fix it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Well if we are on the subject of niggles, my tail light seems to pop out of place. I clicked it back in but recently I noticed the whole light bar on the back has done the same. A wider gap running along rear

Advertisement