Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Twitter now free to discuss the role of Fauci in the alleged cover-up around COVID vaccine safety.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

No, it's not tracking him. To pretend it is requires you to be massively dishonest or completely duped by this conartist. I think you lean more to dishonesty frankly.

You believe that twitter was wrong to ban people who were spreading anti-vaxxer propaganda. You believe that Musk was write to ban journalists who criticized him for no real reason.

This is hypocritical.

Your claim that the vaccines are more harmful than the virus is not supported by any evidence. You are simply lying.

And right on cue, you are claiming that all evidence that shows the safety of the vaccine is false.

This is false and it's an extreme, very silly conspiracy theory on the level of claiming the moon landing was faked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,621 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You can't tell the difference between a plane and a person??? It's not tracking him.

Well you certainly can't assume what you read is true in any of your posts, that's for sure. They are exercises in misinformation.

Your claims about propaganda ring hollow when at the same time you swallow whatever weasel words Musk puts out and repost them here.

It is completely different. Pre-Musk Twitter had rules of content which they followed and applied. Now it is Musk doing whatever he wants to do. including banning and ghosting accounts he doesn't like personally. To present them as the same, morally or intellectually, is without merit or foundation.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

No, it uses a drawing of a guy with a reflective mirror in a white tunic. No doctors are represented in that ad nor quoted. Did you zoom in and read that ad?

Try harder.

It is an image of a man who looks like a doctor, that is the point!

So what is your point now? That all doctors and experts who don't accept your silly conspiracy views are all fake? Crisis actors perhaps?

Seen worse. Once an anti-vaxxer posted an image of a smoking propaganda poster from Bioshock thinking it was real.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Banning the twitter account which posted the jet location does nothing whatsoever to hide the location of the jet. Just means that the location doesn't appear on twitter, it's still freely available information and available on flight tracking websites, and now has its own dedicated sub Reddit.

All the twitter account did was show the location for people who didn't want to open another tab on their browser and Google it themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Except many countries are not recommending boosters for healthy people under 50. Certainly some health authorities feel the risk/reward ratio does not weigh in favour of boosting those who are less at risk.

I don't think the poster was talking about boosters though?

And the risk versus virus is different for someone vaccinated (unboosted) versus unvaccinated. They are recommending initial vaccination course.

Which of these countries say that the risks of the vaccine are higher than those of the virus?

Which of these countries claim the other things being claimed by conspiracy theorists like the notion that the vaccines are killing 10s of millions of people?

Or what Dolan is claiming in that all doctors who support the vaccines are fake.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭hometruths

The only reason to advise healthy people under 50 against taking boosters is that the benefits do not outweigh the risks.

Pat Kenny was getting hot under the collar this morning that the current situation is NIAC would rather see unused vaccines be poured down the sink rather than allow under 50s to take them.

He seems to have forgotten the mantra about following the experts advice.

But the issue you're jumping in to defend was the claim that the vaccines are more dangerous than the virus.

Which is false.

Just like the claim that the vaccines are killing millions or 10s of millions of people like you've suggested previously.

Just like the claim that all doctors who support vaccination are fake or are somehow equivalent to promoting smoking.

• I’ve assessed that this is *checks notes* utter bollox.

Elon Musk has done nothing but talk absolute shite for months. Sitting at the edge of your seat waiting to hear what he has to say? Couldn’t be me.

• Advertisement

• He wasn’t hot under the collar to be fair, I listened to that segment and it was a more than fair question. Which was; why are vaccines being tossed in the bin rather than given to folks who are not on “the list”. If there’s people outside of the ones presently “eligible” for a booster, we have more than we need, why not?

I really don’t understand why no one seems to care about the money that’s being thrown down the sink when vaccines are unused and expire.

Because NIAC has recommended they are not to be given to healthy people under 50.

Giving medicine to people solely because you want to avoid throwing the medicine away is not exactly a model of patient led health care.

• Yes that’s their current recommendation however at their behest they could easily alter same to include the aforementioned scenario.

I’m going to hazard a guess that a vaccine which couldn’t be given to the population fast enough a year ago is somehow a detriment to peoples health now.

Like was mentioned also the vaccine clinics etc are ghost towns. I suppose my overarching point here is the government either needs to

• stop buying so many vaccines if we’re binning a great number of them over expiring
    • start offering them more widely when there’s vaccines which are due to expire soon

im well aware we can’t save every medication manufactured from the garbage, but we can help reduce waste with some clever thinking. reminds me of last year I sought out the flu shot a bit too late and was told they were all expired already. My GP could’ve rang me and told me this was happening I’d have made my way in sooner!

They could have contacted patients or put a sign on the door even to let people know “hey, we have a hape of flu shots here about to go off, come on in!”.

Now, that said, I’m not a doctor or scientist so I may be missing something here that’s a key element in this decision, but I just don’t see a major negative to giving folks outside a certain cohort a shot if it’s going to the bin otherwise. I was to understand that limiting the crowd who will get one is meant to keep supplies and demand in order so they don’t end up swarmed.

Mind you I feel like they could open vaccines to all tomorrow morning and they wouldn’t see much of a spike in visitors.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Because NIAC has recommended they are not to be given to healthy people under 50.

well that's lies.

NIAC has certainly NOT recommended they 'not be given to healthy under 50s.'

they said it wasnt needed to sustain protection. There is NO MENTION AT ALL of the risks of the vaccine outweighing the risks to healthy under 50s.

your anti vaxx bias is shining through again.

And of course you're free to hazard whatever guesses you wish, but I think it's good to see that those with the responsibility for the decision err on the side of caution. Better late than never.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Well the pharma industry doesn't give a toss, they made their money . And dare you question it.

They did their best with marketing campaigns and instilling fear in some and guilt shaming others etc

I'd say the pharma investor's made a huge amount of money from the vaccines and there was a monumental money transfer throughout the pandemic.

Whether you have a pro-vaxx or anti-vaxx bias it is inarguable that if you are healthy under 50 and you wish to get a second booster, you are currently unable to do to so, because it is contra to NIAC's recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,270 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

There is a significant difference between saying you don't need to take something vs you shouldn't take something.

The avoidance of a recommendation is not the same thing as an recommendation of avoidance.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

LOL keep rolling back there, eventually you'll get to the truth.

NIAC have determined a second booster is not warranted for healthy under 50s, therefore there is no free nationwide roll out.

interestingly if you are healthy and under 50 but a health care worker they are recommending to get the booster jab.

So theres obviously no increased risk of the vaccine compared to the virus for these people.

The risks are weighed up relative to the benefits of the vaccine, not just the risks of getting the virus.

Presumably they think the benefits outweigh the risks for healthcare workers. But not other under 50s.

Sure.

So if you're a healthy 30 year old who wants to take another booster you will be told you don't need it.

And whilst maybe you won't be told you should not take it, you will be told that you cannot take it.

But again, the claim you've inserted yourself into to defend was that the vaccines were more dangerous than the virus.

You are also claiming that the vaccine is potentially killing millions of people, so it's ridiculous to suggest that you are arguing a matter of a slight difference or cost/benefit.

But the healthcare workers are not doing so, they obviously have good reasons to refuse the boosters.

Total nonsense. This kind of stuff is why you are ignored.

The claim I am concurring with is Spudmans:

Except many countries are not recommending boosters for healthy people under 50. Certainly some health authorities feel the risk/reward ratio does not weigh in favour of boosting those who are less at risk.

Quite clearly if health authorities are disallowing boosters for some cohorts then they feel the risk/reward ratio does not weigh in favour of boosting those cohorts.

So ok, you disagree with the OP of the thread who claimed that the vaccines were more dangerous than the virus.

Cool.

However this doesn't address the fact you claimed that the vaccine was potentially killing 10s of millions of people in secret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭bmc58

The truth is hard to accept for some whatever the evidence.

However this doesn't address the fact you claimed that the vaccine was potentially killing 10s of millions of people in secret.

And I guess you can quote this claim I made? Or are you just making stuff up again?

Nope.

So then you agree that the vaccine isn't killing millions of people. Is that correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

"Twitter now free to discuss the role of Fauci in the alleged cover-up around COVID vaccine safety".

So to get back to the OP. Where is the discussion? Its been a weeek since Elon's tweet, what juicy details does he have ?

• Nothing. Just like everything else he’s said in the last while, it’s without any substance or should be laughed at (or both).

Elon Musk seems to know everything if he’s to be believed. Between having the goss on covid conspiracies to knowing exactly how to end the war, he’s a bastion of knowledge that fella.

no, sorry, he’s a crackpot is what I meant.

Too busy being a hypocrite and clamping down on people's free speech that he personally doesn't like.

He had nothing. And given conspiracy theorists now have to cling to the phrasing of HSE statements to prove there's a conspiracy, there was never anything in the first place.

As I have said before, I have no idea how many people have died as a result of the vaccine.

Whatever that figure is, it is totally irrelevant to my post that you quoted about NIACs recommendation about boosters.

As I said earlier, this is why you are ignored by so many (and why you are banned from the other thread).

You quote a post that you have no interest in debating or discussing, and instead of addressing the point in the post you quoted, you just fabricate some totally irrelevant claim to try and deflect/divert/discredit/derail.

This brief exchange is a classic example. It's just relentless trolling.

And you've avoided my question.

"You don't know how many people the virus killed." So potentially it could have killed 10s of millions. Right?

So my initial comment was actually correct despite your protests. You believe that the vaccines have potentially 10s millions of people.

(Again, if this isn't the case, it would be very simple for you to just state your position clearly.)

This is highly relevant to your points and to this thread, because if you believe that the vaccine has potentially killed millions then this means that there is a giant global cover up. And that any word games about statements from people who are part of this conspiracy aren't really meaningful.

If the reason the NIAC recommended as it did because they have secret information about the millions of people who secretly died from the vaccine rather than the actual cost benefit analysis, that changes things a bit.

May not be directly covid or Fauci related, but he is dropping stuff that should be concerning with respect to what "facts" are allowed to be in the public domain.

• Advertisement

So why hasn't he dropped it?

How many times does he have to fail at doing so before you stop trusting him?

Or are you just that desperate for there to be a conspiracy?

Ask him yourself, anyway, what makes you think I actually trust him, that's in your imagination.

Don't forget where this thread is!

If he delivers and there is an element of truth in it then we'll see.

So ok. You can't explain why he hasn't dropped the information then.

Then you'll agree it's most likely cause he's talking out of his ass like all the times before.

If you don't trust him, why do you keep posting these comment as if there is something to them?

Why think that there's something to them when there's absolutely no reason to and every reason against? That kinda sounds more like a desperate blind faith to me.

Also why do you mean by "don't forget where this thread is"?

Are you suggesting that the conspiracy theory forum is for making up false stories?

You're wasting your breath, you're now ignored as you can't discuss the subject without attacking the poster.

No, I attacked no one.

You're simply making excuses to ignore points and questions you aren't willing to answer.

Not sure why you anti-vaxxers think this fools anyone.

I say let him drop as much truth as possible. I'm not on Twitter myself. But if he's going to expose corruption, lies and people in high places warping reality. Well good luck to him.

As they say the truth set's you free...

• Advertisement

Those things should be incinerated at such a temperature they'll not even vaporize. Throw them into lava or something... Who's to know how lethal they are if they're poured out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I used to leave mine on for the cycle home as it kept my face warm when it was cold. People would look at you like you were stupid but it done the job nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Ah, c'mon, you're not even trying to be sanely reasonable anymore, at least you can drop any pretence across threads.

Elon is driving clicks and engagement, that's all he's interested in, he'll string people along as long as they keep engaging on it.

I always find it funny that conspiracy theorists constantly tell us how they're "awake" and "question everything" and "know how the mainstream media work." Yet we keep seeing in threads like this how they don't seem to have any awareness of how media and grifters can manipulate people for attention. Even when it's so blatant as Musk's nonsense.

I think in some cases on this thread, it's more a deliberate ignorance because some antivaxxers are just desperate for something to support their beliefs, but now that they can't fully get behind the claims. Which is why we're seeing all this "I'm just waiting to see if there's something to it" shite.

What, Astro no need to be suggesting that I'm unreasonable and my sanity is skewed.

We're getting along better than we used to. No need for the digs bud.

Take me out of it and stick with the subject matter.

Go again...

• Advertisement
Advertisement