Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2023 *Spoilers* *NO BETTING ODDS*

Options
  • 06-11-2022 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MOD EDIT: Updated to include full PPV Card

12 midnight - pre-show

1am - main card

Men's Royal Rumble match

Women's Royal Rumble match

Kevin Owens vs Roman Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship

Alexa Bliss vs Bianca Belair for the WWE Raw Women's Championship

Bray Wyatt vs LA Knight - Mountain Dew Pitch Black match.

I know early as probably another 1 or 2 ppvs left before but is Becky and Cody the favs to return to win both rumbles?

I'd be happy for Sami and Shayna to win

Post edited by Necro on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

I always predicted Cody winning this on his return but the pop for Sami if he wins it would be legendary.

Sami not acknowledging his tribal chief and facing him at Wrestlemania is the storyline is make surely…

Unless a certain Hollywood star makes himself available…

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ATM those 2 guys would be favourites but few other options for the mens

Kevin Ownes wount be a bad winner

Bray Wyatt maybe but we still have to see where that storyline is going

Surly cant give it to Brock or a returning Randy Orton

Could we see Roman actaully entering to show 'how strong a champion' he is with him winning but The Rock returns to face him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Rock and Reigns if happening at WM does not need any title

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd agree, but I also feel given Reign's absolutely epic title run, bundling it off him at a lesser PPV than Mania, so he can do a Rock match, would be a real injustice to the title. Feels that if/when he loses, it should be at as big a show as possible.

Rock/Reigns kind of books them into a corner in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

You'd have to figure that if it is Roman Reigns going against The Rock at mania it does make sense for Rock to return and win.

It would be some what predictable but fanbase increases from rumble to mania. What perfect way to keep people's attention.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Roman and Rock, IF it ever happens will 100% be for the belt. No ifs buts or maybes about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Eddie Moment with Sami and Reigns as PPV before Mania.

Rock interrupts Roman during match, sorted.....

The current plan is for Roman Reigns to defend the Undisputed WWE Universal Title against Kevin Owens

I'd love for Sami to win the rumble and face Reigns at WM, give him his WM moment, a huge pop

Post edited by Necro on

...wrong thread....

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Raquel vs. Ronda for the SD women’s title is the current plan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just a word about a usual issue that crops up every year round now.

Please, please don’t post bookie odds. It goes beyond the usual type of pro wrestling spoiler, as usually they are very much spot on. I’ve edited the thread title to reflect this request.

Charlotte to return to win the women's match ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Talks of the Rock returning to win the Rumble and take Reigns on at Mania is actually sickening. Rock doesn’t need a rumble win and Rock Reigns doesn’t need to be for the titles.

If they are INSISTING on Rock Reigns they should have Jey win the rumble have Reigns make Jey give up his title shot saying no one from the bloodline would take on the chief, the rock then enters he challenges Reigns and it leaves tension between Jey and Reigns.

I think Sami winning the men's rumble to have a title match against Reigns as WM would be awesome, imho he has elevated the Bloodline with his addition and the storyline is there, he could be the top face in WWE, the WWE wasted Taker's streak on Lesnar who did not need the win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

They should do Ezekiel / Elias spot in Rumble match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I've always found the surprise return as the best aspect of the Rumble.

Hard to think of anyone I'd pop for though (Santino maybe :))

Rhea may enter both rumbles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

That would be a fresh way of bringing Rock in for WM (and spare me another repeat winner) if one of the Bloodline had to drop the WM shot. Was thinking a while back it would be interesting if Reigns cost the Usos the tag belts as punishment for... something.

My thoughts were to possibly maybe have a woman win the men's Rumble so women's Raw and Smackdown WM matches are covered. (Or take away the women's Rumble and have whichever jaded woman topple the men's match.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Really looking forward to this now under the new regime. So much so I just booked my flights and tickets as it's a bucket list item I've wanted to complete since I was about 4. Super reasonable too flights and hotel wise - thankful for the post Christmas economic slump!

I'd still love Sami to win but Cody seems likely

I think Sami deserves a world singles title reign and win against Reigns for his great work

• Advertisement

Bray Wyatt vs. LA Knight will be the Mountain Dew Pitch Black match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

Dew smell what the Mtn is promotin'?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That poster sure is electrifying…..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So just confirming the Cody appearance. Plus a random Asuka appearance since she's been quiet these days.

Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Owens ( for one title or both titles? )

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

Cody confirmed now for the Rumble. Can’t see anyone but him winning this.

Sami the dark horse but can see him getting involved in the Reigns KO title match leading to him and KO vs the Usos at Mania.

• Advertisement

They are really pushing hyping Cody's return but I'd prefer Sami winning the men's rumble, I think the pop for him would be more than for Cody and he has done superb work with storytelling with both KO and The Bloodline, he is so damn good ucey

Advertisement