Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRS12805 National Grade IV 2022

• 29-11-2022 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

What were your thoughts on the aptitude test?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DEW138

5 min per test,first and second part wasn't too bad. But mygod, the 3rd test horrible. Even navigation was so messed up. Or maybe its just me,being stupid 😳

Post edited by DEW138 on

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sinz

When you say 3rd are you referring to verbal reasoning or the 3rd question of the task? I viewed the sample and it seems straight forward but I am expecting the test to be tricky.

Numerical reasoning, the last one on the test. Deadline is tomorrow, wonder when results will be out 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blonde123

Anyone know when we get the results

I haven’t heard anything about results. Hopefully soon although I’m dreading too. Personally I thought the tests were tough. Good luck everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 rob1113

any word on results?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eilscoffey

delete

Post edited by eilscoffey on

Jeeze waiting for these results is so hard.

Hopefully we hear soon. Take me out of my misery.

Has anyone received results yet?

Nothing yet. Very slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Iggy1986

anyone get an email today?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Mr lebowski

Edit. Having reread it. It makes sense now alright. Not sure why they would do the supplementary panel also. Unless there was a low application rate.

Results are out

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Leryan123

Hi, Got my results. Total score 49.

Lowest was 20 and highest was 79.

Am I likely to get called for an interview does anyone know?

Thanks

Ye, got results. Not happy at all. Can someone explain what does the other email mean? Like why they are making supplementary panel while this is not finished yet?? I dont get it 🤔

I got my results but I don't know why they sent out another national campaign for grade IV. It really does not make sense.. I'm sure they have a valid reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shaz406

Got my results. Only 41. I'm very disappointed.

I wonder should I apply for this supplementary panel or cut my losses ☹. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

What valid reason would be that? That they screwed up with such a nonsense test and not many people passed? 🙄 i got 41 as well, my friend got 41. Something is not right here 😕 🤔

It doesn’t make sense as to why they would create a supplementary panel when they haven’t gotten to the interview stage of the current panel. I’m disappointed with my aptitude results but trying to remain optimistic.

Got results 54. Not too bad I suppose.

• Advertisement

Don't get me wrong, that test was horrible and it has no relevance to the role. It is quiet shocking.

I do understand the frustration. Bur your score will hopefully take you to interview stage further down the line

No,i am not frustrated at all. I have never seen the supplementary panel organised while the other one not even gone to interview stage yet. This is very confusing. Having said that, its nice to see someone else score different to 41 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Mr lebowski

I scored 57 and my friend 48 just for the record. I guessed a fair few though so I must have got lucky.

anyone know how it works next? Do they call interviews per county or do they call for the entire country and then split up via county after ?

split by region but all going on at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

I wondered about the supplementary advertisement as well. Seems strange. I'll have to apply for that as well just to cover base.

The aptitude tests werent great....and the results give you no indication of where you might be in the pool. I recently did ones for the civil service and they gave you a result per section and an overall order of merit based on them.

I got 63 so assume it's decent enough but hard to tell

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maggie magoo

I only got 32 and pretty certain this was the same assessment as a grade 3 campaign awhile ago... which i scored 42 lol. I got another email today about the primary and supplementary campaign. I assume I don't have to do anything and just sit and wait. I don't really want to have to go through all that application form filling and assessments again! Again, as someone else mentioned, these tests are totally irrelevant as to whether or not someone can do the job... same as other public service, madness!

What was the email sent out today about?

Just got an email for the invitation to interview, deadline to accept 4th January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Wilkesjr

Can I ask what area you had applied for? I got 47 (not impressed as I got 57 in grade 3 earlier this yr). Also got a text this afternoon to check for an important email..but nothing's there 😳

Advertisement