Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Just out for a coffee before back to work.

It's a lovely sunny but cold day.

God I hope I steer clear of flu etc over the holidays.

Hope everyone gets better soon who's sick. Right pain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back in to work tonight for two, why oh why are they confusing me like this?. Got tree and lights up last night to surprise Mrs G, she's delighted so I'm delighted it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Nothing gets me going like a nice pair of blue legs. I expect pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Supposed to be working 😂😂 Got to love the time difference 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Collected El Cato's ashes today. A nice tribute that Ms G opted for. Some might think it's morbid but we think it's a nice memorial.

• Advertisement

I think that's beautiful, @Grandeeod . Hope it gives Ms G some comfort and consolation, too.

If someone flies me to the Carribbean I will show legs 😝😝

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@Grandeeod I think it's beautiful, absolutely something I will do for future family furry folk..

What can I say? I'm a child of the seventies with a penchant for all things Scandi 😊

• Advertisement

Heh I appreciate this aesthetic, how are you and Grumpy doing dare I ask?

A hell of a lot better than we were last week. Something pretty major was happening to him cerebrallly and out of hours doc and his own GP (which is supposed to be my first port of call now at this stage of his life as per his consultant's instructions) basically didn't take his symptoms seriously. Thankfully, the issue was diagnosed after a CT in a&e, the worst of the symptoms have passed 🤞and he's back home. Unfortunately unable to get out of bed today but at least he is calm and he slept all last night so hopefully tonight too. It could have been a whole lot worse, though. Just glad he's tucked up peacefully and contentedly in his own bed.

How are yourself and Mrs Grem?

I won't even get into healthcare, i'm just glad you and him are as ok as you can be.. We're ok thanks for asking, working tonight and tomorrow but house is festive which has given Mrs G a smile.

Sounds lovely Grem. Hope ye enjoy a lovely Christmas.

No break here but the days i do have off i will try to make nice.. Hope you manage ok

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My days off got delayed so here I am sitting back in a plane heading off for a lovely 24 hour work day. Not amused.

I've no doubt you will make them lovely. Hope the aches and pains stay away

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Back home. Deeds done for as many as possible including family. A bit at the tech desk tomorrow and Friday. Gonna have some grub and watch A Muppet Christmas Carol. Cold out.

I was trying to figure out why i found it so cold earlier, totally forgot i had cut my hair yesterday. Good thing i'm not in charge of the power grid or some such 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Getting over a gale here. Just Mayo and Galway.. Glad it has eased in time for the shopping getting over later today. being house and island bound needs organisation. But such good support! Blessed I am!

And wishing all here al they wish themselves and more this Christmas...

All very peaceful and low key here, which I love. Lovely carol services on youtube ....and my good friends at Springwools sent two big packs of yarn just as I was all but out... Not in good health these days so snug abed with knitting and youtube is perfect. Tree and fairy lights up and shining. Advent Wreath.. Cards and letters from far away loved ones. Cats on my feet! We keep each other warm!

I deeply respect the privacy of families out here as loved ones come home but rarely. They know I am here and that I have all that I need. Today will be my last contact.

Always glad to hear from folk..

Christmas blessings and peace...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just out of bed and 1st coffee drank. I fell asleep after 2am ( in bed ) and actually slept fairly well for a change. Now the hard part 😡 , stay awake all day till midnight when the next wordle is out and repeat. Insomnia is one of my many annoyances.

Any way now I’m up I hope everyone has a great day !

Bloody ratrace eh CJ?. Grumble grumble

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Im not in the ratrace. Limping about on a walking stick is my lot now 😪

That was kinda my joke, I've a semi-permanent hobble myself 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Dont mind the legs, it’s a nice arse that I covet.

The cat is on the bed facing the radiator.

Getting ready to sleep.

Just the simple life for him. 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I have the last two island cats in my care now. each has HIS own place on my feet abed when the stove is not lit....Then they gravitate to the kitchen ... furry heat- seeking missiles...

Just finalised the arrival of the (frozen) turkey as the weather has relented but is not to be trusted for long. Dratted M.E/CFS has decided to seriously erupt so am on autopilot for absolute necessities only. Oh and my entire tray of cutlery has....vanished. Must have put it in a different place...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Starting to feel a bit better today thankfully but still resting. I'm not leaving this bed today. I'm lucky I'd finished up in work.

Christmas will be very quiet while I recover but I was never a big Christmas person anyway, it's more the time off I enjoy.

Happy Thursday everyone.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Feel better soon PM!

I'm here clock watching to finish work at lunchtime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Don’t you just love when you’ve trained people to do your job and now you can sit back and relax 😊

Advertisement