Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

BG and BG are chancing their arm with that comment, make a formal complaint and then off you go on the long road to get the money off them

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Same nonsense I have been receiving from them as they owe me over 200e from feb-June. Complaint in over the weeks now, several phone calls where the agent tried to say needed to be their customer now to get it along with several other ridiculous excuses.

Contacted cru twice as well as official complaint with them too.

Latest response from cru today is

Thank you for contacting the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU).

If a customer has chosen to switch their supplier before they have received payment for their exported electricity, the CRU expects that:

-      the customer’s new supplier [as-switched-to] will remunerate the customer for electricity exported from the date of switching, subject to eligibility and applicable contracts in place with that supplier; and

-      the customer’s previous supplier [as-switched-from] will remunerate the customer for payments for electricity exported up to the date of switching, subject to eligibility and applicable contracts in place with that supplier. 

The CRU has been advised the following by Bord Gáis Energy:

‘if a customer leaves us prior to having completed 12 months export, any outstanding payments for exported electricity completed will be paid to them. There is no requirement to renew a supply or export contract, we will pay any outstanding amounts owed’.

We would advise that you contact BGE to clarify their position on this matter, as you may have been provided incorrect information by their agent.

Yours sincerely,

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

Round and round and round we go……

hope they pony up. The cru are are incredibly useless it would seem though

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

BG are a shower of ******** alright, look at the crap they sent me:

Thanks for your recent email to Bord Gáis Energy.

We understand that you filled up the form online call "Expression of interest" and you also filled up the NC6 form for ESB but, there is no microgeneration tariff on your account, this is the last step and it was not done. 

I am sorry for all the inconvenience. 

They also owe me Feb-August

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Cru said... "subject to eligibility and applicable contracts in place with that supplier. "

So basically you are fighting windmills. If the supplier needs a clause to get out of paying they have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Same shite that I went though with SSE when I left them in Sept (that they refused to pay from Feb -> Sept). They wanted me to install a smart meter NOW while I'm with Energia so that they would pay me the money owed while I was with them. WTF my current meter situation with Energia has to do with what I had installed in the past is beyond me - but they seemed adamant that this was the "official policy" from ESB Networks.

Lodged an official complaint. Got nowhere. Decided that life is really too short to spent it on the phone arguing with muppets and have moved on. Very happy with Energia so far. FIT credited to my account last bill (€45 or so) and no nonsense. Their (Energia's) website is a bit "meh" compared to SSE's in terms of historic charting etc, but have excel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

There was no microgeneration tariff available at the time so it was not possible to sign up to one. Bord Gáis are really letting themselves down here. They're losing so much goodwill and getting bad feedback here for not paying out small money. They will lose more than they are gaining by not paying out what they owe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Nothing from Electric Ireland for me, some of my neighbours got theirs today.

I put a day/night meter in back in August, would this effect anything? Deemed fit isn't hard to figure out for 3 months...

In an ideal world yes but they don't care, the percentage of properties with PV is still too small.

Yeah a few of us will boycott them going forward but we won't see them leave the market unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Energia applied the 2nd electricity credit of €200 to my account today, no fuss, just efficient administration. at this rate we won't need to pay for any winter day units. so I'm very conscious of how fortunate we are, to be in the position where we got capital-cost grant aid, fair CEG prices, and now this credit.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Agreed. Don't bring up the subject at Christmas with family or friends that have no PV. It's painful for most

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭paulbok

Got an email from Elec Ireland today to say their €50 credit and the next €200 gov credit would be applied to my account at the start of Jan

"This €50 Winter Credit will appear in your online account from 2nd January 2023 and will be automatically applied to your next bill from 3rd January 2023, in addition to the second instalment of the €200 Government Electricity credit. You do not need to do anything.  "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Definitely looking like I'll be moving from BG once my contract is up in Feb. I've no time for their shite and also waiting a year to get paid is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

I still have 9 months on mine and think I will change over in February too. Will go with pinergy and make that the 50 cancellation fee back pretty fast.

I'm genuinely worried I will never receive the fit from them.

Long and apologetic call from bord gais today following my complaint with then and with the Cru. They have finally agreed this week according to the complaint department to pay all ex customers for power exported irregardless of their microgen terms being agreed to but not until start of March. Explained to them that legally they had to anyway but glad it is finally getting sorted. Account access given back to me and credit will automatically apply in March to then arrange that balance to be transferred to my bank account.

I do think if I hadn't opened complaint and continuously harassed the Cru to contact bg on my behalf that they wouldn't have sorted anything for me. A frustrating experience from start to finish with them and will never return to bord gais again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Sorry old post but I came across and would like to ask the question.

Would you not give the battery/ inverter a "hard" life if charging/discharging at max specs for 3 hours every day?

I recall watching a video of a lad who burnt some battery cells (well after 8 years though) doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Well I got my Electric Ireland bill last night...thanks Santa Clause! 3495 kWh over the last 60 days.... But I'm an all electric house and I have an EV so it will be big

Anyway I got my Microgen payment off EI and it was €317, which is their estimate from 15th Feb this year 1500 kWh. I actually exported around 3500 kWh which if they paid me that amount would be €735! which is a significant amount. I have 6.1 kWp installed. I have applied for a smart meter months ago but still no sign of it.

I know people say avoid the smart meter but between been able to charge the car at 2am at a discount and the actual PV export amount its deffo worth it for me anyway. I need to chase these bastards up and get my meter installed..

The bill wasn't that bad considering the size, as between the PV credit and the Gov €200 credit and 60% of my usage was at night rate it could have been a lot worse.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Account access given back to me and credit will automatically apply in March

Are you agreeing to March?

As I posted earlier in this thread I have been through the complaint process already with BG and they have paid me in full already (I’m a Energia customer now).

You should be insisting on the same. Payment now please!!

I have done the same and she is to get back to me within 24hrs to confirm where to go from here

These cells can be charging a hell of a lot higher than 70A before getting anywhere near max allowed charging. They are designed to allow higher amperage than what I'm doing with them safely.

If anything this is less charge put into them than the high continuous amps that everyone's solar does during daytime pv charging in spring, summer months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

Still waiting on payment from SSE. Latest response:

We are currently working on getting our systems in place to get this credit onto the account and this should be available in the next couple of days. We do apologise for any inconvenience these delays may have caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

Would I be correct in assuming revenue will want their pound of flesh from the €735 and not the €317 as that's the true value derived and will the difference be paid to you in due course?

As you're over the threshold I'd be curious to know how onerous the self assessment will be for those of us doing it for excess supply to the grid.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭paulbok

Tax is only due on what is paid out €317, so on the 117 above the €200 allowance. As a deemed export value, the balance is gone for this year, can't be paid out on retrospectively.

Once Eco_mental is on a smart meter though, Michael McGrath will be on first name terms with him 😜

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

There's no guidance so far re revenue.

But only the 317 is the relevant number as that's the deemed export. While we can measure the actual export, the non smart meter can't. Water under the bridge. There's no comeback on it.

I'd classify that as an expense and tell them to PFO, the PV system wasn't free 🤣

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Sure Am 😎 Cork South Central all the way

I reckon after tax its about €466 into the paw, thats using 50% tax on €535 (735-200)

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Interesting this, we're also with EI, I actually tweeted them asking if they were intending increasing their FIT rates in line with the 35% increase in charge rates, got the reply I thought I'd get. NONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

UPDATE: So, with an 8 panel 2.94kw system installed 18/01/22, smart meter in May, I was rightly pissed off with EI for the (1) lack of communication, (2) no update on the tariff after announcing 35c per kw despite others paying 18c etc, when lo & behold an email drops informing me that FIT rates are to be increased to 21c per kw. Next day they inform me that I'm due E286 credit for same. So, not including my first bill post install ( half of which covered the pre-install ) plus the various Govt credits, my only bill has been E3.36 since. And as of today, I'm E311 in credit with them. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

tolerance .. reducing

Advertisement