Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kiln dried Firewood

• 19-12-2022 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭

Hi All , could anyone recommend a good quality, supplier of Kiln Dried wood for a stove.

I could collect if around Cork or one that provides delivery if further afield .

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 2k9cian2k9

I have been using kiln dried logs from Kelly's Fuels based out passed the airport in the five mile. Used mainly in our open fire and I couldn't fault them they're nice and dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Try MD O'Shea in Ballincollig....Megatherm beech logs and kiln dried logs....good value IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Barr

Thanks lads , they both look good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Coughlan fuels Glounthane, Carrigtwohill and Carrigaline, 3 bags of Birch Kiln Dried blocks 33 euro. if you wanted small quantities but they deliver pallet size too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,567 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I always use Coughlan Fuels who have outlets in Carrigaline, Glounthane and Carrigtohill. Zero complaints and the kiln dried birch always burns great in our fireplace which has poor draw.

• Advertisement

I never tried Birch before , it always seems to be oak or ash I come across .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I became obsessed with birch on a visit to Finland. It burns completely smokelessly!

Sounds like it will be good for the chimney as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We bought the birch from them a few weeks ago and it burns really well in our stove - really happy with it.

Advertisement