Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westfield Leixlip

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Silv3rHawk1

Hey guys! Can anyone recommend somebody for a snag list?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pra4545

Hi, Did anyone have any update on IW from the builder /Foreman?

Hey! Yes, I got a text last week saying they should have water by the end of (last week)

Hello everyone!

May I ask is Tado good (I have never used tado but have been told to buy as they’re the best) looking to get the rad valves when I get the keys, do I need a the smart thermostat for it to work? If so, what’s the installation like & can it be installed into the home firstly before I spend? Also, has anyone get security cameras? Did you go wired? Can you recommend any good ones? Looking to get all the stuff in the Black Friday deals.

sorry for the million questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 pra4545

Did anyone have an update on IW?

is everyone in Westfield stuck using VM broadband for the foreseeable future? Or, can we get an alternative ISP?

Hey guys,

Which bus can you get @ westfield that goes into the City Centre? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

52 for town from right outside the estate. C3 a bit of a walk, but only around the corner.

L59 for Leixlip village, Celbridge village or Confey or Hazelhatch train stations.

Before BusConnects there was only a express and the Nitelink on Green Lane, it's been fantastic for Leixlip (except for some in Riverforest who complain they've too many busses overall but not enough of some).

Post edited by buffalo on

Thanks so much for that.

May I ask. What is your mobile phone coverage like? (Ie does it cut out etc) I was in my house today (final snag + transfer of funds etc) & in the sitting room the signal is horrendous. Maybe could be due to the amount of machinery etc around. Not 100% sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

My Mam has a house there and we switched her from Eir to Vodafone and it's significantly better (she was getting tons of dropped calls).

Im with Vodafone. It could be that I am still technically on a building site. Hope it picks up a bit. But cheers for the reply.

How easy is it to install the thermostat? I gather you just disconnect the EPH one and just install the tado one?

I was looking at the Aqara valves. But, honestly, I wanna change the thermostat too because well…it’s dumb 😂!

How easy is it to install the thermostat? I gather you just disconnect the EPH one and just install the tado one?

I was looking at the Aqara valves. But, honestly, I wanna change the thermostat too because well…it’s dumb 😂!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dorianganessa

It's just wiring following the instructions in the box of you get the Tado, however I called an electrician because I don't trust myself doing that..or for anything other than changing a lightbulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lionking.

Hi All ,

I have recently bought in Westfield Crescent through a cancellation. I have requested to join the Facebook group but it hasn't been approved yet. Is there a WhatsApp group I can join ? I would like to connect with neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 choheinzz

Hi all,

We're considering buying a house on The Avenue in Westfield which is close to the pylons. Any thoughts on how safe it is esp from health point of view? Also, there's pedestrian access to the main road from the Avenue. Does it make the house less safe than houses further inside the estate? . I've read about people's home being targeted by robbers in the estate and wondering if close proximity to the main road makes The Avenue houses more vulnerable?

Also keen to know if one can have a gate added to the driveway entrance to make the space outside the house more private? If so is planning permission required?

Would I need planning permission if I wanted to add more than 1 skylight to the attic/roof space?

I know there's lots of Qs here but as first time house buyer, any info we can get on the above would be a huge help.

Thanks a mil!

Pylons are fine.

Pedestrian access makes very little difference - most of the opportunists have arrived by car. The ones on foot check back gardens until they find an un/badly locked shed and then target that. We're very close to an access point but have a hefty shed, so haven't had any issues.

I don't think a gate requires PP, and neither do rear skylights (lots have been added), but front/side ones would.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 choheinzz

Thanks a mil for your response. It's very helpful.

The agent told us that the windows have soundproof glass. However, in the rooms facing the road, the vehicle noise is quite audible even when windows are shut. Any idea if it's possible to further soundproof the windows, and if so what's the best way to get it done?

Also, we were told that there's no mgt fees at the moment. So how is bin collection currently managed, and how much does it usually cost?

Thanks again.

There's certainly not sound proof glass installed, but it is double glazing. You could replace with triple glazing, might help. You'll find sound still comes through the vents, and while you can seal those if you really want, it's not really advisable because then your house will have no ventilation.

Is the house right by the dual carriageway, or in a bit? You get used it to after a few months, and a heavy pair of curtains really dampens the noise at night (which is when it was most noticeable for us).

Bin collection is arranged by each household with a private bin collection company, like Thorntons or Greyhound, etc. Prices around €20 a month, but you can get per-lift with Thorntons and pay less over the year. Depends on how much waste you produce.

There's no management company, but at some point the estate will be taken in charge and the developer will stop cutting the grass. At that point the residents will have to pay/arrange for grass cutting because KCC don't seem to think it's their responsibility.

• Advertisement
Advertisement