Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

A lot of talk about cancelling due to the removal of sensors, the sensors on the ID4 are so bad that I think it will make very little difference to have none but gain a camera (Net positive I think). However it would be highly annoying if the next batch of Y's had and it fecked the resale value).....

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brian Michael

Hi all, thanks for all the posts here, it’s been very informative. I’ve ordered a RWD MY, and looking forward to taking delivery in Q1. It’ll be our first EV in the house, and I’m doing some research on chargers. My wife will likely get an EV also over coming years, so looking to future proof us from a charger perspective if she opts for another brand. Does anyone know if the charger connection across Tesla and other brands is now universal, and is there a charger anyone would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Welcome to boards!

All cars now have the same charge port, so you can use any charge point. What I do recommend is getting a tethered charge point, this means it has a cable attached to it, that you can plug into your EV. This saves you from having to get the cable that comes with the car in and out of the car every time you need to charge. Believe me, that is a huge comfort factor

Do you have solar PV or is it likely you will install some in the next few years? If so, a smart charge point that can automatically divert some excess PV production into your car is a wise choice. Several of them can do that, but the Zappi is the most popular one in Ireland and the UK

You also will get a €600 subsidy for installing a charge point. If money is tight, you should be able to buy a second hand simple charge point on the likes of DoneDeal or adverts.ie and have it installed for around that same amount, effectively giving you one for free

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yea. I used my Tesla charger to charge the bmw last night.

• Advertisement

No, why would they? The reason Tesla are giving $7500 discounts before the end of the year in the USA is that the customers will get the $7500 discount anyway next year as the new subsidy kicks in that Teslas were no longer getting the last few years. Without the same discount, nobody would buy a car now and everybody would wait until next year. Which would give very poor Q4 results for Tesla.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Re prices of used M3, this is a large anomaly.

The M3 had increased in price over the years which would have a knock on effect on used prices but the 2022 M3 is a fundamentally different car in terms of battery/drivetrain/build quality and features. To the unaware they may think the are getting great value in a 2019 SR when compared to a new 2022/2023 RWD but they are deluded or highly ignorant as the 2019 SR is incomparable to the 2023 model, largely due to Tesla's continuous improvement mantra and lack of visual evidence on upgrades/improvements.

I would not touch a 2019 M3 at those prices and the pricing cannot be benched against current model

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Having said that, 2021 Model 3 Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive (a more comparable car to new iteration) in Red with EAP at €53k is the standout purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Yeah i really have to agree with you there, i previously had a 2019 Model 3 performance (stealth & Freemont built car) and have replaced it with a Dec 21 M3P and its a completely different car. Build quality is far superior in the Shanghai made cars different battery size, electric boot, heated steering wheel, head / tail lights, double glazed windows, interior improvements....the list of improvements over the 2019 car is endless

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Out of interest, what do you think is a value-based price for a Fremont 2019 or 2020 SR+ in that case. Also, how does the model year 2022 M3 compare with the first batch of MIC SR+ with the 55kWh LFP battery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Brian Michael

Great, thanks Unkel that’s very helpful. I have solar panels too, so tethered Zappi looks like a good choice.

Yep a great choice if you don't mind paying a bit of a premium for the zappi. It's a lovely eco system, their app is best in the business and the Myenergi support is excellent with engineers coming on site (in Ireland) and replacing parts or whole units if needed.

And if you have more than a few token PV panels, it is great to see your car being charged by the sun, completely zero emissions and for free. I hope to power my car almost exclusively from the sun for the best part of 6 months next year.

It compares well'ish, the 2022 MIC will have 60kWh lifepo4 battery which is both bigger and 100% useable so that's (IMHO) the biggest difference, the current M3 RWD will also have a new motor (slightly slower but better long life allegedly), laminated front glass and lifepo4 "12v" battery as well as improved screen chip. I'm not sure on heated wipers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Tesla rang me today after my test drive last week. Said they will only be doing Q1 and Q4 deliveries next year. Not sure if it was true and just a sales tactic but it's a long wait to Q4 2023 if you leave it until jan to actually order one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Anyone has a recommended installer for a zappi? Managed to return the tesla charger but it was an ordeal. Havent got my refund yet though, going with zappi but looking at a reliable installer who’ll do paperwork in time but also be recommended… in north wicklow

Nigel Daly has done more charge point installations than any other company. They operate nationwide. They are reliable, do a good job, but you pay a premium for that.

If your budget is very limited, any local electrician can fit one, it is pretty much the same as installing an outdoor socket.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I wonder does that hint at a refresh/change of something during Q2 and Q3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

Sounds like BS - Ireland uniquely getting details of Tesla product planning before anywhere else in the world? Most unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Used electriccarcharger.ie, phoenix electrical rebounded. They were fine, had to haggle with them to do a neat job. Got a wallbox plus as it does the same thing as the zappi with the panels but the zappi looks awful and there were a few reliability posts on boards

I've been following this thread for about two months now and in that short time I can see a change in sentiment to Teslas. Most of it is due to the sensors being removed, but some of itnis due to the twitter fiasco.

Mirrors the stock price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

The stock exploded from 2020 to the start of this year, a growth stock getting way ahead of itself and then over correcting is not unusual, besides the overall market has been in a fairly sharp bear market for a while now, what’s happening with the stock isn’t a reflection of the health of the company or a lack of faith in its future

Wallbox plus is 979, zappi 999. Need an extra holder for the wallbox costing 39.

more than likely will try zappi. Ill order once tesla have confirmed when car is coming and have refunded me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Where are you seeing Wallbox Pulsar Plus installed for €979?

Makes €1150 installed start to look quite attractive.

Honestly I thought the Wallbox+ was cheaper to acquire for a DIY fit.

Is that what you paid or is this available somewhere currently? My sense is itll cost 1600 to 1700 installed for anything decent before the grant

1560 for me, included tails work. Wall box

Wallbox Pulsar Plus €1149 installed by www.ecoplexenergy.ie in August just gone. Now granted it was a very simple install.

Initial quote was €1299 but very quickly moved down with *very* basic negotiation - along the lines of "this other crowd are doing it for 1199" etc.

Install was sub-1hr so they have this down to a fine art now I'd say. The electrical equivalent of money for old rope apparently.

My install took 8 hours..had to bond an earth to the boiler out the back, wanted to do all manner of routing or wires out the house, told him he'd have to route earth behind skirting and out gable, not going out front. He earned his money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

€1300 for a zappi for me, very smooth process. 3 hours total. Box has been flawless. The ID.3 can be finiky to charge on early software versions. Sorted with 2.3

Advertisement