Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

..and with the most obnoxious voices too, insisting you MUST do [whatever they are selling] - I can't click "skip this ad" quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,937 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My TA is the Holland and Barrett's website. The last time I was on it, it added spurious items to my basket just because I looked at them (but didn't click on "Add"); I immediately contacted Customer Svce who told me the order couldn't be amended after payment but could be cancelled before shipping. I asked them how to do that seeing as there was no option to do so on the website - they replied 3 days after ALL of the items had been delivered, so I ended up having to drive to the shop to return them. Tonight I've items in my basket again, I go to pay, put in all my details (including a card I had previously used), but no joy "This payment couldn't be completed, please try again later or with another card". Tried both, no joy at all. The two-layer approval thingy didn't register any pending transactions waiting for approval. I ring CS at the number given on the rejection, 20mins + on hold, no reply (nor any indication that they were closed). Plus, the holding song was very irritating, not even half a sentence of the song would complete, with the voiceover apologising for the delay coming on every 20 sec, or so. I only went online to buy stuff because they were out of stock in the shops! Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

• Advertisement

Asterisk and Obelisk, eh? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Cracked a bad egg into a hot frying pan. Horrendous stink.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ManyMondays

Revenue!! Im a sub teacher and because I worked one day covering for a primary teacher and was paid on the primary teacher payroll for that one day, I was flagged as having two jobs so I was emergency taxed on all my wages and ive now got 1000 euro to last me 6 weeks, get me through Christmas and pay for my transport to work until my next pay day! Revenue dont answer the phones, take forever to respond to 'enquires' and it could be months before im put back on the right tax bracket! And they wonder why no one wants to work as a sub teacher!

You must've been very unlucky (or I'm particularly lucky, but knowing me you wouldn't say so), every time I ring Revenue I manage to speak with someone and they're usually very helpful!

Another TA: fingers fissures, usually caused by the cold weather. Especially those on your thumb, which you need to use all the time and regardless, but by Jove are they agony!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Finger fissures.... Well now, new one on me, they've been called cracks in my family on both sides since fado fado, a sore, bleeding irritation of an affliction every winter

They sound more evil when you call them fissures, Gremmy.😁

BTW, since I couldn't get through to them over 5 hours ago, I pressed 1 and requested a callback from Holland and Barrett. They've just rang me... to tell me to speak with Sales tomorrow.

1. Why the f#©% would you put a phone number on an error message if that was the wrong one?
    2. Why the f#©% would you ring someone at this ungodly hour, only to tell them "Talk to Sales tomorrow"?

I've a f#©%ing crazy day ahead of me tomorow (today) at work, good luck to me trying to get enough sleep now...

Bah Humbug, etc.

Post edited by New Home on

Oh, and tinnitus. Like having a "concert", live in your ears, at all times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

See there's only one type of fissures i can think of now, TA thanks Newie!

Those on the Earth's crust after an earthquake or with volcanic eruptions... right? 😇

• Registered Users Posts: 18,679 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Since we are coming into the main bit of the Christmas period. And it is a time of people being nicer to their fellow man and all that jazz.

I realised there are people who do that all the time. Looking out for others before themselves. Seemingly always of a happy disposition.

The type of person who is invariably good looking and charismatic. The type who light up a room when they enter it.

These type of people are invariably intelligent, well read on many subjects. Sporty, musical, funny as well. But somehow never seem like ‘know it all’s’.

Such a person/people are always willing to learn and better themselves and the lives of others.

While most average people would be doing well to be one of the Donkeys in the manger. Doing the solid occasional job. Have their odd bit of charity etc

But the people I am on about appear to give Jesus a run for his ‘gold, frankincense and myrrh’.

Such people well…. they kinda annoy me!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The whiff of a breakfast roll off someone else's breath 🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Waking up to find….

the weather is absolutely shîte

nothing on TV

the neighbours despite it being Christmas getting more work done at 30,672 decibels which started at 7.40am, but stopped with the workers leaving at 10.25am… so why the bastarding fück do they need to be there ’that’ early !? Be a bit considerate maybe and start at 8.30-9.00am and finish at about 11.35am ? still home to in time to baste the other half and kiss the turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,490 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I went to purchase a local club raffle ticket as a gift and was expecting it be €25 and it ended up being €50 and felt like I couldn't say no!

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Work were adamant last week that there would be no work this Christmas Eve and now they've have asked me can I come in.

I don't mind doing it but make up your mind ffs!

Crap at work. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Out here we get three An Post deliveries a week, weather permitting. And couriers refuse to come out here. sometimes the website does not bother to you that it is a courier delivery. And the couriers arrive at the quay and get.... So parcels end up in strange places.. An Post is brilliant. As I am not always up and about I signed a waiver that they can sign for any deliveries needing a signature and tht works fine. Given how few we are here. I think the world of An Post. Of course the Postmistress is the real force behind An Post! If there is a parcel there is a special deivery. Oh and he takes outgoing post. Excellentl. The couriers do not know every place and when I lived mainland things would get left in strange places..

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭French Toast

Did a pick up from a maternity hospital earlier. In the 30 mins I was waiting there I saw so many women who were evidently heavily pregnant go outside to smoke a fag.

Honestly pissed me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

6pm yesterday passed a woman in slow moving traffic with not as much as a park light on in her car. I turned my lights kn and off to alert her that she was driving around with no lights.

Alas, a wasted effort. She was too busy nailed to her phone and driving to pay attention to me of the fact theory light on in her car was off her phone screen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭Bredabe

There is a long back story behind this, but today I was buttonholed in a supermarket queue by a sometimes colleague, who wanted to trap me into "teaching" her the material from the recent IT course.

Not only am I weeks' behind on the material myself but I'm so not the person to teach anyone memory based material. So I told her that the written notes(I wrangled out of the unwilling trainer) would be online on the 25th. Which she complained to me was christmas day and too late for her to catch up for the assessment.

THIS is the one who complained long and loudly because I was taking up too much of the trainers time trying to find out IF written notes were going to be available during the break!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Minor but... People making plurals where they don't exist. Easons and stephenses recent examples

With Easons I think they just missed the apostrophe (Eason's).

Post edited by New Home on

Nope Eason is a singular I walk by one frequently

Also apostropbe needs to be a word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I have used H and B website for many many years and never once an issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement