Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Officially An Post are saying no deliveries, but I got a package from them this morning. Thankfully, it was my last Christmas present to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

There was post delivered in our park - saw the postie driving around.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There was out here too...

Just exchanged greetings and gifts with my neighbour the ferryman and one of his brothers at the gate... Oh and gifts for me from the island authorities etc etc.. Wonderful!

Feeling " proper poorly" and the weather is appalling ( waded through the "moat" to get to the gate!

Bed calls...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I didn't see any vans or the postwoman out here but thanks for letting me know.

I think tha in deep rural areas they make their own decisions about some of the less common days? ie holidays? They often live a the Post Office house and the actual postman is very local..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Christmas Eve everyone xx

We're in the middle of a thunderstorm here in Cork. Lots of thunder and lightning and a fair bit of rain too. Lovely if you don't have to venture out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Happy Christmas Eve everyone. Getting ready to head to my sisters for the full family get together and pressie exchange for the kids.

Then home and finish the prep for tomorrow.

Just popped to tesco ro pico up something my mam asked me to get. Big queues but grabbed a scan and shop and was in and out in 5 minutes. Just glad not more people use them😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Wow, where has the last month gone? Went out with college friends for our Christmas pints last night. Quite a few didn't make it because of illness, including Covid

Got a message from one of the gang this morning saying he and his wife tested positive for Covid this morning so am now on tenterhooks that I'll test positive tomorrow or some time in the near future. Feck it anyway. 😭

My only crumb of comfort is I was under the weather earlier in the week so might dodge it as a result.

Post edited by Heroditas on

• Registered Users Posts: 38,319 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

enjoy your day everyone

Treated myself to a Guinness nitrosurge and 6 pack cans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Happy Christmas Eve all - I lurk the Christmas forum throughout the year and really appreciate the positivity that's always present here - it's an antidote to everyday hustle and bustle. Hope ye all have a great one!

Happy Christmas everyone. From my offshore island to wherever you are. Christmas knows no boundaries or post codes!.... A universal joy....

Just me and my cats.. My neighbour's brother and sister were over yesterday ( family of eight who were born and grew uo out here on this small island) with gifts given and received. A rare and delightful honour for this solitary person..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy Christmas Eve everyone! Finished work a few hours ago and put a can of Guinness in the fridge for later. You're all amazing people here, full of positivity and light. Have a nice evening! 😄

Any news on the Grafton Street Busk ??

I'd say the crowds are unnatural

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Being streamed online from 7.30 according to rte news just now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

All the items ticked off the list.

Homemade sausage rolls for lunch and some party food. Snowman and the Snowman and Snowdog watched. Curry for dinner and then try to get the munchkins up to bed before the big guy arrives.

Despite getting drowned in the rain earlier it was lovely to see all to the shops in the village closing up earlier and everyone in such a great mood. It really is a magical day 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Christmas Eve to you all 🎄🎉🧑‍🎄

Belated Birthday wishes to whoever I missed 🎂🎂

Celebrating Christmas different this year as where I am they celebrate it today and not tomorrow. Wearing my Christmas jumpers all month and I think I’ve rubbed off on a few here 😂😂👍

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Worked out really well.

little one in bed, we did our Christmas dinner today. Signing off for 2022. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Unreal, Any link ?

tis hard finding a pub open this time on Xmas eve. Really regretting leaving then one I was in earlier. Rural places be fine but city places I imagine if your not in by latest '6pm' you're out of luck

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Happy Christmas one and all, dunno where this month has gone to be honest, feels like it crept up!

Hoping tomorrow goes to plan for you all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

That looks awesome @Jude13

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

The classic Xmas eve tradition

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The still. The calm. The quiet. The magic in the air. Christmas Eve. Magical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

We've got the fire going and die hard on (it IS a Christmas film).

Hadn't tried Bailey's in about 15 years and just had a glass with milk and ice.God it's manky stuff

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Blasphemy!! Love a delicious Christmas Baileys. 😋

In ten minutes.. I did not intend to be up and sadly will not stay the course as dratted eeyes keep closing without my permssion....

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Sitting here with a drink waiting for the big man to do his thing. I'm tired, Christmas tree pavlova just baked and everything (almost) ready for tomorrow. Had a lovely few hours at my sister's with the present swap for all the cousins. They're all teens or preteens bar two (7 and 8) so it was quieter than usual with more vouchers than toys, but still lovely to all get together. It has also been strongly hinted at that we may not have to host Christmas dinner next year and I am beyond excited 😁😁

It's after midnight now so Happy Christmas to All and to All a Goodnight.

Just finishing up after a lovely evening with neighbours/friends, it's Christmas morning now so happy Christmas everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭sporina

after mass - friends/family suggested we go to the pub.. we weren't feeling it so offered for all to come back to ours.. all accepted...

home is where its at for us.. at the moment anyway.. and everyone was up for it so a fab eve had..

off to bed now v happy.. Merry Christmas to you and yours.. #lovepeacecontentmentgratitudefamilyfriends

Advertisement