Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Hope you all ok for Christmas.

You can only do your best !!!!

Stop comparing yourself to others.

Hope you have the best Christmas ever.

Love you all.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bowser that's sweet, mind yourself..

I'm online for next three nights just in case anyone is awake and wants to talk nonsense to kill time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Hey @Gremlinertia fair play to ya.

That's what's it's all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Happy Christmas Wherere's !!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Wishing all you Wherers a very Happy Christmas from the wonderful Estoi Palace Hotel on the Algarve! 🎄🎄🎅🎅🎄🎄💕

Drove down from Lisbon yesterday evening crossing the impressive Vasco de Gama suspension bridge - was a long 3.5 hour drive but the hotel is very impressive - a restored 18th Century mansion perched on a hill overlooking Faro. 🥰

Just sitting down to dinner now.

Feliz Natal! 🎄🎅🇵🇹 🇵🇹

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Merry Christmas my lovely Wherers! Hope you have a peaceful day however you are spending it.

Hope those of you who were sick are feeling better. And for those of you who are missing loved ones even more at this time of year, I hope they are looking down on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Happy Christmas folks! Stay cool!

Festive tunes playing. At the Lego desk creating with Ms G. Suppin a shandy. Cantonese chicken for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yikes , Lego has moved on since I played with it. It looks more like instructions to build IKEA furniture. I feel your pain . 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch...all ready for the big day....sitting here watching and listening to the big busk for Simon live on the tablet...fair play to the musicians, brilliant tunes been played

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Spent the evening sitting outside the crib watching the stars, it is just so so quiet and peaceful. Slowly getting drunk and eating turkey. With 9 minutes to go to Christmas Day, I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas, take care of yourselves and each other.

Post edited by smurfjed on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Merry Christmas, wherers! Hope you're having a wonderful evening!!!

Just finished my traditional Christmas Eve dinner over here. Wasn't able to get all ingredients so had to improvise. Turn out that this one was the best one I managed since my parents passed away.

Apart from that, it's been a bit of a mixed bag. My mental health is still not great, but at least I'm somewhat stable on that front. Leg continues to cause trouble, but now it's the ankle that's the source of my problems.

On the bright side, I've got three more days of sweet Foxtrot Alpha ahead of me, and my cupboards are full to the brim!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Christmas Wherers 🎄⛄🎄⛄🎄 Hope you all have a lovely time, no matter how you choose to spend the day 😊 Happy Holidays to those who don't celebrate it 😊

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

There's a slice of choc fudge cake in my lunch box calling my name.. Must.... Resist....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That's a really beautiful pic @SuperBowserWorld . It reminds me if those watery city scapes of Paris in the rain

Merry Christmas wherers! Whether your working, celebrating with family and friends, or doing your best to just get through the day, I hope you can all enjoy it in your own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just eat it ! There's two chocolatey, fudgey, ganachey cakes here if you need more 😅

Got to have the porridge first!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Can't offer chocolate cake over here, I'm afraid. I can offer chocolate gingerbread, Stollen bites and cinnamon stars though 😉

(Seriously, Lidl & Aldi are real life savers when it comes to Christmas foods from "home"...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

All i want for christmas is a freezer and space for it 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Bob and I wish you all a merry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

WOW! I wake in the night ( had to close down earlier) and all these lovely posts! And to thinki I was going just to close down earlier... WOW.. Do I class as a Wherer?

Been a most unusual Christmas Eve... The visit by three of the family up the lane bearing gifts... And such gifts... So thoughtful... A bag of knitting yarn even! They know me! All wearing cabled hats! lol...Love seeing what I made being worn...

Enough lovely chocolates to keep any chocaholic in bliss for long whiles.....

I have been out here for several years and know now I BELONG ... Best Christmas gift there could be. It has been hard the last while and their kindness is fragrant oil on troubled waters... as is yours. Like an umbrella in the downpour. It does not stop the rain but it keeps you dry!

• Advertisement

What a lovely cat!

My three send their purrgreets back!

Been a wondrous Christmas Eve! Visitors laden with gifts...all most unexpected.. So much chocolate! And thoughtful gifts... Knitting yarn! NB the brothers all wearing knitted hats!

Cat has gone out to carol the neighbourhood!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Happy Christmas everyone, enjoy it take it easy, try not to stress too much. If you want a gin and tonic at 10am have it, saviour it and enjoy it. Now I’m off to bed, no doubt I’ll be woken by two very excited kids in around 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Sorting out 3 christmas sacks ....trying to be as quiet as a mouse but failing bad 😁😁😁.

Have a good one folks virtual dropped hands to anyone who wants one, have a great day tomorrow 🎅🎅🎅🎅

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Wishing you all a peaceful and bright Christmas with family, friends, animals or celebrating alone.

Remember it is just one day.

To those working, thank you for keeping the show going and hopefully you have time off soon.

Go to bed now, Santa is nearby 🎄

To thine own self be true

Plenty of rain here, santa will be aquaplaning

Just cannot imagine life with no freezer. Without a fridge yes but a freezer is essential in my life. Living in very remote places with very limited access to shops. especially in winter, eg offshore island.

Back snugged abed.. Busy early hours... all is ready for the day.. veg peeled and parboiled for roasting.. turkey dismembered... stuffing made.

It makes for a more enjoyable time later... Else by the time it is cooked, too exhausted to eat it!

Hard heavy rain... onwards with carols etc on youtube etc and knitting...

Just eaten a reindeer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Santa arrived at 4 o clock, they’ll be like lunatics with the tiredness later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

When I woke at an unmercifully hour I popped into my parents room to ask if Santa had arrived. My Dad would check the time and say no. He's running late.😁

In the leaba here. Once I crawl out of it I'll light the fire and switch on all the lights.

Advertisement