Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,846 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Someone players find the calmness as they mature & then some just don't

The thing with Nunez is he will probably still score 15 goals this season in the Prem ,a bit of an Andy Cole misses loads but still scores,

The worrying thing about last night was the 3 chances he missed the exact same way each getting further away further away target ,

He palys at 100 miles an hour which is great he just needs to really work on becoming clam & focused in the moment he shoots ,Off the top of my head Suarez , Henry , Alexis Sanchez all similar & manged to become lethal ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He has 5 goals and 2 assists having played 600 minutes in the Premier League, which is the exact same tally as Salah in his first season after 600 minutes.

I remember Mo being talked about as "misses a lot of chances, but gets even more" too, so it's not like it can't suddenly all come together for Darwin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭steve_r

It was pointed out last night ( think it was Rebel), that he is not arcing his runs properly to get the best angle for a shot. As above, the same run three times last night and the same outcome.

I do have sympathy for him, first season at a new club. The other thing to say is that our defence (and Fabinho) being crap puts a lot more unnecessary pressure on the likes of Nunez to take all of these chances. We gave up three cheap goals last night and scored two on the break, I’d blame Joe Gomez more for last night that Nunez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,941 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's not like Nunez is walking into a well oiled machine either he has joined a team that was wrecked from last season and is in the middle of an injury crisis and that also seems to be in turmil behind the scenes.

His goals and assist to minutes played for the club is actually pretty damn good all things considered.

However like alot of things around the club in general there are plenty of fans around the world who do not take in all things considered they just want the club to be Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I just want to see a healthy front 3 of Diaz-Nunez-Salah, they're all quick but Diaz is the one who's going to take it at the halfway line and burst down the wing, having Salah and Nunez to pull defenders on runs and take up positions in the box with Diaz' service will be lethal, that re-injury is the biggest loss of our season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Milner and Bobby out for a couple of games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'd like to cash in on Gomez.

Grand for 4th choice isn't cutting it for me anymore considering the amount of absolute brain-farts the guy has.

Reminds me of Donal Vaughan for Mayo. Great athlete - phenomenal athlete actually - but lacking in game intelligence at times.

However, Gomez is far more guilty of this than Vaughan ever was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I don't get the phenomenal athlete bit. He should be a powerhouse yet gets pushed about way too easily.

I see Klopp has laughed off the Bellingham transfer rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

For his own career he probably should be looking to leave. He's much better than 4th choice, but he really struggles coming in and performing immediately. We've seen long stretches of absolute (league winning) excellence from him, but he seems to need a decent run to get up to those levels of concentration, which really doesn't suit the role of backup CB.

It's a really tricky one, since he's also that very rare quantity of a club-grown player - 1 of only 3 we have (Kelleher and Trent being the other two). We're already losing one CL spot because of not having 4, and we'll likely lose another as soon as Kelleher goes out on loan or whatever. Joe's also the best backup to Trent at RB, at least until Ramsay hopefully settles in. If his wages aren't too high, he's a fella who is quite hard to let go of for all those reasons... a lot depends on how Jarell Quansah is being viewed behind the scenes. He fills all those criteria too, and I bloody love the kid, but he's not been pushed forward yet.

That can't be right can it?

If it is, didn't Mo score a record number of PL goals that season? Dangerous comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I was attributing Vaughan with being the phenomenal athlete, which he was.

Ah Joe's a terrific athlete in fairness, he's super fast and we've seen him physically dominate games for years and years now. Sure one of the most impressive things about him all the way back in 15/16 when he was our starting left back at 19 in his first season was his physical strength. He just seems to lose confidence in himself at times and lose the aggression to use it.

Mo scored 5 goals and had 2 assists in his first 10 league games for Liverpool.

Nunez scored 5 goals and has 2 assists in his 10 league games this season aqnd done it in less minutes on the pitch.

There has been plenty of times in Mo's time at Liverpool that he has missed complete sitters and other times he did not take the right option and pass to another attacker who was in a better position.

Yeah it's true alright. Nunez was actually around 50 minutes quicker to five league goals I think! I mean, for all the chaos, he's still scoring a league goal every game and a bit.

It just feels a bit different to Mo since Nunez has been so stop-start missing 7 league games (well, 6, but he only played a minute in one, after injury). Mo was obviously further developed in his all round game too.

Tbh I'm just not that worried about Nunez... he gets so many chances, and his game has been visibly improving even over a small sample size. He was settled and comfortable at Benfica, and smashed in 26 goals in 28 games, so he can obviously finish. The thing you normally worry about with a player coming up from an inferior league is if they can still get those chances against tougher defenders - well, he's more than proven that that's not a problem for him. So I think it's just a case of getting him a bit more relaxed with the league so he's more composed at the end of the move.

He has more decision making on his shoulders now too - you could see yesterday that after some errors not passing in previous games, he was really looking to pass this time. Found Mo for the first goal, and was searching for him again when he was clean through, instead of just driving right at goal. It's that balance of playing with better players, and knowing when to use them, that the coaches need to work on with him. He probably needs to just be selfish 80% of the time, but to learn which 20% he should be passing for.

I guess the joint statement from the clubs before the game didn't work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I remember that with suarez and other strikers, if they are good enough to keep getting the chances they usually settle in to scoring alot of goals when the confidence /form improves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I'll say this for Darwin. You rarely very watch a game and wonder where is he? He always seems to be involved in something. Whether it's good or bad. He's way quicker than I realised as well. That's a few times now we've seen him in a foot race with a defender and he's absolutely burned them every time. Not sure he's that quick off the mark but once he gets into his stride he eats up the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭steve_r

He must be a nightmare to defend against.

Big, strong, rapid and hasn’t a clue what he’s going to do next - the defender hasn’t a hope of figuring him out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I’ll say this on Darwin, and another poster a few weeks ago said very much the same thing, never have I seen a player have a game where they have world class moments but are an utter donkey at the same time!

All in all he has his faults but we’re a better team with him in it! Even his assist last night for Salah was a thing of understated beauty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The best way I could describe Darwin is like a lad that was born with an abundance of athletic ability and an innate gift for football, but he’s only just discovered the sport a few months ago.

When you watch him play with that idea in your head, you can’t really unsee it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting the chances and helping the team. He'll be a monster striker when he settles down a bit and gets the finishing. I can't get over how fast he is though for his size, runs full backs ragged in a foot race. Still think we won't see the best of him until he's playing through the middle.

One thing for sure is the whole footballing world knows the club needs three midfielders so the club is more than likely going to have to overpay for each player they end up signing.

Lot of rumours about an announcement of some kind tomorrow due to Klopps interview embargoed until tomorrow afternoon

This made me laugh more than it should have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

After the match, very little (as always) discussion/condemnation of the incessant anti-scouse songbook which some City fans engage in. Surely to f*ck songs like these only enflame tensions between fans? Wouldn't it make sense to look at eliminating this stuff? When Liverpool fans sang 'rent boy' stuff at the Chelsea player on loan at Norwich, the media were quick to, rightfully, call for an end to it. That was essentially a one-off, yet Feed the Scousers, Always the victims and other anti-scouse stuff gets a continual free pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Is it about possible transfers in January I wonder?

If it was anything important the foreign media would be talking about it the Premier League embargo doesn't count outside of the English media who go mad when it is broken by foregin reporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,308 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Most likely just the St Stephens Day game press conference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

Merry Christmas lads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nollaig Shona one and all !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Mo's Christmas tree post, in the face of pathetic abuse for doing it, is a great Christmas tradition 🙂

Merry Christmas fellow reds!

Well the Liverpool Echo Journo tweeted handshake so I’m guessing this is the embargo story

So either someone is signed or someone renewed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Milner signing a 5 Year extension it is........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

A blue tree? What the hell is he thinking! Yuck (on so many levels)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭facehugger99

lot of rumours that something big is brewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Would it be a deal re: outside investment in the club?

Edit: Merry Christmas to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

People really giving him abuse for that? Can only hope it's tongue in cheek, pretty sad otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Oh yeah, he gets loads of crap from hardcore Islamists who say celebrating Christmas is against their teachings. Don't get it at all, he's clearly just joining in the cultural celebration of where he lives. And, let's be honest, Christmas isn't religious for an awful lot of us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

In fairness to the club, the opportunity of a Bellingham pun will never be greater than on Christmas Day.

You could have Jingle Bellingham, I Heard we signed Bellingham on Christmas Day, Jude to the World, The Little Brummie Boy….so many options.

Nailed on to be a 1 year extension for Adrian.

• Advertisement

Christ there was me thinking it was a blue Vs red thing.

If anyone is wondering and waiting the embargo doesn't get lifted till 10:30pm tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

While in the Christian world we fall over ourselves trying to be open, inclusive and tolerant of other religions. So much so that there are those that remove Christ and say Xmas so as not to offend.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I don’t think that’s why people say Xmas... sure that’s been around yonks. I’ve some memory that X is just a shorthand for Christ in Latin or something so snuck in that way as a quick abbreviation.

Happy Christmas lads, Bellingham and Enzo announced at 10:30!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I know historically the X was there as a sign for King but in recent times with Americanisms it was the removal of Christ.

But religion is for another thread.

Hopefully I'll get the 3 points I asked for tomorrow! 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Breaking News from the Official LFC 2023 calendar that my young fella got....

Mane, Jones and Fabinho ousted for Nunez, Diaz and Carvalho.

Make of that what you will...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I reckon Bobby's signed an extension

Breaking news Klopp likes Bellingham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭antimatterx

That is bs. I wanted to chant Jingle Bellingham

• Advertisement
Advertisement