Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

Id3 1st update started this morning, should be interesting to see what happens, currently the radio is playing. Had the car charged to 80% and 2 bars before I got prompted to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

3 bars and 32% for me,well see later.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Should be fine. Had both parts installed on ID.3 1st earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

is everyone who is getting the update, a person that emailed this FB group ?

i.e is the update in the wild yet?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

FB only so far apart from a few exceptions in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Not on Facebook but I emailed id@volkswagen.de with subject I want OTA 3.0 last month

I sent my VIN in the email, from the same address used for my VW account.

Part 1 of 3.0 update installed. Does anyone know how to reset the s-pin?

3.0 installed successfully.

Vast improvement far slicker and better intergrated android auto/media way more stable

Seems less laggy

If the charging is fixed I'll be happy

• Advertisement

I want to charge to 100% last night so set that in the app.

It only charged to 80% so looks like new battery care feature ignores the charge level set in the app. My understanding was that it allows an override setting to 100% which reverts back to 80% but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Is “Battery care mode” on or off? It’s buried in the menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Comer1

Post edited by Comer1 on

It was on last night, but I've switched it off so I can check if that allows me to charge above 80 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Did a long trip today, Galway -DUB airport return. The phone app didnt sync so ended up leaving home at 91%, 28min at ionity in athlone, reached DUB at 84km, ecars for 45min, then Ionity again for 15min, reached home with 54km.

So I'm a family 204hp, honestly a little dissapointed, but the weather awful the whole trip lashing rain 5-9 C. I remember doing the same round trip in August, one ecars for 45min did the whole trip.

An ionity type set up at around Enfield would really help, the single ecars point is nice but kinda childs play in comparision, the 50kw I actually think is fine, one car at a time is not.

Just reporting in case its of interest to anyone. I'm sure I could have done its smarter but its what happened.

Back to 80% now reading 214km, more a reflection of the speed and conditions I imagine.

Post edited by jogdish on

It was the location profile for home which had I added when setting up battery care (in the new charging section). The max charge setting is at the very end of the profile and defaults to 80%. It enforces the max charge level, even when changed it in the app.

Hurrah ,the chage timers now work only took 3 years.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Mine is currently installing 3.0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

ID3 1st edition. Attempted to update 3.0 but failed miserably. Car completely dead. Contacted VW via app, says someone will call tomorrow but doubt they could be of much help. Garages I suppose will be closed for few days ?

But he did say they will offer me a replacement car, so that's something.

Yep both parts and shop apps no issues

normal service resumed,what 4 days later?

Car has forgotten charging locations and decided to tell me the function isn't available yet.

So much for ver 3.0

I'll disconnect the 12v later and see if a dose of amnesia will fix it.

Okay cool head prevailed,there's been another little mini update which turned off location sharing in my user a/C on the car.all is well in the world again,thing to bear in mind is to make sure the little globe icon in the top right has little arrow showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

No problem here with the 3.0 update.

2nd part done yesterday.

I'm liking the new feature with the ID light. Showing which lane to be in etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

My ID.4 is not happy after 3.0 part 1 downloaded, with the info screen rebooting every few minutes, the car is driving but wouldn't inspire you with too much confidence.

Am picking up a replacement car today (from Enterprise) paid for by VW, until I can get it seen to locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi. I also have a car from Enterprise (T-Roc). Also paid for by VW.

Not doing too bad, only stalled twice on four hour drive today.

Believe garages do not open till 3rd Jan. By time I get ID3 back will have re-mastered the gears

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

Yep, mine bricked also. Strangely it seems like it’s half installed- the screen has a new format, there’s new options when you sit in the car, it makes an annoying vw jingle when you get out. The clock on the screen shows 23:44- about 4 hrs after the update started.

The car was at 50% soc when I left it, I wonder if I should have charged it before installing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭fits

Eep. These reports are worrying. Hope you get sorted. I’ll hold off for the general rollout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

Also got a t-roc loaner.

I declined the excess cover on the rental. But should I have taken it and tried to get VW to cover it? Should they be covering the extra cash I’m going to have to spend on petrol? Also the inconvenience- I was to take 3 bikes to Sligo tomorrow on the carrier hitch but the t-roc doesn’t have one and so I can’t. Should I be pushing for some kind of sweetener?

anyone any experience in dealing with this kind of thing?

Advertisement