Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Greyfox

In the past After hours has sometimes been capable of threads with decent discussion.. its been a little while since the last one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Well that post is the biggest load of bollix I've read in a long time on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It is. I was on dating sites years ago and would be sending a message to all new members. And not once did any girl send me a message. Many wouldn't even write back and when I did get a bite and sometimes they would agree to meet up they said they were inundated with messages and was hard to keep track of who was who. So unless you were hot or had a good job good luck trying to get someone half way decent.

I remember another time this was when I was in college as a mature student and had what I was studying for as my job description and when she asked about it I said I was in college and she just stopped all contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Why do you send a lol? you are still on the dating sites as well, same as they are. 🤔

• It’s really ironic, when it comes down to it men & women alike are complaining about almost the same negative experiences on dating sites. We’re all just humans, most of us love tactile company, most of us love intimacy with a suitable person; and even more equal in motivation where women are post menopause and the bearing children question doesn’t come into the equation.

We all have feelings & emotions the nature of which are not attributes of any sex, we’re all capable of loving and unintentionally hurting others. The dating sites are commercially motivated pieces of social engineering designed to get repeat business, and we are all the pawns. Yes there are variants among people, some lovely & thoughtful and some totally self-centred as you encounter in any walk of life. But we must bear in mind that the sites want us back looking for more, paying the subscriptions/looking at ads to keep the business thriving. We are all the pawns on the chessboard of dating sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Im still wondering what was in the safe yer man found !!

Cracking thread in all fairness. I like ah fun threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭redmenace1

A very good summary there. We might be pawns but if it works for folks that's OK too.

Maybe we are all just bit part players anyway and Online Dating is just a modern example of our inconsequential place in society

Ok time for a drink & mince pie

• Advertisement

Really, god I’m on Boards a long time ! I too had a floor safe in the house I lived in. But I could have just asked the landlord !!

I'd like to be a father but it's impossible to find an Irishwoman who is not glued to her mammy/family/friends and basically using the guy as a sperm donor and cash cow. They're on all these dating sites in their 30s and 40s declaring how "family and friends are so important to me" - eh, and could this be why you're still on a dating site? Eh, em? Er? Just what are you giving the guy? Oh, and then the other ones with the pets! All the protective walls they build up emotionally, and they wonder why no guy will go for them. What are they giving him other than emotional walls from the get-go? And what are they getting? The family home.

Only recently I came across a single guy who simply paid the €30,000 for a surrogate mother and got complete control of his own child. It is significantly cheaper (and quicker!) than getting a divorce in Ireland. I'm not being facetious in the slightest. Do the sums. You'l also be a better Dad because you'll be free from an abusive partner who is like the cat that got the cream because she knows that by virtue of her gender she'll destroy the father in Ireland's highly secretive family courts.

Now, if backward pseudoliberal Ireland could only legalise prostitution, it would end a lot of this backward puritanical nonsense which makes otherwise sane men fall for all this romantic nonsense and marry. Marriage is a serious legal contract where a man faces a very real risk of being made homeless/sent to bedsit land and the poverty of eternal renting because his name remains, by court order, on the mortgage for the family home. And the winners are overwhelmingly women, who keep control of the children and the family home. Marriage is not a day out. Any sign of the advertising watchdog coming down on that conjob that romantices the wedding industry on RTÉ and all the rest? Stay single, men, and under no circumstances allow yourself to be in a legal situation where you will lose your home because your wife decides she wants out of the marriage. Don't be so certain that this sort of consequence of marriage only happens to "other men". The "other men" of today were once obviously as confident as you.

By all means use these dating sites to date good women. Just be aware that if you have children, Irish law does not have a concept of 50:50 shared parenting - unlike say the law in Spain and other progressive countries - and for outmoded cultural reasons the judges in Ireland will favour the woman even if she is a full-time worker outside the home. Lose the kids, and lose your home. Your "good woman" will be quickly advised to play the system and engage in the usual "poor me" victimhood. A paltry 15% of marriages in Ireland currently end in divorce. In less anti-men family law systems like Portugal, the divorce rate is over 91%. The Irish legal system and judiciary is very much set up to reward mothers/punish fathers: https://www.statista.com/statistics/612207/divorce-rates-in-european-countries-per-100-marriages/

"I was always a good housekeeper. I was married seven times and each time I always kept the house". Zsa Zsa Gabor.

• In the name of the lord, why don’t some of us post screenshots here of the bio’s of some of the more hilarious examples and tag #male #female, with description of profile pics (eg with former spouse, dog only, etc); being careful, of course, not to reveal identity. I think we’d see there’s a fair crosscut of sexes of the “undateables”.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Just saw one now that said if you only want a ONS then keep scrolling. whats her problem? 🤔

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

No that couldn’t have been 10 years ago. No. You’re wrong

I just joined bumble since people on here mentioned it. Anyway being shown all young girls and I was like why is that. Turns out they have me as a 20 year old and I'm actually far older than that. I wonder where I went wrong as I do not remember ever entering an age.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

They determined your age by analysing your posts on Boards. 😀

Not your ornery onager

My experience: 20M, alright looking, well spoken.

I use/have used many dating apps. Right now, only Bumble. Even then I rarely go on it. Get a few matches and conversations alright, but it's mindless swiping bollocks.

Going to make a broad generalization here, so bear with me. Irish women, in my experience, their expectations, are wayyyyyyyyyyyy the **** up in the sky. I'm 20 years old, I still live in the family home, I don't make brain surgeon money, in fact I'm on a DA right now, I don't drive, and have certain mental issues. So, not exactly a winner. I'm self aware enough to know that. These are the cards that have been dealt. However, with both short and long term relationships, all of those things above have only really caused me trouble with Irish women. But, to get even more specific, young Irish women in particular. Don't know how old you are OP, but just thought I'd mention that part specifically.

To be perfectly honest, a long term relationship is what I want more than anything. However, given my...situation, casual hookup stuff is far easier to get because there's no real reason to give a **** about me. It's not long term. And every time the opportunity presents itself, I take it. Don't really like it, but I take it, because **** me, I'm lonely. Older Irish women seem to be into that in my experience. Not knocking what they're after by any stretch, but it's just been far more prevalent amongst older women in my time on the apps.

The reason for using Bumble at the moment is simply the filters. I filter out women that have kids or want to have kids. Kids make my skin crawl, and my father's DNA doesn't make for good genetic material either. I had a vasectomy for those reasons in late October. So there's the everyday stuff that doesn't necessarily work in my favor when it comes to dating. But the snip, and no kids in my future (not that I want them) has severed off another massive part of the dating world for me.

Apologies for the ranty essay.

Merry Christmas all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Loads of women are sick of men who are just looking for sex

Where did you get a vasectomy at such a young age?

Not your ornery onager

I was just about to post why get one at such a young age. That was a madness decision by you to make while so young.

https://vasectomyireland.ie/

Can't recommend Dr. McCormick enough. Careful counselling beforehand, and ultimately lets you make the choices that you want to make with your body. Everywhere else I called within the country gave me a straight up no, or in the case of one place in Bray, laughed at me on the phone. Bastards. Dr. McCormick saved me a trip abroad.

Do chicks actually believe you when you tell them when you hook up. If I was the female I would never believe the guy if he told he got one done especially when he is only 20 years old.

Well, couple things of note there. I have the invoice in my wallet because I see a lot of doctors and they rarely believe I've had it done. I have the tiny little scar on the sac. Aside from that, It's not really a talking point with hookups anyway because I'd still be err arming the soldier because of the STD risk.

Also, I can't actually consider myself sterile until 12 weeks after the op, and a sample is tested. In my case that's around the 2nd/3rd week of January.

You still wearing those jimmy hats like I said? No, that's my boy they take away all the feeling.

Unless you had a definite diagnosis of something (e.g. genetic carrier) that made you an acceptable candidate, I personally would have ethical questions.

Sorry for going OT, not asking for a reply.

Not your ornery onager

I know they're shite. But look, it is what it is. I use Skyn Elite. They're the best I've tried. Handy if yourself or the lady have a latex allergy too. I don't, but whatever.

• Advertisement

OT?

When I say my father's DNA doesn't make for good genetic material, I mean that they all seem to get some form of cancer, tumor, etc. Plus, they're mingers.

Advertisement