Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knife Murders - London

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Why are the police picking on motorists for drink driving and speed checkpoints?

Why is it the male population who are suspected when a woman is sexually assaulted?

Why are black males suspected when another black male is targeted in a black neighbourhood known for black on black crime?

Thankfully the processes in place to keep idiots like you out of decision making positions has worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

thankfully it hasn't worked hence stop and search was removed due to it's abuse by a police force which has been found in countless reports to be isms and ists and institutionally so.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Do you ever tire of being wrong all time? It must be very demoralizing for you to see yourself having to be continuously corrected all the time. You should reflect how you spend your spare time more wisely. Stop and Search is not removed and very much in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

That clown thinks that Terrorism is "Part and parcel of living in a big city".

Its no wonder crime in London is out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

no he doesn't, the actual comment he made was deliberately twisted out of all context by those who have a problem with him because he is brown and muslim.

crime in london like the rest of the UK is high because the far right dregs running the country have continued the same policies of eradication of public services as the previous con artists running the country since 2010 meaning there aren't enough police to do the job.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People from Black or minority ethnic background make up 34% of those held on remand, latest figures for England and Wales show..

Data from the Ministry of Justice for England and Wales also shows that the proportion of black, Asian and minority ethnic people held on remand has risen since the beginning of the pandemic in late 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

is crime in London out of control? never noticed it myself, very safe place to live

The last time I was in London I actually got hit by a car when I was walking over a pedestrian crossing and the car didn't even stop.

When the car hit me if I hadn't of managed to jump out of the way the car would of ran me straight over.

Even after it hit me the car continued to accelerate.

I never had anything like that happen to me Dublin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

His approach is that being black should not automatically make you a suspect.

Police do not need powers to search beyond those that rely on legitimate suspicion. "random" stop and searches do not help anyone - all they accomplish is undermining whatever faith in police remains among minority communities.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The world according to Monk:

O Connell street is a joy, Coolock is a grand, London not a bother, downtown Mogadishu, lovely place, probably.

He's what is known as an unreliable narrator.

I see the lads are now blaming the Tories for the stabbiness of a certain section of the populace in London. Are there any European majority population countries where African men didnt jump to the top of the crime hit parade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Stop and Search saved lives, especially black lives, especially in working class areas.

Not really a concern for 'white suburban progressives".

They'll continue their activism against stop and Search, it's others shouldering the coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Quitelife

My two uncles used live off Totenham high road in London in the 70/80/90s . I often stayed with them , it was a very friendly part of London, often had a few pints on the high street with Irish, English & West Indian and rambled home after never a bother. Both of them passed away in early noughties

Went over about 7/8 years ago and it had changed dramtically with most of the old school English & Irish gone and a very diverse demographic with a lot of Somalians in particulr. The old Irish boozers were gone and we were warned not to venture off the High Road or go out after dark, The few people we knew still living there lock themselves in their homes from Dusk to Dawn . Didnt enjoy it.

Was in London 2 months ago and got a bus to Tottenham High Road, it was horrific compared to what i recall , you darent loook sideways duriung the day with Hooded youths on most corners selling drugs with any normal people i saw scurrying about their business and this was in Daylight. Schoolchildren carrying knifes to school is normal for their own protection. The only day the High Road might be safer is when 3/400 police police it from top to bottom on Spurs Home match days to ensure no supporters are attacked/mugged on route to the game other than those days its a very dangerous place to live & Edmonton next door is as bad.

I don't agree with stop and search because you end of stopping completely innocent people.

Years ago when I was a teenager I got stopped by the Gardai for the crime of wearing a tracksuit and being out late.

I had no connection to crime whatsoever but Gardai who stopped me thought I was out robbing houses.

They searched me and then threw me into the squad care without even telling me what was going on.

I remember thinking that if I'm going to be treated like that by the cops for doing literally nothing I might as well be a criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Most people that appear in court on serious Assualt charges like your man below in Cork Yesterday wear Tracksuits or scumm that break into elderly peoples houses always seem to be wearing tracksuits .Tracksuits are for lounging round the house or doing some sport not walking the streets late at night.

If you want to look like scumm expect some downsides .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Ah yeh ricardo, the worst of both worlds I think anyone would grow up fairly enraged with a head like that on their shoulders. But what can you do; the freedom to be if that’s what we wanna give rise to then shoot ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭mikethecop

I can see why people dont like Stop and search as it doents just effect criminals, then again speed limits effect every one but really only hurt those who break them .

stop and search works and thats the same thing id point out to people who say they are racist laws ,

have a look at any of the social media accounts that show young lads getting caught with zombie blades or whatever they carry to pump up their reps

Advertisement