Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forever Young Festival 2023 14th-16th July

Options
  • 16-12-2022 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Forever Young have begun their traditional advent calender type reveal of next years artists for those of us who like a bit of 80s retro.

Acts so far:

Midge Ure

Cry Before Dawn

Billy Ocean

China Crisis

Tom Bailey (Thompson Twins)

Tony Hadley (Spandau Ballet)

Blancmange

ABC

John Parr

Go West

Cutting Crew

and...ahem...Jason Donovon.

Was a great weekend this year, the weather helped and the beer.

Happy so far with the lineup.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Added:

Bananarama

Neville Staples

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ironic that Neville is announced just as we hear about Terry Hall. Very sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 esicorty

Hopefully they'll get the bar's sorted this year as last event was a shambles, queuing for 40mins for a can was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

We are thinking of buying a day ticket for the Saturday as we don't live too far from the festival site, anyone know when they might release the day by day line up?

Assume it will be in the weeks leading up to the festival, I am sure it will be good craic either way

• Advertisement

I think it is coming out in the next week or two

More additions:

Andy Bell (Erasure)

Modern Romance

Soul II Soul

Hothouse Flowers

Jerry Fish

From The Jam

Slim Jim Phantom (Stray Cats)

They also have a supergroup of electronica appearing called British Electronic Foundation featuring guest artists:

Glen Gregory (Heaven 17)

Robin Scott (M)

Peter Coyle (Lotus Eaters)

Peter Hooton (The Farm)

Claudia Brucken (Propaganda)

Jaki Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 4 guitard

Anyone know who the Friday headliner act is at the Forever Young Festival 2023 14th-16th July

Anyone know who the Friday headliner act is, at the Forever Young Festival, July 2023?

I think they are announcing it this weekend but as far as I can see no word yet.

🤔Also any tips for someone brining their campervan?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Not announced yet no. Deacon Blue would be a good shout though.

Squeeze announced for Friday headline

• Advertisement

Full Lineup for Main Stage released

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

You can sing that alright and warm cans to boot

You can't beat a warm can of Coors at 7 quid a pop.

Lads what's all this nonsense? Were there no proper bars there?? Was there no draught beer of any description??

No. Last year drink was sold in cans. They were getting them in by the pallet. As soon as the were put into the open fridge they were cleared out so than they were giving ice to people and then ran out of that.

Ah here. I was thinking of nipping over one of the days but to hell with that. Can you bring anything in yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Nope.

Food and Alcohol is NOT ALLOWED into the festival arena. You may bring food and drink into the campsite, but NO GLASS or SINGLE USE PLASTICS are allowed. 

No yours searched going into the concert area. They were even pulling deck chairs out of their sleeves last year checking for drink.

Maybe it might be different this year though.

What a disappointment. When it comes to a day out like that, surely some sort of a cool beverage is a basic human right. Like air. I'm not talking a carefully curated selection of craft ales, just a **** pint of Rockshore or similar from a tap. With that in mind, George, I'm out.

While I thought 7 quid a can was very steep last year it was the fact they were warm that was the killer. In saying that on the Sunday it was around 30 degrees out.

If I remember right last year they had a couple of 40ft trailers there but didn't have the fridges running which I understand as they are quite loud when ran on the diesel motor. Maybe park them further away this year so the noise doesn't interfere with the music......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Anyone any tip or tricks for this one? First time going and going as a day pass on Saturday. So - I can bring camping chairs, does this mean I can go in with a backpack? I can see the advice above about bad bar queues - what are the toilet queues like? My bigger worry haha! I know food and drink wont be allowed on site.

Getting the bus in and out of naas and staying there for the night.

Think you can bring a back pack in but it will be searched for drink. Toilets were grand last year.

Current 10 day weather outlook doesn't look well though 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Thanks - dont worry they can barely predict weather coming an hour ahead never mind 10 days - plenty of time for rain dances

• Registered Users Posts: 7 marig

Looks like it's lashing for the weekend🤬 mudfest for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

What’s the story with the busses they’re providing for the days. looks like only 2 bus times there and back. Ridiculous.

Won’t be able to make early busses so it looks like i may have to drive. Is there any other bus option other than the one they’re providing.

Also the Gardai wont allow you in on foot? WTF

Am coming from Sth Dublin. is the train an option - how far is the train station Sallins Naas from the venue?

Post edited by FLOOPER on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Meant to be heading down on Sunday - I think I went on the Saturday last year it was amazing - but that weather out there this morning is definitely gonna dampen the mood - it's very glitzy and kitsch 80s and needs the sun! Will play this one by ear - don't fancy getting soaked down there and there's no tents, both stages open air.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Are you able to access car park for day holders for change of clothes, maybe enjoy a beer.

Decided to drive and collect car next day but have to pay for the weekend car parking instead of day costing 18.

it’s all beginning to add up.

Anyone's who's due to head down tomorrow bring wellys or good boots it's a bit muckey down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

How you all doing today? Has it not been raining for any stretch since yesterday evening?

• Advertisement

Raining since early this morning and still no let up in it.

Organisation seems to be messy this year as people inc myself where getting sent the wrong way on arrival, there's no toilets in the regular camping area though the organisers have stated that will be in place as soon as possible due to weather issues.

Here's a statement from last night.

We really apologise for the problems.

There’s been a huge amount of issues created by the weather. We’re really sorry, we are putting it right. 

There were some issues with people being sent the wrong way but this has now been sorted. Toilets had to be moved because they got flooded out they will be reinstated in standard camping as soon as possible. We are really sorry, we are trying our best to keep the event going during such dire weather conditions. 

It very nearly got cancelled, but we are doing everything possible to bring you this great weekend but it’s with huge challenges all round so please bear with us when you get here. 

Thank you so much for your patience.

Love from Sharon. Xxx☔️💜

Advertisement