Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

anyone speaking out of turn is getting dealt with?

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 18,477 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

100% : loyalty is expected to the state and the motherland, your fellow citizens are irrelevant.

Classic authoritarian dictatorship stuff. You're a mere cog in the wheel, all that matters is the survival of the state. More at the Nazi Germany 1933-39 / North Korea end of the scale and far from 'western' values. It's not really a 'community' or a 'society' at all - hence the TV propaganda from Solovyov and chums sounding so downright weird and crazy to our ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

The fact you are double guessing yourself about plain evidence of Russian brutality means you've consumed their propaganda. Don't worry it's perfectly Human but you should try reading some things to understand how it works on our minds. This is a good article to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭jmreire

Its a throwback to the communist times as well, when good communist citizens were not only allowed to spy on each other, but were actively encouraged to do so, and report any infringement's of the law. ( any anti-communist talk) I always remember a Russian colleague at the annual party, where he had drank too much, begging me not to report him. We had a few drinks together to convince him that I was not going to report him. Or the Babushka's in the hotel corridors sitting down at their little desks on each landing noting who came and went, and the time. Or the individual dressed in ordinary clothes who would appear in any restaurant you were in and randomly select a few customers and ask them for their documents. And woe betide you if you did not have them. At no time did I ever see any of these "Gentlemen" show any identification or even announce themselves. Neither did anyone raise any question's. It was ( and still is) something instilled from babyhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭zv2

Maybe they want to get their hands on their bank accounts? At least as far as the Gasprom people are concerned. Others might be Ukrainian jobs.

Post edited by zv2 on

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭munsterfan2

Reminds me of the end trailers from Cry Freedom

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think the common denominator must be Windows and the Blue Screen Of Death.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,477 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Another thing I've noticed from the 1420 videos is that nobody ever comments on the Russian or Ukrainian casualties - which is quite extraordinary. To them, the war is an abstract event and your position is whether you support it, are against it or are 'neutral' on it. The lack of empathy for the people being killed and injured (even their own fellow Russian citizens) is something else. Definite indications of a brutalised, downtrodden society where the lives of individuals are virtually worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,411 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

The GRU found a list.🤣

Which face it is not beyond science fiction in Russia.

Especially so with a regime obsessed with history and repeating the past in the present with zero regard for modern values. Killing off the modernists....AGAIN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,782 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Look at all the most successful Communist countries, Russia, Cuba ,China, Vietnam.

All ancient imperial powers, where imperial authority was ancient, brutal and built in to the very core of the culture, in several cases for millennia and near a 1000 years in Russia.

It explains why communism never took a hold in Western Europe.

While I accept Russia today is not strictly Communist it and Putin are still in that mindset and formed by it, act in a similar manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Russian Army Shelled The Maternity Ward Of The Hospital In Kherson

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Cuba isn't ancient. Not imperial, instead just another ex slave colony. Not very successful and Communist only since the 1960's.

I can't recall the exact saying, but there is/was a soviet/russian saying relating to the military which went along the lines "beat our own to frighten theirs". There's nothing surprising in the video, nor that it was published publicly imo. There's a long history of brutality within their military, never mind what they do to the poor innocents they meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I just saw somewhere the the Azov battalion ( or a part of it ) are being deployed to Bahkmut ,

Could they be sent there to draw in the Russians , keep them supplying that front ,

Instead of Russia using it as a meat grinder, the Ukrainians are grinding down the Russians , or at the least using the region as a distraction..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

As the year closes the people controlling Russia are showing no signs of giving up. They're doubling down. They obviously believe they can hold the current lines but that's only possible ATM because they're throwing waves of soldiers at them.

They can't do that forever and when the weather improves Ukraine will surely go on the attack again. Their position for negotiations won't look too good then and their financial prospects will look grim compared to a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I appreciate your post but that photo look like is is a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,905 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

So Lavrov stated that Ukraine must demilitarise or else Russia will do it.

"So resisting our invasion or else we'll invade you"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭Jeff2

In my opinion a link to jpost is like a link to RT TV. I won't click on it. They as bad as each other.

• Advertisement

That Engels air strike was big for Ukraine. Knocked out a few very important bomber's and the control centre too. Forced Russiasl to relocate most of the remaining planes to Siberia.

This will directly effect Russia's ability to launch cruise missiles at Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

No way of verifying what damage or casualties but its a second strike points to the dysfunction in their armed forces seen elsewhere

Take out putin lavrov Medvedev prigozhin kadyrov all evil sadistic badmen problem is Russians would be left like headless chickens

Why the west appeasement of these people was allowed secret services must have been severely frustrated.

Once again the biweekly nuke threat has come in to intimidate the west this time from lavrov

US has quietly upgraded its b61-12 gravity nukes in europe this month that's called walking the talk

Post edited by dennis72 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Field east

And on predictions on his motherland . Just another typical example of how Russians operate its propaganda strategy. Get a discussion going on anything that weakens the west, it’s allies and anyone else in opposition to Russia’s behaviour. If it gets legs and sticks , we’ll and good. And if it does not then it moves onto something else. It does not matter what prediction/point/ statement is made as long as it creates confusion, division ,debate, falsehoods, disturbance, , etc,etc,etc,etc then Ru has achieved its objectives

• Registered Users Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Doesn't inspire confidence in the Indian police...

A Russian tycoon, Patel Antov, has died in a fall from an Indian hotel window. Last Friday another member of his group died at the hotel, apparently of a heart attack. Recently Mr Antov criticised Putin’s war in Ukraine. The Indian police say there are no suspicious circumstances

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Snipped to suit an agenda ................

The original pic ...........................

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 17,905 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Someone on Twitter was either too lazy to find a picture of a distraught Ukrainian child online, or they were sent it by someone else and didn't fact check it. People post pictures and content without fact-checking it all the time, for example this happens daily here on Boards.

Thats it ? But shes not really a 'someone' .....

A 'mistake' by Lesia Vasylenko ? A Ukrainian lawyer and a People's Deputy of Ukraine in the 9th Ukrainian Verkhovna Rada. 

Really ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What point are you trying to make here exactly? Are you suggesting that no children have been killed or injured in this?

The point is ...

A ukrainian lawyer and member of parliment using a pic from a book and labelling it as a "Marc , 8 yo, just survived a russia military attack"

Its complete misinformation and lies.

But its ok , cos shes Ukrainian, cos its the russians that are bad ??

My comment is about her tweet, and the misinformation in it....

• Advertisement

Report's that Ukraine have made more slight gains on the kremina/Svatove axis taking a small town along the highway in between them effectively cutting off that supply route.

I believe this is the only area where Ukraine is currently on the attack everywhere else defense mode. Not bad considering the muddy conditions and the constant waves of Russians on the attack.

I think if Ukraine take Svatove to kremina that would be progress enough over the next few months and it would probably lead to them retaking Lysychansk and the remainder of occupied Kharkiv to the north.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement