Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Russian Army Shelled The Maternity Ward Of The Hospital In Kherson

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Cuba isn't ancient. Not imperial, instead just another ex slave colony. Not very successful and Communist only since the 1960's.

I can't recall the exact saying, but there is/was a soviet/russian saying relating to the military which went along the lines "beat our own to frighten theirs". There's nothing surprising in the video, nor that it was published publicly imo. There's a long history of brutality within their military, never mind what they do to the poor innocents they meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I just saw somewhere the the Azov battalion ( or a part of it ) are being deployed to Bahkmut ,

Could they be sent there to draw in the Russians , keep them supplying that front ,

Instead of Russia using it as a meat grinder, the Ukrainians are grinding down the Russians , or at the least using the region as a distraction..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

As the year closes the people controlling Russia are showing no signs of giving up. They're doubling down. They obviously believe they can hold the current lines but that's only possible ATM because they're throwing waves of soldiers at them.

They can't do that forever and when the weather improves Ukraine will surely go on the attack again. Their position for negotiations won't look too good then and their financial prospects will look grim compared to a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I appreciate your post but that photo look like is is a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

So Lavrov stated that Ukraine must demilitarise or else Russia will do it.

"So resisting our invasion or else we'll invade you"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭Jeff2

In my opinion a link to jpost is like a link to RT TV. I won't click on it. They as bad as each other.

That Engels air strike was big for Ukraine. Knocked out a few very important bomber's and the control centre too. Forced Russiasl to relocate most of the remaining planes to Siberia.

This will directly effect Russia's ability to launch cruise missiles at Ukraine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

No way of verifying what damage or casualties but its a second strike points to the dysfunction in their armed forces seen elsewhere

Take out putin lavrov Medvedev prigozhin kadyrov all evil sadistic badmen problem is Russians would be left like headless chickens

Why the west appeasement of these people was allowed secret services must have been severely frustrated.

Once again the biweekly nuke threat has come in to intimidate the west this time from lavrov

US has quietly upgraded its b61-12 gravity nukes in europe this month that's called walking the talk

Post edited by dennis72 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭Field east

And on predictions on his motherland . Just another typical example of how Russians operate its propaganda strategy. Get a discussion going on anything that weakens the west, it’s allies and anyone else in opposition to Russia’s behaviour. If it gets legs and sticks , we’ll and good. And if it does not then it moves onto something else. It does not matter what prediction/point/ statement is made as long as it creates confusion, division ,debate, falsehoods, disturbance, , etc,etc,etc,etc then Ru has achieved its objectives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,319 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Doesn't inspire confidence in the Indian police...

A Russian tycoon, Patel Antov, has died in a fall from an Indian hotel window. Last Friday another member of his group died at the hotel, apparently of a heart attack. Recently Mr Antov criticised Putin’s war in Ukraine. The Indian police say there are no suspicious circumstances

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Snipped to suit an agenda ................

The original pic ...........................

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Someone on Twitter was either too lazy to find a picture of a distraught Ukrainian child online, or they were sent it by someone else and didn't fact check it. People post pictures and content without fact-checking it all the time, for example this happens daily here on Boards.

Thats it ? But shes not really a 'someone' .....

A 'mistake' by Lesia Vasylenko ? A Ukrainian lawyer and a People's Deputy of Ukraine in the 9th Ukrainian Verkhovna Rada. 

Really ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What point are you trying to make here exactly? Are you suggesting that no children have been killed or injured in this?

The point is ...

A ukrainian lawyer and member of parliment using a pic from a book and labelling it as a "Marc , 8 yo, just survived a russia military attack"

Its complete misinformation and lies.

But its ok , cos shes Ukrainian, cos its the russians that are bad ??

My comment is about her tweet, and the misinformation in it....

Report's that Ukraine have made more slight gains on the kremina/Svatove axis taking a small town along the highway in between them effectively cutting off that supply route.

I believe this is the only area where Ukraine is currently on the attack everywhere else defense mode. Not bad considering the muddy conditions and the constant waves of Russians on the attack.

I think if Ukraine take Svatove to kremina that would be progress enough over the next few months and it would probably lead to them retaking Lysychansk and the remainder of occupied Kharkiv to the north.

We’re all aware that 1000s of Ukrainian children have been murdered by Russia since this began. She used a photo from Google images instead of a photo of an actual Ukrainian child. Maybe shouldn’t get consent to use a real photo, or maybe she didn’t want to. I still don’t see the point you’re trying to make here. Like I said, it’s a fact that thousands of Ukrainian children have died in this conflict, this is what she’s trying to draw attention to.

Why do you feel the need to fight Russia’s corner here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

So there was no Marc or no Russian military attack? Or just an incorrect picture?

To answer your question, yes it is the Russians that are bad, they are the ones murdering and raping Ukrainian women and children. But focus your anger on that tweet for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭junkyarddog

Translated Russian soldiers Telegram post.

Looks like @greenspurs has vanished! What a surprise. I suppose I shouldn’t expect someone who supports the mass murder of children to have any sort of a backbone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭gw80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭storker

It's true that children have been killed in Ukraine. It's strue that children have been maimed and injured in Ukraine. It;a also true that children must have had narrow escapes in Ukraine. The only problem that the picture isn't of one of them, but if you took a photo of one of them it would probably look very much like that. The point is substantively true but the sample detail is incorrect. This is bad form or a silly mistake on the part of the reporter, but otherwise doesn't amount to a fart in a high wind when in comes to the reality of what's happening in Ukraine.

Regarding the reporters "agenda", what's your problem with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,037 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

You're always going to get misinformation and fake news in war, either unwittingly or because someone has invented something. But the Russian regime has committed so many war crimes and killed so many Ukrainian civilians this year, that inventing anything about them would hardly be necessary. I've seen seen very conservative estimates that they have killed 20-30,000 civilians this year, but many suspect the real numbers are much higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Cordell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I don't think people realise the damage that this false propaganda does to Ukraine.

I am on a lot of the popular Russian Telegram channels and this sort of thing is like catnip to them. What's worse is that there are pro-Russians sources out there who will promote this as evidence that Ukraine lies just as much as Russia does. I guarantee that there are people out there who read about this fake and will think "fcuk it, both sides are just as bad as the other, I am tuning out of this war for now on".

I havent...

Wow... WHAT A LEAP .....

Where did i say that ?

Typical response from someone triggered....

My opinion on the 'war' is my opinion... I posted a tweet that a Ukrainian lawyer and M of P posted a misleading tweet , saying that the boy in the pic (mare 8yo) was just after surviving a russian attack.

Its a complete lie, thats my point. Whether there was an attack or not ?? But its a complete lie to say the boy pictured survived that attack....... The picture is from 2013 ...

So, try bend that what ever way you want .........................

But ....But.....But......But......... ad infinitum ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

A 17 year old schoolgirl was fined 30 thousand rubles by a court yesterday in Russia for discrediting the Russian Armed Forces.

She used the <...> which is illegal to use against the Russian Forces on posters she stuck up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement