Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Oh right, so they weren't concerned.

I don't see how that anecdote is relevant TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

But it's the same as what Meghan and Harry said, it's just they made it out to be something it's not.

I mean yes it should because racism is not something that should be tolerated

Sure using public money to silence a rape victim shouldn't be tolerated.

But the Royal Family eh? Never Explain!!! 🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

They are two different situations and they should be handled separately. And is there any evidence that the money used was not the queen personal Wealth which was substantial in its own right ?

the queen personal Wealth

She earned that fixing cars at the weekend did she? 🤣

Although TBF more palatable than the reality that they profiteered from the slave trade and colonialism. 😕

They are two different situations

No they aren't in the context of your claim of what is tolerable.

It would appear to me there is no ceiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭randd1

I watched about half an hour of the documentary when herself put it on out of boredom one evening. If I was to sum the whole thing up it would be;

A pair of insufferable and entitled pains in the ar*e who decided to have a private life of their own determination, complaining about getting away from a incredibly entitled, obscenely wealthy and dysfunctional family, a family which has collectively sold most aspects of their lives from birth to death to the scumbag element of the British tabloids who want to run every aspect of the lives of the royals for a handsome profit for their owners.

Or more crudely, it's like two Geordie Shore cast members who've left the show talking shite about why they left, but with posher accents, castles instead of housing estates, and fake smiles instead of fake t*ts and fake tan.

And yet, the two of them still look like they're the sane ones for wanting out of what I could only describe as a completely deranged public existence.

It's just mad, Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well I would never compare the issues I have with Harry and Meghan and their claims with the extremely serious accusations against prince Andrew.

the queen had money from land she owned.

And btw I never said that the allegations against prince Andrew should be tolerated. Please don’t imply things I said that I didn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Stanley 1

Personally I think Andrew should have faced the Judgment of the Court and not allowed to hide behind his mother's skirt/wealth.

It was a very serious matter and the Police should have been involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

For me what made them discussing how dark Archie would be just a bit more sinister was the comment of "what that might look (for the family) and what that might mean", don't tell me other families have those concerns or discussions when expecting a biracial child.

But that's what she said.. She has been known to tell fibs on occasion. And Harry seems to be like that too now, or maybe he was always a bit difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Most of the H&M saga is 'he said, she said', I think the claim would hold less weight if Harry didn't back her up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Harry does seem like he has a very weak personality. This while affair has a long list of unlikeable characters/ institutions like H&M, the RF, the british tabloids, Piera Morgan and now Clarkson. Like looking for a good person in the tv soap Dallas.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You're so stuck in the past. It's 2022......slave trading and colonialism....big deal. This is what HUMANS did back then. Today and recently is a whole different world.

Or otherwise known as 'clutching at straws'.😉

And btw I never said that the allegations against prince Andrew should be tolerated. Please don’t imply things I said that I didn’t.

I never claimed you did.

You said racism should not be tolerated, The RF are unaccountable and have shown just this year they will tolerate child rape. I doubt racism is going to knock a stir out of them.

I shudder to think what crime this insidious family would hold their hands up to.

In the context of how they acquired their wealth it's extremely pertinent.

Are these people stuck in the past, is it not really a big deal to them?

It’s not at all pertinent to the RF today, as they cannot change the past. They, like us live in the present. You’re just so anti RF/Britain that you bring up past human activity to try attach it to how humans live and behave and react today. It’s beyond stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Child rape by whom. Saw nothing in court about this.

It’s not at all pertinent to the RF today

Of course it is, you clearly didn't read the article I posted.

as they cannot change the past

They can certainly apologise for it and maybe liquidise that wealth that was earned off misery and start paying some of it back.

I wouldn't hold my breath though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

He didn't back her up though. He completely contradicted what she had said and in the he said/she said angle it means that if they couldn't even agree between themselves about the specifics beforehand then it's reasonable to think they are spoofing about the big bombshell from that interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Coming from the guy that’s so pro British and pro royal family that he wanted Ireland to have a day of national mourning for the queen lol.

It’s beyond stupid not to recognise that the current grandeur that the royals live in today is because of atrocities committed. Pillaging, raping, enslaving, murdering, torturing, stealing you name it. That built their wealth and properties that they live in today. Not once have they ever apologised for what was carried out in their name that they profited from and what the current generation continue to profit from to this very day. Hard pill for the peasants for swallow but I’m afraid facts don’t care for emotions.

I never advocated for a day of mourning due to the Queen’s death.

I simply said I wouldn’t turn down a lie on of a Monday for it.

Why should any country-today apologize for human beings and how human beings behaved and lived and progressed years and years ago? Utter virtue-signalling nonsense.

Colonialism and imperialism and nations expanding was what humans did, end of. And it’s why we have what we have today.

and you’re whingeing because what, William and Charles and the former Queen didn’t apologize for Britain being Britain years and years ago? Utter nonsense.

and if Ireland and its people were as powerful as Britain and used colonialism and imperialism to expand, I’d have no issue with any Irish person living today not having to apologise.

Yes you did advocate for a day of mourning for the queen. Going on about how great she was and how we should do it as a mark of respect for our closest neighbour. That’s just the parts of the vomit inducing plea I can remember.

This happened under your beloved queens reign as well, no doubt you’ll make more excuses and whataboutery for your beloved queen. Below all happened under her reign, the least she could have done was apologise. If an army that represented you committed war crimes and were compared to nazis by the empire heads in that country I assume you wouldn’t apologise either. You would be happy for that to happen under your reign, says a lot about your character something something virtue signalling no this was war crimes rape torture murder carried out in her name to keep the empire intact.

She was the figure head of the British army who in that time committed war crimes in Ireland and have been found guilty of committing such acts. She never once apologised. 

For 8 years of her reign (1952-60) the British in Kenya imprisoned and killed thousands, raped, tortured, stuck glass bottles up female genitalia, shot people dead on the spot amongst many many unspeakable things. It wasn’t until 2012 that UK government accepted that prisoners had suffered torture and ill-treatment at the hands of the British. They expressed sincere regret at what happened but wouldn’t apologise.

During the massacres and war crimes the colony's attorney general, Eric Griffith-Jones, said the mistreatment of detainees was "distressingly reminiscent of conditions in Nazi Germany or communist Russia", but agreed to draft new legislation sanctioning beatings as long as it was kept secret. "If we are going to sin, we must sin quietly," he wrote.

She never once apologised and she was the head of those who committed it. She sat on her hole and said nothing. But but but….

Get it off your chest, lad. Welcome to 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Please elaborate which “child” was raped according to you, and what age they were exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭AllForIt

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

If you had an iota of what you are on about you'd know the Queen and now the King cannot apologise for anything. They can only do so if the government ask them to. Furthermore history is history and all nations have a history of slavery, pillage and invasion somewhere in their history. History has nothing to do with the grifting of the Markles

One iota of what I was about? Where exactly was the falsehood in stating what happened in Kenya during her reign? This was after ww2 after the horrors of the nazis so you can’t use this happened centuries ago to try and excuse it. The empire head in Kenya compared them to nazis and said if they were to sin they must sin quietly. This all happened under her reign and in her name.

The fact that you try muster a pathetic excuse for her, that she can’t apologise just sums how ridiculous the whole institution is. If people raped, tortured, murdered for fun, imprisoned and executed without trial, stuck glass bottles in peoples privates all in my name I’d certainly apologise for that, let’s not try and hide behind some sort of standards to uphold after that.

Judging by your reaction you wouldn’t. You’re annoyed about the prospect of her apologising for her troops behaving like nazis and not about the massacres and pain they inflicted. That says a lot about you, speaks volumes. But sure try and hide behind your hatefulness with excuses and whataboutery. It doesn’t wash I’m afraid.

Post edited by .Donegal. on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Palace throwing shade in the honours list lol

”This year’s list is the first published since the death of Queen Elizabeth II, and the first to be signed off by her son Charles as king.

Jason Knauf, the former royal aide who made a complaint of bullying against the Duchess of Sussex, which she denied, has been recognised for his service to the monarchy.

He is made a Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order (RVO) after working for seven years for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and later the then Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Honours within the RVO are in the king’s gift and are bestowed independently of Downing Street to people who have served the monarch or the royal family in a personal way”

• Advertisement

You’re spouting absolute gick trying to diss people simply because they have educated you on what modern monarchs can and can’t say/do.

this garbage of it “speaks volumes about you:” are you implying people have no issue with suffering inflicted on people?

nobody is annoyed about a monarch having to apologize. That’s all in your anti RF/Crown head.

the only hatred being exhibited is by you here.

Advertisement