Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 NFL season - Regular Season Thread - Picks etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Week 16

130 93

Jaguars

Bills

Browns

Chiefs

Vikings

Bengals

Lions

Ravens

Titans

49ers

Cowboys

Raiders

Dolphi

Rams

Buccaneers

Chargers

Late posting with Christmas rush but had espn picks in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Have just been assuming Wilson would eventually find form again, but it's just not happening.

Could he be finished? This could go down as the worst trade in NFL history if he doesn't get going again.

Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as Hackett appears to be overseeing a clown show on offence, but those picks aren't Hackett's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The Bears were on Russ' list of teams he'd waive his no trade clause for in 2021. Ryan Pace met with the Seahawks GM at Trey Lance's pro day and reportedly offered 3 firsts, a third and 2 starters for Russ. Pete torpedoed the idea of trading him when informed of the offer. Then the Bears drafted Fields instead.

I will be eternally grateful to Carroll for refusing to let him leave in 2021. I don't think I could have recovered if we gave up all that for the return the Broncos are currently getting. And the crazy part is plenty of people would have just put it down to the Bears being the Bears and ruining Russ when it's clear he's just washed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,972 ✭✭✭Christy42

It is mad. It doesn't look like his arm is shot. We have seen good play from him before and Carroll at least thought he was good if he was willing to the Bears offer.

Could it be the arm injury? Potentially he might be scheme dependent a bit but again, Carroll fought to keep him before and you would think they could somewhat replicate it.

Maybe the hand injury from last season has effected his throwing is the only thing I can think of, potentially highlighting the flaws in the rest of his game.

Wilson might not be Hackett's fault but the offense as a whole has looked badly coached, potentially he might get longer but they can't get rid of Wilson so their best shot might be to hope it was Hackett's fault and get someone new in as if it is all Wilson they are boned regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

12/16. Fu#k u Browns, Lions, Titans, Dolphins u suck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

• Registered Users Posts: 39,875 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

11-5 takes me to 153-87 for the season. Getting tight at the top now with only a couple of weeks to go in the regular season. Think last years champ @Paleface is still out in front with @cosatron and @paulie21 coming close behind, apologies if I've missed anyone out there. I usually keep the picks going through the playoffs but I know a lot of people drop off at the end of the regular season.

Was great having the NFL going right through Christmas this year, some great games this weekend too. Hard to believe the Packers are still in the mix for a playoff spot after the awful start to the season they had. Not sure I can see them having an impact but it would be good for the record to get there none the less. Same goes for the Bucs, my God their games have been hard to watch but it looks likely they'll make it to the dance just the same.

I'd love to know peoples thoughts on who's most likely to go all the way at this stage? Looks like its still between the Bills and the Chiefs in the AFC for me but they've both looked beatable on occasion this year whereas the Eagles on the NFC side have just been so consistent the whole way through. Any chance the Cowboys go on a run and get it done for Jerry??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

• Advertisement

I think with me averaging 12/16 or so each week I must be top of the league or close, I just missed the first 4 or 5 rounds tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cowboys are the ultimate highest ceiling, lowest floor, play like they did Sunday or against the vikes and there's nobody in either division I'd fear.

Unfortunately the D tends to give up a big running game or Dak goes full Dak at the worst possible time and I cannot shake that fear. I also think the niners are slightly better all around than us.

AFC is where the Superbowl champions are coming from, and I can't shake Joe burrows going one better than last year.

If I had to put my last fiver on it, 49ers/Bengals bowl, bosa bosses burrow, Brock breaks badly, Bengals lift Lombardi.

Week 17

Cowboys @ Titans

Dolphins @ Patriots

Cardinals @ Falcons

Bears @ Lions

Broncos @ Chiefs

Colts @ Giants

Saints @ Eagles

Panthers @ Buccaneers

Browns @ Commanders

Jaguars @ Texans

49ers @ Raiders

Jets @ Seahawks

Vikings @ Packers

Rams @ Chargers

Steelers @ Ravens

Bills @ Bengals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭cosatron

10-6 last week, 153-87 for the year

Cowboys @ Titans

Dolphins @ Patriots

Cardinals @ Falcons

Bears @ Lions

Broncos @ Chiefs

Colts @ Giants

Saints @ Eagles

Panthers @ Buccaneers

Browns @ Commanders

Jaguars @ Texans

49ers @ Raiders

Jets @ Seahawks

Vikings @ Packers

Rams @ Chargers

Steelers @ Ravens

Bills @ Bengals

Cowboys, Patriots, Falcons, Lions, Chiefs, Giants, Eagles, Bucs, Commanders, Jags, 49ers, Seahawks, Packers, Chargers, Ravens, Bills. Ooh Yeahhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,136 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Wilson hasn't looked great for about 2 seasons though which is where the bigger concern is. Definitely some high points during those years (many times against the 9ers) but poor performances throughout.

I'd concerns about both him and Matt Ryan for the teams picking them up at the time of the trades, with it rare that an older QB on a downwards trajectory who is having performance issues suddenly comes back to great form on a new team. Unlike some other positions, teams are normally already doing every single thing possible to make the QB successful and they normally already have a huge say in what the team is doing, especially when they're older.

Closer to the season I'll admit I bought into the Wilson hype about them tailoring a great gameplan for him and him looking great in the offseason. even going as far to draft him in fantasy - a huge regret in hindsight. I dont know what the path is forward for the Broncos with him now. Even outside of playing terrible, Wilson has clearly lost the locker room and I'd say needs enormous improvement and a change in approach to win it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,602 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

With the deal Wilson got, apart from the money there was significant draft picks, they really have no choice but to continue with him for the next few years.

Is simply paying him off a possibility, or is it that the hit on the pay cap is carried on no matter when they pay him?

He's guaranteed $161m with 17m paid this year.

Not saying they would do it, but is it even an option?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

MOD: Can you give it a rest with these sort of posts please. Last warning.

Yes I think just paying him off and taking the cap hit will be okay for this new broncos ownership because Wilson isn’t the answer they assumed he was. He’s regressed as a QB and his fake persona only works when you are winning. He’s not winning so yeah he needs to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

Cowboys tonight, do the rest later. 👍️

• Advertisement

Week 17

Cowboys @ Titans 

Dolphins @ Patriots 

Cardinals @ Falcons 

Bears @ Lions 

Broncos @ Chiefs 

Colts @ Giants 

Saints @ Eagles 

Panthers @ Buccaneers 

Browns @ Commanders 

Jaguars @ Texans 

49ers @ Raiders 

Jets @ Seahawks 

Vikings @ Packers 

Rams @ Chargers 

Steelers @ Ravens 

Bills @ Bengals

152-88

Cowboys @ Titans

Dolphins @ Patriots

Cardinals @ Falcons

Bears @ Lions

Broncos @ Chiefs

Colts @ Giants

Saints @ Eagles

Panthers @ Buccaneers

Browns @ Commanders

Jaguars @ Texans

49ers @ Raiders

Jets @ Seahawks

Vikings @ Packers

Rams @ Chargers

Steelers @ Ravens

Bills @ Bengals

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cowboys @ Titans

You're either crazy or genius.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭cosatron

🤪 crazy. Vrabel seems to get these crazy wins out of no where

I mean you could pay him to retire I guess. Not sure if that breaks a particular rule but the broncos could be saved a big cap hit if he just retires.

I mean Wilson has been good in the past and Carroll did turn down big offers for him before so it wasn't all Carroll, he can be a good QB so I feel like you just have to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

154 - 86 coming in

Week 17

Cowboys @ Titans 

Dolphins @ Patriots 

Cardinals @ Falcons 

Bears @ Lions 

Broncos @ Chiefs 

Colts @ Giants 

Saints @ Eagles 

Panthers @ Buccaneers 

Browns @ Commanders 

Jaguars @ Texans 

49ers @ Raiders 

Jets @ Seahawks 

Vikings @ Packers 

Rams @ Chargers 

Steelers @ Ravens 

Bills @ Bengals

• Registered Users Posts: 11,136 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

What you're talking about is just a contract restructure which can be done at any time once Wilson accepts it - like happens all the time in the league.

It would all have to be above board though and hit the salary cap - it would be incredibly serious for the Broncos if it was found he was paid off in a big brown envelope to get around the cap.

Wilson at any point can accept less money or mutually agree to terminate his contract. I can't see him ever doing it though given his self belied and how his legacy is so important to him. Accepting less would be seen by many as accepting he was a fraud for his original contract.

It would be even crazier since tonight has very little bearing on their chances of making the play offs as win or lose tonight their play off hopes likely come down to beating the Jags week 18.

Looks like a game the Titans don't care about alright. Starting Josh Dobbs who they signed from the Lions practice squad last week instead of Malik Willis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Week 17

Cowboys @ Titans

Dolphins @ Patriots

Cardinals @ Falcons

Bears @ Lions

Broncos @ Chiefs

Colts @ Giants

Saints @ Eagles

Panthers @ Buccaneers

Browns @ Commanders