Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You have my deepest sympathies. We are here for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy St. Stephens Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Belated Happy St. Stephens Day all.

Last of the visitors not long gone. Long couple of days but probably my two favourite days of the year. The kids had a blast with their cousins and Grandparents.

Down day tomorrow and then OH’s cousin and husband arrive from the States at 8am so pick them up from the airport and staying with us for two days so have lots planned to do with them.

Going to sit down with a glass of vino in a bit.

Enjoy the rest of day guys.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thankfully a few more days off then 'work from home' Thursday and Friday. Traditionally these days are very very quiet and now there's the bonus of no commute - even the boss said it was a bit of a waste to take the days off unless you were going away (which we are not).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Nice to be in that position. My own place is still officially closed tomorrow so nobody will be working anyway bar emergency callouts.

Looking forward to doing absolutely nothing tomorrow bar lazy films and board games with the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Welcome to my world! Though its raining here today.

Back in the office bright and early, the last thing I wanted by need to get things done. Hopefully not a full day.

I have over indulged and my stomach is not thanking me.

Hope those who have to work have quiet and quick days.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Up for work this morning and it was torture getting up and dressed, thoughts of it worse than the actual thing itself. I only live 10 minutes drive from the job also so not too bad.

Home and all since 1pm so going to have a sandwich and a cup of tae, hope everyone has a great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Off to Edinburgh tomorrow for the New Years/Hogmanay festivities, all checked in for my flight so looking forward to it now - definitely nice to be leaving 2022 & welcoming 2023 by ticking an item off the bucket list, as all the years watching the tv on New Years Eve & watching the fun in Edinburgh at the stroke of midnight & wishing I was there in the middle of it & now it’s finally going to happen 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I lived ten years on an outer Orkney island and will never forget Hogmanay out there! Enjoy!

• Advertisement

Up at the airport this morning collecting OH family from the States. Saw a lot of teary eyed people. Must be hard to leave family or friends who you might not see till next Christmas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Enjoy. I've done it twice, once was incredible and the other time was shi*te. I'd worry about the amount of rain lately. Do you have tickets for the street party or the concert in the gardens?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Day 3 in work tomorrow post Christmas and then off for two days and then back in on NYD. Looking forward to two days off after tomorrow. Gonna catch up on my Callan's Kicks on his podcast on the RTE Player (2 more to listen to) before his TV show tomorrow night. I'll be home just before it starts. Hope everyone is having a great Christmas.

Thank you 🙂

Thank you! Yes I had been keeping an eye on the weather & it was originally stating frosty conditions for this week, then suddenly changed to rain over the next few days, might just have to include my big umbrella for my trip. I got a ticket for the street party 🙂🥳

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

What a wonderful way to start the new year, by doing something you've always wanted to. Hope you have the best time @gidget! 😁

Street party definitely the better option with soft ground underfoot. The last concert I was at in the gardens was a mudbath! Top advice, scope out the portaloo locations and plan your activities accordingly. Also look at what other events are going on on your arrival day, there can be public transport restrictions in some parts of the city.

More than anything, have a ball. I adore Edinburgh, was there at the start of December and back over next March. Great city, great people ❤️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Leaving my family after a Christmas break was always horrible. I just didnt want to talk to anyone at the airport. I stopped letting family drive me to the airport and always took a taxi as the journey was too tough.

To be honest I always cry leaving my parents after Christmas (but not at other times of the year) and I'm only going 150 miles up the road. I've done the airport farewells too, was abroad for almost 5 years and agree that those are really really tough.

Same I teared up leaving my parents house after Christmas but not any other time of the year. There’s something magical about Christmas that makes you appreciate it all.

Part of the magic of Christmas I guess. I know I certainly appreciate things like having family close by more this time of year then any other.

Heading off to Howth with visitors. Hopefully weather holds for a walk around the summit and down to the harbor.

OH took them to Wonder Lights last night and around the castle which they really enjoyed. As they said themselves, you don’t get castles where they are from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas I love reading all your posts

We’ve had a lovely Christmas, Christmas Eve we went the Phoenix Park for the little one to feed the deer, we had my mam over in the afternoon and we were all settled in our comfies early for the big man to arrive, Christmas Day was lovely little one played happily with it all visited grandparents, had my mam over lovely afternoon and evening at home, Stephens Day morning headed to my cousins for breakfast great to see everyone all in great spirits then home again had my mam over, the day after we took a little walk in farmleigh little one napped for 3 hours she is wrecked on the go all the time with everything we watched Elvis party food for dinner, yesterday a little trip to blanch followed by naps for us all and more playing at home watching moana together so far it’s been the right amount of everything all at our own pace

So how’s everyone keepin? Seems like everyone is sick at the moment. There’s 3 viruses going around out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Not sick thankfully, but a great Christmas nonetheless. I'm not back until the 9th, so no fear yet, but I need to hit the gym and sort the diet out next week 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I know - had a bit of a cold leading up to Christmas but it wasn't too bad. Have a raging sore throat now though, feeling bloody miserable today. Hopefully it will pass soon. I hope everyone is doing ok and that a good Christmas was had by all.

Advertisement