Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE isolation advice.

Options
  • 22-12-2022 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I contracted Covid recently and have been advised by the HSE Helpline twice.

The first piece of advice was: 5 days of isolation with the 5th-day symptom-free—no mention of a negative antigen test.

The second piece of advice was:7 days of isolation full stop.

Why not provide the same advice?

😵

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

It's only advice, it's not a legal requirement to isolate, get out of the house carry on as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

and/or, maybe dont mix with others, as some people could be killed by a cold, let alone covid!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Most people at this stage have copped on about how viruses spread and prefer not to catch them and actively try to avoid those who show a complete disrespect for others. So you can expect to get fewer invites, people moving away from you etc... oh and some employers are starting to realise that people who follow your BS cost them money in lost days etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

Whatever.

Like I said, no legal requirement to isolate.

As for work, no one batted an eyelid when I was sick at work a few weeks back.... All I had to say was "not covid, negative test" and not even the most avid mask wearing twitcher* said a word, other than "there's a bad dose doing the rounds".

Others came straight out and said "I've got a dose of the flu", and carried on. It's still an employee's market out there, companies will take who they can get their hands on.

As for invites drying up and people moving away from me, you're so funny. That's the kind of thing that happens in your head, not the real world.

*Avid mask wearing twitcher: wore a mask religiously during covid, was the last to drop it, still said nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

And those people could have been killed by a cold before Covid too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement