Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newholland

• 26-12-2022 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

What are your views on newholland 6635 tractors got 7000 hours on it asking price 30000 euro is that a good price are hours high for age 99 reg

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Fine Day

7000 hrs wouldn't be high in my opinion. Most tractor of that era should be good for 15k hours once minded well before overhauls are required. Is there a loader on it?? Not cheap tho at €30k. Shop around and see what's out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭stanflt

Jaysus the price of yokes now is outrageous- I remember buying a tl90a with loader and 3400 hrs in around 2008 for 13500 incl vat and thought it was dear

ive also still a 2wd tl90a that was bought new in 2005 for 21000 it’s probably worth 30k now with shy of 10000 hrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭hopeso

Basically, a very good tractor. The hours aren't too high. The biggest weakness in that tractor is the fact it has a dry clutch. Newer versions have a wet clutch, which would be well worth having. To me, it seems to be a little over priced at that money, but who knows with the way prices are going. Have a look around and see what kind of money you'd need to give for a newer TL with the wet clutch....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭White Clover

Good tractor but the price is high. 7000 hours is on the higher side of average. It's around the time a lot of the ancillaries will be nearing end of life. Exhaust system, starter, alternator, seat, maybe brakes and hitch too depending on previous work and operator.

There's a Massey 4365 on done deal in a garage up north. Wet clutch, 3600 hours, 2004, looks mint, about 30hp more than the NH for a shake less than 30k euro. Maybe it's too big for you but if I had the choice I'd bring the Massey.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Sold mine few months ago, had it 7 years trouble free, did all my slurry ,mowing and drawing silage, couldn't fault the tractor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

There was about4 of them on DD over the last few weeks , all gone, lad I traded mine into said handy tractors getting hard to come by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭Grueller

Have a 2001 TL90 here with 4500 hours on it. She is on the button and won't leave here for another twenty years. 6635 is nearly the same tractor. Great yokes altogether even if she needs a clutch every 1500 hours. Just done one a couple months ago. Cost €950 iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Tomjim

how would you know if a tractor has been clocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

300 hrs a year higher than average? Wouldn't have thought so, would nearly be questioning machines over 20 years old with less hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Machinery prices crazy at the min. Changed loader, 412s like hens teeth but managed to pick up a 414 but money is strong all the time on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Tileman

tracer prices absolutely crazy for past year. Was looking for a 90hp tractor something like 4345 or thereabouts. Went to look at a few that were meant to be spotless and weee just a paint job. Lots of bits wrong with them.

prices a 5410 without a loader. It’s 2013. It’s only 75hp and they wanted 48k incl vat. For a 20 y old 75hp tractor. Will be sticking with my 390 for another while I think.

If your 390 is doing your job and running well then I would be in no hurry to upgrade. A nice simple tractor you have there that will run for years when the newer yokes will be parked up with lads with computers scratching there heads trying to figure out what's wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭DBK1

Maybe I’ve been asleep for a long time but to the best of my knowledge a 2013 tractor is 10 years old, not 20!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Tileman

Ah yea 10 year blame the fat finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Xcool

Looking around 80hp tractors hard to find 6635 I looked at needs some work to get it original would a tl80 4wd carry 2 bales on rear lift

I am sure it would manage haylage ok but heavy bale's of silage maybe a different story with a combined load of 1.5 to 2 ton. It might lift it alright but maybe good set of front weights would help to keep it down on the front.

Advertisement