Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andrew Tate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

I don't, the size of his lad is not the point. The fact he is being body shamed and the #BeKind crowd seem to love it. A case of do as I say, not as I do. I've no clue who the lad is, or what he does apart from the few links posted on here, the vast majority of them hit jobs on him with little evidence up until his arrest the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

This concept clearly doesn’t apply when the mob had made up their mind already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭spakman

I'm noticing a trend in your posts as well, and it's fairly pathetic if it's a true reflection of how your mind works.

Most people can have more than one thought at a time. Try it some time. You can think body shaming is awful and also think rape, human trafficking is terrible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

So am I. Body shaming is ok unless it's done to some far right messiah figure.

This was fine, apparently:

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,550 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

He is only being "body shamed" in the eyes of those with piss poor reading comprehension or were too triggered to read past "dick".

What a moronic hill to stand on.....I'm illiterate leave Andy's dick alone.

Nope, that is terrible and should also be called out. I did a quick twitter search and he was called out on it, quite ferociously. Unlike St Greta.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

He isn't being body shamed. Greta has no idea about the size of it.

It is simply a newer version of the small person syndrome, that people that feel inadequate through some personal issue use that insecurity to hit out at others. Trying to overcome their own feelings of inadequacy by belittling others.

That is what she was calling out. That he was using the size of his car fleet as some sort of 'gotcha' that he was superior to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I'd never heard of your man before today when I saw it on the online news.

The point is that if I hear of person A saying someone has "small dick energy", then I don't assume that this is taunting someone for physically having a small lad unless there is some observable evidence or insider knowledge of same. It is assumed by most that yer wan doesn't have any evidence that he physically has a small lad, and that she is not therefore meaning that he physically has one, so for you to conclude that he is body shamed is a bit of a stretch.

Let me give you another example, another poster can come on here and say you are a spastic. Which is not a nice term to use. But would I think that that was discrimination against you? I don't think that anyone would come to that conclusion that you were somehow physically spasticated in reality. But that is a whole pile different to someone seeing someone in the street in a wheelchair and calling them a spastic. And that example is even more extreme as it is using the same words. Whereas the example under discussion here was a claim of "small dick energy" and not "small dick"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'd happily bet everything that Tate and his cultists either defended him or kept quiet.

The difference is that Tate is a bully and potential human trafficker. Yumi Nu is a model. Ridiculing bullies is a way of calling them out and ridiculing people in power is an old tradition here in the UK.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

And weirdly, you're only fixating on one element of all of this. The one, tiny element you think makes 'St. Greta' look like a hypocrite. Not all the other nasty and insane elements that involve the exploitation of numerous women.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Aye, ‘should’ also be called out, as if you actually give a shiny shyte 😂

Don’t be so precious, it doesn’t suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

I don't think you have the detachment to analyse these issues. I wasn't offended by Thunberg either, I just can understand why some others were. You seem to have difficulty seeing any issue or event from the perspective of other people.

This is partly because the media mirrors your own view. You see your own opinions reflected back at you constantly.

You can't produce subtle or penetrating political analysis because every counter-current to the mainstream - like Brexit - is explained-away as a fluke, a deception, a problem with the electoral system itself (FPTP, electoral college etc.) or some other contingent factor.

Yet of course people have their own reasons for voting the way they do and supporting alternative things.

I don't know anything about the lad. I came into the thread in relation to the Tweets. When I read up on him I'll have an opinion i'm sure. But I'm in work and am not going to go digging for Tate on a work computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Brexit is mainstream and always was. Obviously.

I've no interest in your personal abuse. People should be allowed to question the mainstream without any criticism getting shut down like this.

Its not personal abuse just harsher-than-usual criticism.

I know it's a long shot, but you didn't think of actually listening to her message at all, instead of getting hung up on her age or her gender or her autism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

There's been plenty of information about him posted on this thread. It's not that hard to find.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's easy to educate yourself about what he's like, to be fair. it seems to be a great case of 'when someone tells you what they are, believe them'.

Andrew Tate says women belong in the home, can’t drive, and are a man’s property.

He also thinks rape victims must “bear responsibility” for their attacks and dates women aged 18–19 because he can “make an imprint” on them, according to videos posted online.

“It’s bang out the machete, boom in her face and grip her by the neck. Shut up bitch,” he says in one video, acting out how he’d attack a woman if she accused him of cheating. In another, he describes throwing a woman’s things out of the window. In a third, he calls an ex-girlfriend who accused him of hitting her – an allegation he denies – a “dumb hoe”.

or, in short, when a man boasts publically about fantasies of violence against women, and then is arrested on charges of violence against women, don't expect people to come rushing to his defence.

I didn't get hung up on those things, I just observed people who did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

You see he’s a messiah to guys who can’t get a woman to save their life and hate their own existence, socially awkward etc. Instead of looking at themselves to make changes to their life, they don’t. It’s becomes every woman’s fault, it’s society’s fault for life being so hard on men for the way their life is. Tate just tells them all that they’re not the issue it’s the above so it becomes as safe space for all their precious little egos and he makes money out of their gullibility. It’s just all so cringe and rather sad but that’s the age of the mega fanboys for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

@.Donegal. What's worrying tough is women are into him to.

I think you're not wrong but not wholly on the money either.

I think that the cult-like followings people like Tate attract is due to their perceived ability to do things their fans fantasise about and to get away with it. They want to be able to treat women like sexual objects but know they'd get called out for it so they live vicariously through Tate and rub it in on Twitter whenever anyone criticise him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There are an awful lot of stupid people on this planet, half of them are women.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Nobody outside of him and his lovers knows what size his penis is. It might be big. I also don't agree with him being called an incel. Incels worship him but that doesn't make him one himself. He's got this "pimp" kinda persona going on, which in fairness was a thing for hip hop artists in the '90s/'00s and it used to wreck my head the way liberals exercised such cognitive dissonance with regard to that trash (e.g. Snoop Dogg was just vile regarding women).

But while "You've got a small dick!" is a silly, childish insult (and may even contradict fact) it's not bodyshaming, because we can't actually see the body part in question.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

"body shaming"? 🤣 ah wouldya get off the stage. 😂

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement