Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Candles are fire hazards masquerading as interior decor, and adored largely by women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Our apartments / flats are not gated but there was never an issue for parking. Never ever. Always lots of spaces left. It's unassigned free for all and was never an issue.

I come home from work to find a van squeezed inches from my drivers door. It is simply impossible to get in the drivers door. So I would have to use the passenger door.

But why?? There was 4 free spaces just two cars away. Why would someone try a difficult reversing manoeruve when there are free spaces everywhere??

I left a note. We have a management company and I leave for work at 6am. If it's still there I'm putting in a contact and to hell with it, let it get towed.

Its a van with much damage and a bumper near hanging off. Maybe someone abandoned it perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The NYT help desk. I have only once failed to solve it , but yet it tells me my streak is 1 . Basterds

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My old man wanted to change from Sky to Virgin and I think was on the cusp of doing so until I showed him and the mother the client reviews online….yes Sky is getting more expensive but it’s a good reliable service with maybe one very temporary outage over a two year period in Dublin.

he got interested after a conversation with his non tech minded neighbour… who outlined cost savings etc… the mother asked me to scope it out and on seeing the feedback.. “ no way “… can’t blame her.

the TA was having to convince him as he likes trying new tech stuff… and sometimes looks at prices over quality of product… which he doesn’t remotely need to….

I remember I used to get a lift home from work with a lad who if he saw a ball like that would stop and throw it back into the garden. At 17 I never would have thought of that, but i do it now.

• Advertisement

I was so taken by Castaway the other night I was delighted to see it on C5 and record it. Except this one it full of breaks 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 18,679 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I just spent 50 quid on an app for a mobile that doesn't do what it is supposed to do an impulse buy- the mac version was OK that was cheaper though.

So I thought why not try the phone version - designed to cast to a specific brand of telly. I thought 50 euro must mean it is quality! But it doesn't even show my photos or videos on the telly now.

Although in fairness I should have done more due diligence. Because on the FAQ it lists a load of reasons why it likely won't work and fixes. But still I feel I now I have to jump through hoops because I invested money in it to get it working.

But, I know well I will rarely use the phone app anyway. Sure I only got it to see if I could cast TG4 player videos to the telly. No app for that on the actual telly yet. But when running the TG4 app it won't work some data protection/encryption yoke which was in the telly mobile app FAQ. Which I only found out after the fact!

What kind of an eejit was I to spend 50 quid on an app anyway? No doubt there is some small print somewhere where I can't get a refund now.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I had the last laugh on this.. My big toe nail broke and is very sore... too sore for a sock.... Hole in one! Perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

• Advertisement

Yeah , its not actually as bad as I thought at the start. Funnily enough I wouldn’t have , didn’t, enjoy it 20 years ago. But now I think its an inspiring story.

Im in the mood now for a dirty big fry up to fill me up and heat me up…

but I can’t recall if I’ve any sausages left…

bacon✅

eggs✅

mushrooms✅

hash browns✅

pudding✅

bread..✅

I all gots for definite…

but if no sausages I’ll be so melancholy, borderline distressed and culinarily bereft of satisfaction ⁉️

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fry the bread in the rasher fat. Not a full substitute but some damn fine fatty snacks job.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Online pissing contest between Greta Thunberg and some Chad I've never heard of with 33 cars. They both sound insufferable.

My next door neighbour has a cat and a dog. The dog is a sweet, super friendly and despite being a large breed it’s very docile, quiet and un dramatic … but the cat is a head wrecker of a thing. It seems to enjoy screeching but only tends to do first thing in the morning and late at night, like now… which it’s doing non stop… as I type it’s having a full blown fit…..it’s a melt of a yoke… having some sort of breakdown out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

You have my sympathies Strumms! Christmas brought a new parrot next door, squawks like a pissed off chimpanzee every morning. Noise is beyond trivially annoying.

Woke up to amped up ringing of the ears, on high volume. Guess peace is too much to hope for anymore.

This modern media / social media thing of bestowing the title on people and them on themselves, of…. ‘ influencer ‘.

ive never been influenced by, or reliably informed on any topic or product by any person calling themselves an ‘influencer’.

it seems this ‘influencer’ type of persona is just a hyper hyped up attention seeker who cannot find a conventional and respected niche in life beyond setting up lots of social media for a few bob and harping on ad nauseam about various topics or products which they have an interest in but …no credible or provable expertise or tangible qualifications on…..

what next ? Medical influencers ? Forget doctors, that young lad has 1.8 millions followers… and ADHD..’that’s’ who to listen to…!!!

what next ? A travel influencer ? A fella working part time for Dunnes who has been on 5 holidays in 20 years but is an ‘expert’, on trip advisor ! Ohhh and he watches the cruise channel, helps with his SAD…so, everyone’s a winner….

for all the pluses of the internet, the digital age and technology… the enablement of useless, gimpy, absolute useless as absolute fûck, egotistical, arsehole attention seekers…..ie. influencers is a big negative…. And quite tiring….

can we not just go back to enjoying experts, voices of experience with no agenda, nothing to sell, no ego or bullshît ? As opposed to some 22 year old with a massive gob and small temporal lobes ? Please ?

THANKS !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Popped in to Tesco on the way home and some amount of people coughing in there.

I'd say there's less sick people in hospital 🙊

There’s something I keep forgetting to get in the shop , WHEN i get home. I have a free 30 minutes before the Liverpool game and I can’t remember what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Banana flavoured jaffa cakes are the devils discus, bleurgh.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Can you teach it to curse when the owners aren't home? 🤣

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 18,679 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I emailed the crowd I got the app from. Explained it to them asked about refund etc.

All I got in reply was this oneliner -

'Thanks for sending in your diagnostics log and reporting this issue to us'

-

Feck sake, tech support people more than TA annoy me.

OK I'm the dope that paid 50 euro for a mobile app I didn't really need, didn't test, didn't research etc. But Jayus...

OK fair enough I am a complete clown for buying it - (are the mods going to allow me to call myself a clown?)

All I can think of now is instead of that app could have been a Hill ticket in an All Ireland Semi-Final, and a couple of pints.

What in the name of Jayus was I thinking?

50 Euros for an app, and 50 euros for an app I don't need. I didn't even know you could spend that much on an an app before the last day! But the plus point is it is a once off lifetime payment and ad free. Feck sake.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mod: @gormdubhgorm

(are the mods going to allow me to call myself a clown?)

I'll allow it.

The two-week sinus headache I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People who can't shut up or leave their phones alone ( or worse ) in the cinema. It's not covid or streaming that the death of cinema, it's people like you !

• Registered Users Posts: 38,310 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would Aslan been as big as U2 or any other 80s irish musical export if they 'made it' ??

Huge respect and love there music but i do think if they had off then Christy would of died

Online dating threads. They always turn into an absolute sh*tstorm of misogyny. Even the one in tLL has devolved into a string of "Maybe if you weren't so uppity" posts within the first page. I abandoned the one in here days ago.

Honestly, I don't take things very seriously for the most part, but it's fcuking exhausting being a woman on Boards at times. Not to mention depressing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There used to be a private online dating forum. You could try pm'ing @miamee. She was a mod there last I knew (although that was some years ago now).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement