Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Oh I would agree 100% with you.

I was trying to disguise my incorrect spelling (if it was incorrect) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Stretchered off with a knee injury. Following the Sky sports text commentary they were indicating it might have veen time wasting but then retracted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Jesus Bajcetic is very similar to a young Steven Gerrard, he has the same run or something.

I read earlier that his father also played in the same Celta Vigo side that Thiagos dad did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

One of the least deserving victories we're likely to get. Dreadful. But we'll take it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,750 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Cheers for that Sideshow Bob 👍️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭patsy sally

A tough 3 points but got them in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Great to get 3 points but fair to say a worrying performance. Hard to see that side getting top 4 with the midfield as currently constructed. Coughing up so many good chances to the opposition and have been doing all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,695 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Phew !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,288 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

A wins a win but that was a poor performance overall. Midfield was so sloppy, so open. Losing Robbo and Elliott not ideal in a busy period too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

7pts off City now, oh it's on.

City now face Everton at home, Chelsea away, Man U away, Spurs at home, Wolves at home, Spurs away, Villa at home, Arsenal away

The nightmare run,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'd guess they have about 50% of those matches killed off by the 30th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭Damien360

Of those games. Utd will raise their game and Arsenal will be tough. City will win the rest of those comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That's was as bad a performance I can remember bar Nunez. A Christmas miracle those 3 points.

Thiago is brutal this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I just don't think you can grow hair like that and not be a chaotic defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

In my opinion was our best player tonight or possibly second best

I see a couple of defeats in that lot. Spurs away, Chelsea away, United away, Arsenal away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Have to agree.

Thought Trent did well too, some of the crap posted on here makes me cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Thiago was our only midfielder tonight and Trent didn't give Barnes a sniff in the second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

In other news Ronaldo added €200 million to the retirement fund today

He doesn't need it. He is actively destroying his legacy with his attitude and strange choice of club to finish his career. Utd jumped through hoops for him and it took a strong manager to stand up to him. All the bull about wanting CL football when the reality was no team wanted the man-child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Thiago was great today.

Misplaced more passes than normal, but he was the only one in there at it positionally at all.

He was in a sinking ship with Henderson and Elliott this evening, and I feel for Harvey saying that.

Keita made difference too. Must start on Monday

I'd love to agree with you but only Utd and Arsenal are playing decent football and look like they could take on City. Utd might be a little too open and be perfect for City but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭giveitholly

The way we are playing at the moment,city are the least of our worries,won't get top 4 unless we address midfield in some way during January

Elliott just seems miles away from the required standard right now ,

We all no he can't press or run but even his attacking play & his moment when we have it is poor,

Iv noticed Trent never finds space to get on the ball when Elliot plays in front of him ,

It's expected he'll struggle defensively with Elliott helpingn but I think he struggles just as much offensively,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

He is poison. What a player. What a tool. How much money does his ego need. Has he no clue of where he is going.

Really looks like that poxy country is going to be awarded a WC. And CR7 probably doesn't even know he is a pawn in the bigger game.

Makes me sick..

Of course we'll lose away to Brentford, so we're fcked either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Only converted 15 of our 55 big chances so far this season. Anyone hazard a guess on how many Nunez and Salah have missed each?

Salah - 12

Nunez - 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Those chances are leaving a poor midfield very exposed. Take 3 of those in the right games and it's a different perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Rob, like you as a poster, but imo, that's an absolutely outrageous take on the game today. Hendo, Elliot and Chamberlin were all poor tonight, leaving Tiago to do the work for an entire midfield. He ran the show. Without him, we are toast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Thiago was great today.

Misplaced more passes than normal, but he was the only one in there at it positionally at all

Spot on. I felt Thiago had some awful moments at times, but his second half performance was very good. He was not helped by Henderson nor Elliot. Midfield needs a rebuild for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Yes he slows down the game way too much due to his over reliance on his left. And he needs to be getting at least an assist a game to make up for his utter lack of any defensive ability or awareness.

We all want Elliott to do well but he is miles and miles off and causing problems throughout the team. Klopp does seem to love him though.

Id go as far as saying if he stayed fit last year we don't have the season we had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Talisman

In the post match interview Klopp said that Robertson received a dead leg in the pre-match warm up from a collision with Elliott. It might explain why he was off his game in the first half, the injury was also the reason for his substitution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Robbo MBE

Don't really get the honours thing, but nice that he's recognised

Whoever is said Thiago had a poor game mustn't have watched the game.

Himself and Trent the only standouts.

Fabinho was missed.

Great to get the win with such an average performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I retract I put it down to drink and out watching the match I was clearly wrong there! Just thought the midfield in general was shocking, Keita made a difference though.

I don't want to see the ox play for us again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Much better with keita,I think ox knew he blew his chance,he had a look of resignation coming off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Didn't get to watch it.

Watching highlights, clear we were blessed and I've actually no felt so bad for an opposition player as I have with Fae.

Very worrying performance tbh. If that doesn't reinforce the need for midfielders then nothing will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

Win our next 4 and we will be averaging 2 points per game which is very respectable, definitely top 4 qualification if we keep that up. We really need reinforcements in midfield though and gapko to hit the ground running hopefully. Happy new year my fellow red men too, love this forum most of the time...lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Poor performance, but at the same time we could’ve still scored another 2 or 3 easily enough.

we’re creating a lot of chances, which is a step up from some of our previous ruts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The losses against Leeds and Forest still rankle.

We should be on an 8 game winning streak at the moment and in the title race with the chances that were missed in both those matches.

We are literally 2 good midfielders away from being one of the best teams in Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ox on the bench as cover for the last 15-20 minutes to cycle players and manage minutes is exactly what he should be doing and I'd be happy to keep him on if he's happy with that role.

He should be nowhere near the starting 11 in the top half of the table though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Gini used to get a lot of stick, "what does he do" and all that sh!te but by god watching Hendo play as a 6 this season you really get to appreciate how much Gini brought to the team. Always willing to sacrifice his own game for the greater good, tactical and positional discipline above all else. Hendo does the opposite. And I've always loved him but he really needs to stop charging ahead of the ball when he's supposed to be the deepest fella of our 3. He's been caught too many times this season and doesn't have the legs to fix it when he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭ratracer

Hopefully Gakpo hits the ground running in the New Year, as a good supply from the wings could be a great help to settling ~Andy~ , sorry Darwin 😂😂 into the goal scoring routine!

There’s no doubt about it though, midfield needs an improvement, last night was awful, though I was impressed with Keita when he came on. As I said during the Villa game, the Ox is unfortunately done and has no future in the Liverpool squad.

Losing the ball in midfield is only a problem when Trent is up top mingling with Nunez and Salah. We could so be a side with a solid back 4, one defensive midfielder, and 5 attackers, forget the whole Trent and Robertson thing, we should be looking for the two attacking midfielders to provide, not the full backs.. which again, is what City do. We need to be adaptable, to have more than one string to our bow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I have to be honest it's been about seven years since I've seen anyone question Gini's role.

Club policy be damned, if I could change one thing of the past five years in terms of transfers it would be to give him what he wanted. Some will argue club have been proven right with his decline but I really think he'd still have been doing it for us and we'd still be using him as an option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Two points dropped by City.

Pretty much guarantees we won’t beat Brentford and take advantage of it.

I don’t think we’re competing with them this season anyway unless something really crazy happens.

City drop 2 pts, we can close the gap to 5pts on Monday 🤗

• Advertisement
Advertisement