Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy New Year all!

• 31-12-2022 10:57am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here's to a good/better one!

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Can only get better greysides 😅

Real story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Happy new year everyone.

Reggie, I see in the local rag you had a big load up for the Castletown tractor run, well done. Time really flies if those are your children that's with you

Just editing to say the pic isn't on the local rag, I must've seen it on th'internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,787 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Knew a photo was taken. Didn't know they found a page big enough to take it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Happy and healthy 2023 to everyone on F&F.

As farmers we're heading into turbulent times with additional environmental and nitrate regulations (not necessarily a bad thing), an anti farmer (particularly livestock) bias by most of the mainstream media and imo an increased apathy by consumers as to the provenance of the food that they purchase, which I can't blame them for due to increased electricity, fuel and heating costs.

Anyway we're going to keep going, draw as many subs as we can and continue to enjoy the ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Last couple of years have been pure shite primarily because of covid and its knock on effects. I'll be especially glad to see the arse end of this one.

Hopefully 2023 will be better, but the way things are lining up, I'm expecting that it's going to be more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭einn32

Happy new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Happy New year all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Wishing everyone a happy new year

• Advertisement

Happy new year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭MfMan

Best wishes to all.

As I said here before, not a bad idea to make note of machinery hours, vehicle mileages, stock levels, ESB / water meter readings, bank account levels (!) etc. at the start or end of every year. Can be useful for comparison purposes and make life easier for your accountant too.

Advertisement