Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruibin or Ard bia for family send off meal.

• 31-12-2022 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

My brother and wife are heading back to Australia soon after being back for Christmas. Looking to book a nice sendoff meal . Ive narrowed it down to these 2. Tried Kai before which was lovely but id like to try something new . So out of those 2 which should I go for . Out of interest how do they compare to Kai ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Rúibin for me, superb food and great staff. I always find Ard Bia a touch pretentious, food can be too niche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭rustyfrog

+1 for Ruibin, a tad more casual and excellent food and cocktails.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Is ruibin better than Kai folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I like them all for different reasons. Staff lovely in Rúibín for sure. Presume you mean the restaurant vs the pub downstairs (also lovely, a little more casual). I love the location of Ard Bia but given the giant orange snake etc, it's not as pretty an area any more. Have a goo at the most recent menus. All good imo, with Kai perhaps pipping a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

All subjective, Kai would get more plaudits, maybe, but I'd prefer Rúibín of the 2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement