Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage Tractor Mechanical courses?

Options
  • 31-12-2022 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All,

not sure do these even exist, so In 2023 I have thought about buying an vintage tractor to do up, something like a Ferguson 20, 35 or 135. Now I wouldn’t have much experience mechanically bar changing filters and oil. But is there such thing a course you can do to pick up basic mechanics or I’m I best to just dive in myself and use YouTube, research to attempt a restoration. When I’m saying restoration I’m not looking for a full nut and bolt rebuild to show room standard. If I could get it running smoothly with replacing the odd item, rewire lights, do breaks, sandblast and spray paint. Tool wise I should be ok, tick the major ones of welder, compressor, and all the usual Jazz.

Be purely a past time. So any advice before I jump in be great.

Comments

Advertisement