Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking

Options
  • 31-12-2022 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all.

just your advice on the below matter.

i live in an estate with 145 houses. My neighbour actually 6 of them as they are living in the same house used to park one of the 6 cars underneath my window. Recently i got a car from work and managed somehow to park my car underneath my window.

in fairness i am passing few cm on my neighbour side but thinking that for the last 2 years he parked his car right in front of my house i d say we are even.

since before xmas he took all his bins out and put them on the footpath very close to my car - which is parked on the road- scratching it most of the time as he s making sure every day that the bins are in contact - glued- to my car.

what do i do here?!!!

many many thanks

any idea or advice will be much appreciated

N

Post edited by HildaOgdenx on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,045 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Turn his full bins upside down on his doorstep.

I'm only half joking here. People who engage in this sort of passive aggressive nonsense behaviour only understand one thing, a good slap. Literal or metaphorical.

Park your car outside your home and if he does petty little things to show his displeasure at that, do not tolerate it. Not for a second.

I understand that may seem daunting, but you'd be surprised how effective it is, when petty bullies get their toes stamped on.

If there are 6 adults in the other house, bring some friends with you and have them stand at a distance, but just far enough that he knows they are with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Just a friendly bit of advice.

You have posted in the wrong forum.

Contact the moderator and request a move.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,284 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Confirm your email address so you can post properly, then I'll move this to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 miresica

Thanks, just confirmed my email

Thank you!

much easier said than done.

they know that i am a single mon living just with my daughter and are taking advantage

turning the bins upside down - they ll report me for antisocial behaviour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Perhaps just knock in to your neighbour and ask them to not leave his bins so close to your car. You will learn a lot from the response and then, if needed look at the options offered above 👆

Done that, what i ve got in return was : Ya f…..g ignorant c..t, move your car, why do you need 2 cars if you are single?!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭asdfg22

as said one is from work and my own that is used by my daughter now as she passed the theory test and started the driving lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If he’s had scratched your car. Put in a claim against his house insurance or car insurance for a re spray

maybe put a camera on your windowsill looking out to support your claim

• Advertisement

Are the bins being put out on days when there is no collection?

The bins are out since 21.12.2022. They did scratch the car. Never took the bins in bins are on my car day and night sometimes i push them further however immediately one of them comes out and pushes the bins back glued to my car

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod Note - OP I have moved your thread to Accommodation and Property which is probably more suited to it. 

Local charter now applies. 

Hilda

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Call the council and report littering. Bins aren’t allowed be kept on the street/path

but first call him. Tell him to kop on and stop.

No gdpr involved here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭SteM

Are they renting or owners? Maybe try to contact their landlord to get him/her to intervene if they're renting.

So your car is on the roadway and the bins are on a grass verge between path and roadway?

Yes

They are the kids of the owner 2 brothers with girlfriends and another 2 that are renting. The parents are visiting often hence they have lots of cars. One day there were 8 cars

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭asdfg22

Take a couple of pics with the number of the car. Gardai i expect this is an offence. Also take pics of all the cars that are staying in the house. I expect a ce may need be kept at address where its taxed/insured. GDPR not revelant in public space.

• Advertisement

Then follow the advice of Ted1 and contact the local authority when they open after the holiday.

Done

much appreciated all the advises especially as i am new with these issues and not know the proper steps for reporting

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭dontmindme

That car in the photo, when was the last time it was driven?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Wossack

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭dontmindme

Not at all, if it's for all intents and purposes an abandoned car on a public road.

And, OP's neighbor has a black lid on a green bin...

Post edited by dontmindme on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

To be honest, it looks like a deliberate attempt at intimidation. I'd suggest having a word with the local community Garda and maybe see what happens if they decide to move the bins. The Council would be another good option.

The bad news is that this is likely to cause bad blood for some time, possibly for ever.

GDPR isn't quite that simple, but there's no issues with the photo shared above.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It is relevant. The window seals are covered in moss, rather odd for a recently acquired company car.

Parking in estates is always a source of frustration especially when the occupants of one house have lots of cars and abuse footpaths. It’s also frustrating when a car is left to rot and become an eyesore.

It is not an abandoned car. As said my daughter drives it and myself as well when i do not have the car from work. There is insurance valid nct and tax road

I am so sorry for confusion the grey passat is mine the co car is parked on my footpath. Imagine they would scratch co car… i d have lots of explaining to do to my superiors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭madmac187

Just tell them to stop putting it and they damaged your car, if they don’t sort it, tell them you’ll take it further. Just call the cops and give them the big bad man was very intimidating blah blah and half threatening you. It will shut them up and stop it happening. If not, just call the cops again. Trust me a decent cop will tell them to cop on. Trust me

Advertisement