Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

D&D Detailing are in Cork.

OCD Detailing in Ferbane.

Id say loads more but I’m Dublin based so maybe one of the more local posters can recommend closer to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭joe1303l

MX valeting in Newcastlewest is probably most convenient given your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

• Registered Users Posts: 44 davewalshucc

Thanks Joe. Convenient and good or just Convenient???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Nice, so laser lights were not a useless option after all 😂

• Advertisement

Haven’t used them personally but then I’ve never owned a car that I’d consider worth getting detailed. Some decent looking work on FB etc. that I remember seeing but maybe do your own research before parting with cash. I’m sure Boards.ie will have a detailing/car care section that will have more info on such services

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Does anybody have the active cruise control on their i4?

When I press the buttons on the wheel it tells me it’s available to purchase.

I see on my contract it’s stated as “Digital Aftermarket - Active Cruise Control” but when I log into the bmw store it states “Service is not available for your currently selected vehicle.”

I can see it costs €1,000 before I log into the store so don’t think I’d buy it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

To answer my own question seems it’s a general software issue and needs an update of which no date for it.

https://www.i4talk.com/threads/adaptive-cruise-as-a-standalone-option.3943/post-64599

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Adaptive cruise control is absolutely worth €1,000 and it's ridiculous that a car this expensive doesn't have it as standard when something like a mid spec 2017 Golf does.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

I thought it would have been standard on the i4 myself a grand for adaptive cruise control is mental considering the price of the base model i4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

There seem to be more i4's appearing for sale on carzone every few days and none appear to be selling.

Here is the latest one , a private sale m50. Hard to sell privately at that price but I do wonder if the dealers have been over exaggerating the demand...

.https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/i4/fpa/202212302851694?journey=Search

I’m sure it’s a lovely car but if I was going to spend that money on a Beemer, I’d be considering an 840i or a big spec 7 series.

I posted it 2 months ago when DCEV put their M50 up for sale. The bmw fanboys were all over it.

I said it was too expensive for what is a normal EV with a “premium” badge. I was ridiculed and I posted we shall see if it sells or not.

I believe that’s still for sale now.

I know there are people bringing them in from the UK now. I know one guy who brought 2 in Christmas week. It must be financially viable somehow.

1 went straight to the trade and the other will be up for sale in January if not sold before then.

Price increases haven’t helped.

Keanes put the price of their used stock up by €3k to match the new price, that was just creaming it. They are still there for sale and will probably drop by €3k now due to being a “year” older tomorrow.

Same for all at that end of the pricing though. There’s still many teslas for sale for 2 months now. Too expensive and people cashing in on the waiting list. 2023 will fix that.

Everything at the lower end is selling. I sold my 520d to the trade Christmas week so still strong demand in the late teens to 20’s area.

Leaf, eNiro, Kona are all selling quick due to their price/value ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Dealers asking £65k in U.K. for M50’s so that’s still way over €80k landed. signs of new car discounts returning across the U.K. market so that might drive down used prices and see more imports

Most of the ICE imports coming from the UK in recent weeks are all petrol hybrids of sorts. VRT must still be a big hurdle. Doesn’t seem to be any value in used EV’s in UK currently but there is huge choice obviously compared to here.

Give it time - when supply isn’t constrained we will see used EV’s in U.K. drop in price dramatically- which will lead to boat fills of less than 3 year old used EV’s landing here - cheap VRT will make them attractively priced. VRT on desirable fresh petrols or diesels will remain a massive hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I've given up on trying to forecast economically. Way too many unknowns and uncertainty.

We can only live in the present. Nobody knows the true equilibrium of the market and trying to predict human behaviour is a fools game.

Its not the VRT, that's nothing. Its the VAT on the total cost of buying and shipping it here that's the killer!

Plus UK high prices, but they are starting to drop, in fact they started a month ago at least.

Anything brought in now is vat qualifying - so basically a 3% surcharge on U.K. price. Customs can be avoided if less than 3 years old and of EU or U.K. origin so VRT is still the big one

So, are we back to where we were pre brexit really for anything 2020/21/22?

To import an EV just deduct the UK vat, add the irish vat and add vrt?

Obvs an ICE would have the added nox charge too?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

At the end of the day remember its a BMW, that means its the ultimate depreciating machine. EV or not, once the supply chain settles as it seems to be doing, real values will appear. The chap above saying a 7 or 8 series is a glutton for depreciation punishment altogether.

I wasn’t suggesting a new 7 or 8 but whatever €80K would buy you. At least it would look/drive like an €80k car. Obviously it would then bankrupt you as soon as it’s out of warranty.

No, it won’t work with all imports - but anything Vat qualifying - Ie ex lease or some demo vehicles or owned by companies, can be bought with U.K. vat deducted for export. Under temporary customs export rules any EU made car can be brought in duty free if less than 3 years old. Any U.K. manufactured car (with majority UK parts) can be brought in duty free.

Might explain how this guy is getting in the near new cars alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Does this means flood of cheaper EV’s available over the next few years?

I’ve noticed over the last month, a lot of 2/3 year old uk import Audi e trons available from Independent and Audi dealers here so I presume a lot of lease or pcp cars coming to an end over there and are vat qualifying so cheap to bring in.

The same could easily happen with the i4 so in a couple of years and will mean the usual rotten BMW residuals will kick in.

The VAT qualifying is not as easy as it sounds.

It’s always been there but rarely used by Irish importers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Let's hope they will not be flogged in from the UK 🤞

Hoping for some crazy revenue taxes to stop that sort of nonsense, I need to have some residual when it comes to trade-in time haha.

Are they the ones in around 50k?

I noticed a good few for sale alright, mainly etron 50 models which I'd steer people well clear of.

They've a 71 kw (64kw usable) battery, my father has the etron 55 with the 95kw (86kw usable) and the range is the same as my 58kw born or an id3. The 50 is only rated at under 300kms so real world is way less, low 200s.

It's not good enough, it's an early inefficient machine. They are nice though but wouldn't suggest anyone buy something like that for town driving.

I wonder how quickly efficiency will move on with EVs? Increased combustion fuel costs never turned many away from inefficient cars and especially SUVs but I wonder if poor range will?

• Advertisement

I think those e-Trons are coming in at keen trade prices from UK leasing companies. They’re quite unloved on the used market as they’re quite inefficient. Some have also given a lot of problems within warranty and you’d be brave running one out of warranty.

Advertisement