Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How are you spending the last hour of 2022?

• 01-01-2023 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

Im spending it alone here, reflecting on events of the last year and considering ways I might approach things differently for the year ahead. Candle lit for the year ahead.

Tv is on with the usual build up to a new years eve countdown that might be a few seconds out.

Off to pop on the kettle now.

How are you spending this last hour of the year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

At home with my wife. Half watching TV, having a drink and eating chocolate. Might pack it in and go to bed before midnight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Working and trying to keep warm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

At home with wine and cheese. Absolute and utter trash on the tv!!

Watching a horrendous fkeetwood Mac cover on rte 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Happy Halloween everyone 🎃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Playing my 24th game of online chess of the day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

sitting thinking about how I can make more money in the year ahead

and how I can ride some more women

I'm a simple man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Let the last hour be the hardest.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Just finished watching Invasion of the body snatchers from 1956 ! Was excellent. Need to find some snacks now. Maybe a glass of wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Pilchards and soup

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Seneca the Stoic

Watching the rte NYE show and trying to be as forgiving as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

6/7 R&C's in (Rum and Cokes for the uninitiated) and ordered a curry because I have an attack of the munchies (but also to see if they'll deliver at this hour), while online with a few of the lads talking shyte :D

Happy New Year all!

• Drinking Peppermint tea and watching the countdown on the couch with the Mrs.

Was supposed to head into town but canned it as too ill with a chest infection that has completely ruined Christmas this year. I'll be able to see the fireworks from the balcony and will be in bed by 12.30.

Its the soberest NYE I've had in a good while that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

There's a card game in the corner keeping the rest entertained.

I'm happy out here on the phone.

Happy New Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

Burning the last of the roses and quality streets in the fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Should be out getting pissed but home with a dose of Flu, drinking Lem-Sip instead of Guinness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

Half the country seems sick. They were estimating 40000 at the NYE event, I heard that rounded down to 20000 now.

Anyhow happy new year to everyone and hope it brings all the positives your way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yep we have a sick child here aswell, every household seems to have someone ill.

Thankfully we were all OK for Christmas itself.

Finishing off the end of 1899 on Netflix, diabolic stuff but I promised my husband we would finish it.

My pick earlier was Aftershock The Nepal Earthquake which I'd highlight recommend.

Look on bright side we won't be wating 3 hours for a taxi home like I did in my younger years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

I spent it drinking hot whiskey listening to music with my husband. I'm sick with that sinus the virus crap so soldiered through. 2022 was a bit of a shite year in all honesty, glad to see the back of it.

Well for once they actually got the countdown right, we put it on for last 5 mins, god Westlife are truly awful, in their 40s but think they are still in their 20s😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

another good one is The Volcano, resuce from Whaakari, not very happy watching though for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

The concert thing in RTE was sh1te. It really is hard to pay that licence fee.

Oh I know that's even better, we watched it the other night.

Its so well made but heartbreaking, you need the box of tissues ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Spent the last hour like most of the Christmas with a half-dose that won't either fcuk off with itself or kick in - kinda half way house between feelin crap and able to function is almost dystopian.

Have to say that the fare from RTE1 was absolute tosh - herself fell asleep after one wine, granted she's in the same halfway house dose I've got too.

I watch the fireworks on BBC at midnight. Wouldn't even bother with RTE's canteen interviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Jools Holland with a bottle or two and the OH and one son.. Others out and one away abroad 12 hours ahead!

Happy New Year everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

With family, watched Jools Holland… drinks, snacks / nibbles and just chilled….happy new year !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Spent it at home with 2 friends, music and a few drinks and nibbles. We missed the countdown. 😆

Like @appledrop said, I'm fcuked if I'm waiting for a taxi that won't show, I've done my time for that! They had a lift sorted so both are home safe and sound.

Happy new year to you all, may it be a good one. 🎉🎉🧨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Spent it with the misses at home. Can't do that going out sh*ite anymore for new years eve. Come 12.05am it just turns into another night out just with a busy bar and insane to get a taxi home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Happy new year let's hope it's a **** one like all the other yrssssssssssss 😆😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Slept. from around 9 pm to 3 am. Best New Year celebration ever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I was working that last hour. Didn't mind. Nice drive home watching the fireworks over Dublin.

Well my post-curry evening ended with the fireworks on BBC at midnight, followed by some more tunes (I love those Now Music channels on satellite - all 80s all the time 😁 though the 90s one has changed to Rock in the last few days which is cool!) while I downed 2 pints of water before bed.

No hangover this morning but quiet day ahead anyway. Just watch the football and the darts later.

Living the dream! 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

At home with family. Watched the end of a Harry Potter movie, then onto a board game, followed by the countdown. Kids wanted to keep playing the board game and were completely disinterested in ringing in the NY! Very few fireworks out our way this year. Bed not long after midnight.

Leftover curry for breakfast now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 WertdeerSC

Happy New Year everyone, I wish you healthy and happiness for our next trip around the sun!!

I was watching the fourth and fifth episode of Wednesday on Netflix - great show. I only realised it was midnight when I heard fireworks going off around the neighbourhood and then glanced at the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I spent it on the couch surrounded by 4 of the best dogs you could come across two of them mine and two of them my sisters who I am babysitting for her.

I hated the fireworks because two of them were so frightened of them one was shivering and my little one well she hides and then she sits on my lap :)

The other two one loved them he goes out and barks at them the other one does not care either way and did not care. They all have there own little personalities it is gas. Me I hate fireworks because of this and other reasons. I think the only fireworks should be at supervised events.

Happy 2023 to everyone anyway. Here is hoping for on even better year than last year because yes I had a mostly good year last year one or two downers but all mostly good.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Myself and himself had some bubbles and watched the local fireworks from our front door. A chest infection (mine) put paid to plans for drinks in the pub.

Friend's house - little group of us having bubbles after coming back from a meal out (great steak and chips with pepper sauce). Did a countdown via live YouTube feed from London (kinda cool hearing Big Ben) - watched fireworks out the window. It was a quiet one, but really lovely. 😊

Taxi home at 12.05 - shur we were out at 6. 🙂

Head fine - dinner provided good soakage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I think I dozed off and completely missed it, happy 23 !!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Quiet night in at home with my OH watching Jools Holland's show and the countdown, texting greetings to my family and mates, a couple of spliffs and gorging on chocs, cheese and crackers and houmous. Watched two Netflix films afterwards and then off to bed.

I never even think of looking at RTE on NYE. OH has the flu and is in bed and I've a pretty bad head cold myself. 🤒 😷

2023 will be my 5th calendar year of complete sobriety and this New Year's was my 6th one sober. 👍👍 Gave up the partying hassle in town many, many years previous.

Completely lazy, do Sweet FA day today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

I was the gobshite hoping that something rte produced would be ok.

Advertisement