Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Just a quick check in to Wish you all a Very Happy New Year or Happy Hogmanay from Edinburgh 🍻🥳🎊 - it’s busy busy busy around here!

Oh & the Christmas markets are still in full swing here right up to tomorrow, so will be doing a proper visit tomorrow afternoon, as have only managed a quick walk through so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A cup of te

I used to get the post Christmas blues really badly, LoughC, so I feel for you. The way shops and people seem to pack away Christmas on the 26th now doesn't help those of us who love Christmas. I find honouring the tradition of keeping it going to Jan 6th helps and then I'm really lucky as a massive Bowie fan that since 2016 I have the Dublin Bowie fest to get me through the first part of Jan so if there's anything happening in Jan that you like go to that. Having something to look forward to or plan for is vital as a distraction. I also go hunting for Christmas bargains, watch Christmas films still and start my plans for the year.

I know I said it last year but I am 100% determined that by Christmas 2023 I will have my own house so today I bought some Christmas stuff. I love the kind of style that other people seem to label tacky ;-) so I got two table cloths in Dealz for 50c and I got the gel 'merry christmas' sign for the window. I have almost all the Christmas decorations I need now for my house. All I need now is the house ;-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy new year to the most wonderful people on the internet. 2022 has been the first “normal” year since 2019 but this place has still been going strong with great chats throughout the year.

Big thank you to every person who posts here ye have no idea how much some days I need the comfort of a friendly hello/chat in here.

Let’s keep the chat going right through 2023 and beyond!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Many happy returns @Loughc and thanks to everyone on here just for being who you are, I wish you all a very happy and peaceful new year and look forward to 2023 on here - as someone else said, it's the best place on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Happy New Year to each and every one of you! Here's to a wonderful 2023!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Happy new year from a very sunny and warm jamaica 🇯🇲... we're 5 hours behind here but if I leave it any later ye will all be in bed!!

See you all in 2023!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy New Year everybody! 💛 As @Loughc has already said, thank you to all those who post here- you make every day the most wonderful time of the year. Here's to a happy, healthy (albeit with a rocky start for many) 2023. See you all next year. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Happy new year everyone. I don't post frequently, but I always enjoy when I get a notification that there's a new post in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Nothing surprises me now

A happy and healthy new year everyone, really enjoy reading all the lovely comments. 🎇🎉🎇

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gulp. It’s 2023.

But I’m only 25….. 😬😬😬😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Happy New Year everyone!!! 🎊🎉🎇🎆

Cant wait for Christmas... THIS YEAR!!! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Happy New Year all. Can't believe another year is over. I was telling the kids that I remember being back in school and accidentally writing '83 instead of '84 in my homework journal. They just told me that I'm soooo ooold😫. To be fair my eldest will be 18 before next Christmas😱

Looking forward to this year. My baby bro is getting married in September, last in the family, and I look forward to getting a fab new sister in law (officially, she's been part of the family for years now).

I hope everyone here is back again this time next year and that we'll all have had a wonderful year.

@tscul32 back here same time next year? We never leave 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Happy New Years to all. Hope you have a peaceful and prosperous 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy New Year to the best people on the internet! Hope you all have a healthy and wealthy 2023.

Any sore heads this morning?

Sore head but not from alcohol. Unfortunately I’ve finally tested positive for covid after almost avoiding it for 3 years.

Oh no @Loughc

Hope you're feeling okay and it's a mild dose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy New Year everyone

so disappointing in the shops, it’s like Christmas vanished I did pick up a Christmas jumper for my little one for next year reduced to 1 euro in Penney’s 😂I seen the Patrick’s day stuff myself with my own eyes

Quiet New Years no sore head got Indian bits from M&S chilled watching tv, in bed before 12 briefly heard the celebrations outside

going to be a chilled day at home Lamb and all the trimmings going in the oven shortly we will have my Mam over, Christmas tree a glow since I got up, making mental notes to myself already for next Christmas more party food, more batteries, 😂😂 my neighbour had the tree and decorations down days

oh no @Loughc i hope you are doing ok? 2nd person today I have heard of with it,

I’m in bits to be honest so far it just feels like a bad flu but throat is raw and the congestion is on another level. I knew the minute I tested it would be positive this felt like a head cold on steroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sending positive thoughts your way @Loughc Hope you don’t get it too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Hope you feel better very soon Loughc, it's the strangest virus going as it effects everyone so differently from almost feeling grand to being very sick.

I isolated in the sitting room when I had it and felt this helped a lot as I wasn't completely cut off from everyone else in the house.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That's rotten luck. Hopefully you'll be over it soon. As others have said, it's an awfully strange vírus. I had previously though i had it a few times and tested positive. When I finally did get it, I was under no illusions I had it. The sore throat was on another level. 😭

I also noticed that other ailments reappeared, e.g. I had broken my elbow years previously and damaged my ankle another time. Both those injuries started aching again when I had Covid 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Fingers crossed you bounce back quickly @Loughc

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Unfortunately my OH also tested positive and we suspect it was our one year old who infected us as he has a nasty cough and is living in snotty city himself so I don’t even get the luxury to isolate in a room on my own.

Being sick is one thing but being sick with a sick one year old well. 😂😂

At least I can work from home this week to ease myself back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I WFH a few days when I got covid in February and I really shouldn't have. I think it made the recovery worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We've a beef brisket thing from Dunnes and having the usual Christmas stuffings, etc with it. I don't know if they'll go tough.

I found the party food selection to be poorer this year than other years.

Supermarkets near me weren't stocked the best for the New Year.

Sorry to hear about everybody who's sick. Loads of people are. I did the Covid thing for Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Easter 2023!

• Advertisement

@Loughc it's sooooo much tougher being sick and having a sick child to mind aswell! It sounds like an awful dose!

My parents had it recently and turned the corner by about day 4/5. Hopefully you guys will be the same 🤞

Advertisement