Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Snap. Heading to the chemist for another Sudafed packet, having had 1 already and sinutabs. Have appointment at gp 9am Tuesday morning. It’s horrendous pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,685 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think ‘influencers’ are the 21st century version of a combination of ‘shopping channel’ and people who walk the streets with advertising boards. But what gets me this 21st century online version is somehow given a veneer of respectability.

Related to ‘influencers’ are ordinary people online who comment on sport - on YouTube. Not qualified sports journalists, not former pros who played at a high level.

Just a person with a ‘mouth’ who acts like a 1980’s shock jock - who films themselves ‘reacting’ to live games etc. Normally OTT facial expressions- click bait titles etc. But what really confuses me many of these young ‘mouths’ are now given platforms on mainstream media as a result. I suppose it is a TA that it means I am getting old, because I just don’t get it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Going to bed with a headache and waking up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭Be right back

Unable to buy broncostop..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Might be worth asking for a prescription for Dymista Nasal Spray. I've been on it for the past four or five months and it has greatly reduced the number of sinus related headaches I get from daily to occasional. It doesn't contain steroids so my doctor said it can be used long term, unlike other prescription nasal sprays where you have to cease use after about 10 days. (this is my last line of defence and if it doesn't work, it will probably be surgery for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Thanks both, was in ODG for a while back in the day.

Happily loved up now, it's just horrible seeing how little many Irish men think of their female fellows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Many on here, this place is not an accurate reflection on real life.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I cleared appalling sinus pain with Vicks. The packet said not to put it into your nose but I did and it cleared. It really is such an invasive pain. The main part with me was allergy. The house I rented was damp; when I was trading at markets elsewhere I was totally clear. Since i moved out here ( offshore island) never a hint of the problem, NB When I was in a damp house a dehumidifer helped greatly. As did antihistamine to tackle the allergy. Now I rarely even need anything so it CAN stop! Finding and treating the cause works.I hope you find relief.

Dickheads parking on grass verges, particularly when it's been this wet. They're all destroyed around my way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I did a wash a few days ago and have been drying them on radiators as i go till I get power out to my tumble dryer. Cue hitting the on button on by accident while washing up 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

lol, I think the neighbour with Tourette's has got that covered.

The quote function is hit and miss on Vanilla (insert missing rolleyes smiley here).

@NewHome, you feel for the parrot? That poor dog! I am ta'd for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Been told not to light the fire because of dangerous particles.

Been told to light the fire because it's New Year's Eve

🤣

The anxiety after alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My neighbours mother has been at this years. It’s a wide roadway, rarely cars parked where they shouldn’t be but this lady who drives a small little two seater, Audi A1 I think, up parking on the grass verge, for no reason… the verge is manicured pristinely by the neighbour’s who take it in turns to cut, tend the borders and look after the flowers around the tree but the lady who in fairness is a nice person anytime I’ve passed the time of day with her… obviously doesn’t see the issue…just one of those weird things…. Lady worked at the highest echelon of third level education in one of our universities so no shortage of brain cells… more ‘awareness’.. or lack thereof.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I meant your neighbours' parrot, having them for owners. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My ta, why is RTE still showing the Lotto draw? Anyone can look it up on the internet on their phones etc. It interrupts the programming, admitantly its normally children’s movies :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Why on earth they can’t work it around the kid’s film is beyond me. Barely 10 minutes left when it cuts in.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Lidl's best headline, after the "multidirectional screwdriver" a few years ago.

In case they didn't know:

• Advertisement

Went arse over teakettle last night and sprained my wrist badly. Have no use of my right hand at all. Which is rather frustrating seeing as I'm right-handed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I know what date it is, i know that it's new years day, but still no idea what actual day it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I have this thing, where I can't sleep for two straight nights after a heavy session. Of course, over Christmas I had two weddings, the usual festivities and another seperate get together.

Last night was pure hell, was still tossing and turning at 4AM and have a non-Covid dose to boot. Starting to think either I burn the candle at both ends too often for my age, or I'm starting to be unsuited to alcohol.

Just very down in myself and can't wait for the monotony of normality to resume.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sky sports management and presenters , come back after the advertising break at half time of the football and start discussing not the football, but a drama series upcoming on sky, The Last Of Us. Not imparting information about the broadcast of it but a conversation about it the show……Bizarre… ex footballers and a presenter quite obviously equally amused and embarrassed by what is required of them.

Social media companies still allowed to be used as a platform to promote stupidity, violence, hate, self harm, ... It goes on and on ....and everybody sits by and says there is nothing we can do.

It just gets worse..it's 2023 now.

Fucking boils my blood.

My trick knee is acting up... this won't end well when I (so easily) get distracted

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

How's the parrot after the new year celebrations?

To thine own self be true

She let him out on the patio (at my bedroom) early this morning, just to sqwalk-a-doodle-do the new year in. She is thoughtful that way /s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Next time he looks in your window, point to the deep fat fryer 🤣

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement