Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

You'd imagine the operator would have to be dog rough to do that sort of harm

• Registered Users Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Lost one 2 days after, lost another with peritonitis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I lost a calf this year after scanning. Dunno which cow yet.

but I’d be lost without it.

I only have either 8/9 cows to calf this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Still laughing at The Chase, Bradley Walsh ask question "in which Irish county was golfer PadRag Harrington born"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

If she was over six months, her udder would show signs of milk production following abortion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I reckon Twas about the 4/5month mark. They still had calves at foot. I think it might be the cow that I had to put down when you compare weights etc.

Dropped daughter and her friends out for new years eve. Daughter says pele died, one of the girls said, who's pele? 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

In fairness most of us around only ever heard of the man's brilliance.difficult to appreciate that when you never witnessed it, like messi say in the world cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I was saddened to read that Jonny Cooper has hung up his boots and retired from inter county football but time moves on. He was a stalwart for Dublin GAA. My nephew and him played football and hurled with Na Fianna, Glasnevin as teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Grueller

Watching rte here. Your one Jennifer Zamparelli is some dose.

Really came on to say that I saw Ash playing live three times in the early noughties. My first thought was jesus those boys have aged and said it to the wife. She took a photo of me out from the early noughties, they are not the only ones😵‍💫😵‍💫

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

My 6 yr old is devastated, every solo he does with commentary is mentioning Jonny coopers name.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Happy new year all..

Quick question. I got a heater tap off Santa and I'm in the process of installing it in the shed. I have a 'T' off 3/4 inch pipe down to 1/2 inch for the tap. The 1/2 inch pipe I got is too big for the 1/2 inch fittings? I tried pairing down the pipe and got the fittings to fit but they are leaking.

I got 1/2 inch normal gauge hydrodare. Do I need heavy gauge or why are the 1/2 inch fittings not fitting? The 3/4 ones fit perfect.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Tileman

is the pipe heavy gauge of light gauge. Heavy gauge use the white internal fitting. If it’s light gauge use the red internal fittings. U can get a replacement one in ure co op or hardware store

It the brass compression fittings I'm using. It's light gauge half inch. Nut or copper washer don't fit over it unless I pair down the sides with a Stanley knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Tileman

Oh sorry not much use to u so

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Le shovelle

I think light gauge needs an insert and it will be really tight to fit the compression fitting onto. I've buffed the pipe with a grinder before to make it fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

½ inch hydro always takes a ¾ inch brass fitting. If it's heavy guage it's works with an olive. Normal guage requires an adaptor.

Since the tap is ½" the best bet it work back with a bit of ½inch qualplex pipe and then a brass fitting to join the hydrodare. Most builders providers will have these fittings. Just take a bit of the pipe with you and they should sort you out

Thanks for the replies. I have a length of flexible pipe for the tap alright. It's half inch fittings. So if I get a bit of half inch heavy gauge it will work with the half inch fittings? Or do I need a 3/4 inch fittings with an adapter down to half inch. It's only a 2foot length I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

If it's brass and hydrodare you are working with with you need to be a ¼ inch bigger with the brass fitting over the pipe.

I assume the tap has a ½inch thread on the end. Philmac and their competitors do a fitting to join hydrodare to BSP threads. A Google of the philmac catalogue will show the options that are there

Didn't take long to rack up my first forced landing of the year 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Thanks for that. I got a T fitting with 3/4 straight through and 1/2 inch off it. The 3/4 inch fits perfect but the 1/2 inch doesn't.

Ya the tap is 1/2 inch and I have a Flexi pipe for it. Just can't get the 1/2 inch pipe to fit the other end or the T fitting.

Doesn't appear so, landed on the camera which isn't ideal. Won't know for certain until I fly it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭roosterman71

All these "credits" are total horseshit. Bio credits now, as well as carbon credits. WHo in the name of jaysus is buying and selling these makey upey yokes? Reminds me of crypto where a value is put on something that in essence doesn't exist. NFTs another one. Pure pyramid schemes the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Can you get field gates in intermediate sizes - i.e. 4'6, 5'6, 6'6, etc? Got a 10' gap that I want to put up two half gates to use to funnel cattle for loading. Two 5' gates would need at least a 10'6 gap, correct?

I'd rather not butcher two new gates to make them fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Haha you just sent me down on an Ash wormhole on Spotify. Think its the first time I listened to nuclear sounds since I was trying to impress girls as a 15 year old !!! Only themselves and nirvana were the bands I'd left on my bucket list.

Anyone get the flu/cold/ virus thing that's going around? Some dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Anyone not have it might be a better question from my circle.

Took about 2 weeks to get over it.

Just over the 2 weeks here, still loads of phlegm, tmi. My mother has it, she has flu and covid vaccine. Youngest lad got it before me still has the cough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Grueller

Probably get it right at the start of calving🙄

Advertisement