Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2022/23 Cazoo PDC World Darts Championship

Comments

Never saw so many double 1, 2, 4 outs as in the matches today. Well apart from when I’m down the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭ongarite

Headphones... Is that allowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Price gets dogs abuse at the best of times. But headphones? He does himself no favours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Price with the massive headphones - that's absolutely nuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

They are ear defenders. I'm no price fan but that gesture to the crowd was very funny with those ear defenders on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Price is hilarious...half thinking its to put Clemens off his game. Hasn't seemed to have helped Price though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I like Price. He’s good as the token villain. Playing like utter gack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Officer999

The world number one getting humiliated here.

Clemens playing outstanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭maximus15

Prob come out in knip now to try distract him . Ear muffs just showed crowd was getting to him and was rattled . Played into clemens hands then . Some darts from him though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

WTAF Price, what a joke!

Ear plugs now 🥹

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

That was the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen.

What the hell is he at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I was expecting him to come out wearing one of these next... :D

Total clown!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

The game was over as soon as he walked out with the headphones.

I'm thinking he may walk away from the game.

• Advertisement

Well that was enjoyable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,509 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Delighted for Clements, great match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That was possibly the best and most bizzare match I've seen yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Surely those stupid headphones would seriously put you off as your perception would completely change,

Absolutely mental

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

So likeable

• Advertisement

Price hasn't really been at the races for the tournament. Clemens stepped up to the challenge, can see him causing Smith plenty of problems

Well, I once washed the dishes wearing my noise cancelling headphones on, and I say once because I smashed a coffee glass first thing misjudging my movements.

I know he was wearing ear defenders, but I wouldn't like to play darts with either 😂

We're you wearing the headphones over your eyes😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

First time I ever heard Clemens speak which a not a good reflection on Sky. Delighted for the man, goes about his business with so much class.

Hopefully Dobey dumps out MvG now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Very enjoyable, Clemens was living in the 60 bed. Think Price has his money made, became world champion and no.1, doesn't seem to be as interested now, wasn't even that pumped up, talking about going back to rugby and the kids. Hope Clemens produces against Smith now..

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭squidgainz

That was one of the more embarrassing sporting moments I've ever seen, fairly pathetic to be honest. No idea why you allowed block out any noise? Clemens unbelievable performance,seemed sound , nice short interview

Clemens comes across as level headed nice guy.Was half expecting van de bergh to come on and take the mic again to praise Clemens and the crowd .

I genuinely had to turn it off earlier! Too much cringe for my hangover hahah

Price on his Instagram hinting he will walk away from Darts.

More saying he might not play at the Worlds any more (I doubt he'll stick to that). He'll keep playing darts, what else is he going to do, he's too old to have a rugby career and he wasn't good enough anyway.

He has brought this on himself, he was so lucky he got to play with no crowd a couple of years ago or he'd never have become world champion.

• Advertisement

Why would he continue playing Darts but not the World’s?

He’s involved in property so he could go fulltime with that business.

But yeah I don’t see him walking away. Tbh he didn’t lose tonight because of the crowd, he lost because Clemens was outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nobody will beat MVG if he continues this form

Don't agree with this.

He's won plenty of majors with a crowd.

He was the best player form wise when he won the title in 2021

Commentators keep going on about what can you do dobey. Not playing awful would be a feckin start

25 was his highest checkout. Awful

Yeah... I change my mind. Nobody is stopping MvG from winning this tournament.

Unbeatable.

"Fair play to myself"

MVG feels he just has to beat himself to win.

I wish sky would get rid of this trebleless visit bullshit.

All my sympathies for him went after THAT final against Anderson a few years back. Fcuk him, all his own doing. Deal with it.

• Advertisement

There’s been a red card but for who Gerwyn Price?

Price tweeting that he might not ever play in this event again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭LowOdour

MVG was great bet for the tournament before it started, but it has and will be an easy run to the win. Smith the only one left that could put it up to him, but wouldn't bet bad money on him performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Perseverance The Second

I still can't quite understand why Price let himself get so flustered by the crowd that he took out ear defenders. He surely must have known it was only going to distract him even more.

Pretty embarrassing for an Iceman to have a meltdown.

A lad in one of the Whatsapp groups showed a bet where MVG was 2/1 to win the match and hit the most 180s. I know MVG likes to drop to the 19s, but surely that bet was mispriced? It was on Betfair. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Would the ref be within his rights NOT to say..'Gerwin, you require 121' considering he can't be heard anyway?

It seemed like it was more to get at the crowd and wind them up, the gesture to the crowd was one of the funniest I've seen during a match. It's pure shithousery from Price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭US3

MvG isn't a big 180 hitter at all. As dominant as he was he still only hit 1 more 180 than dobey. I had price and MvG both to win and have most 180s and I was sure it would be MvG that would let me down. 2/1 odds were fair.

Crowds have always been much rougher towards him at the worlds though. It's more of a pantomime with the Christmas/New Year crowd in than the other events. As we saw again last night they seem to break him very easily. I don't think he'll ever win it with a crowd in unless he can turn his reputation around and somehow become likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Fairly obvious that those ear defenders were at hand to use if things weren't going Price's way. He mentioned after the Barney match that he had a plan B ready if Barney got in front.

I have no sympathy for him. It was a sly tactic to try and throw Clemons off his rhythm.

It was very telling that for the first leg where Price wore them HE was throwing first and he made NO gestures to the crowd whatsoever. As soon as he'd won that leg and Clemons went to open the next leg, he began gesturing to the crowd at the exact time that Clemons was addressing the board and opening the crucial next leg.

Pure gamesmanship which came back to bite him.

Did Sky add in an extra commercial break because of the ear defenders? Normally at that stage of the match they play two or three sets back to back without a break, but they came from a break showing him wearing them and then went straight for another break after that one set. Did someone somewhere call an extra advert break so that someone could get a hold of Price to tell him to take them off?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

He still would have heard the crowd with the ear defenders and ear plugs on. Definitely the booing but not necessarily the specific comments at him. No ear defenders are that good. He should have just went for the earplugs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement