Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kamikaze Joggers Runners.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Some mulchies just seem to love a Darwin award.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I'm not a fan of this newfound Celtic tiger legacy fashion of frowning on anyone other than motorists being on rural roads where only 'important' people in cars and other vehicles have the right to use the byroads & back roads of Ireland. A fashion that excludes rural people from walking the roads as they did for decades, a fashion that insists rural people should drive or stay the fook at home for the good of their health & if they insist on walking, running, cycling a victim blaming culture appears if they get injured or worse.

Every Irish motorist that drives should always expect the expected (not the unexpected), and that's people out walking, farmers herding, slow driving agricultural vehicles, locals out and about exercising in their locality.

It's incredibly obvious to anyone that's looked at the footage that the runner has lots of room to run & that there's no danger to him, he's on the correct side of the road with metres of room.

It's important to recognise that rural Ireland has produced some or the best sports people & olympians through the ages from freedom to run, cycle & walk. This thread has highlighted more issues with tractor runs than it has with pedestrians as the OP remonstrates the cheek of a local to walk in his locality facing large vehicles on a rural L road flanked by high hedges!

The pure cheek of him! Cocky fooker leaves his house to walk his local roads!!

No feck it. I'm not allowed walk to the village anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You misread my post! Please read back to my earlier post. I am gdeep rural and we have no pavements or even verges on our very narrow lanes. Only recourse is the ditch..which I have had to revert to on occasion... I tend to walk before the farmers are up....Yes they have to work of course... and they usually stop for a chat if they pass me on the lane. But an event like this is a very different matter. As I wrote earlier I opined that watching the event it was impressive that the tractor drivers took great care when they encountered the runner. And I objected to the terms used in the thread title... that runner knew what he was at and was perfectly safe. More likely to expire from the stench of fumes than from being hit. My response was more accurate than most here.. Both sides were on ( thankfully occasional) recreational activity not everyday needs or occupations and that alone adds a factor the lanes were not made for. Folk need fun. As long as it is safe. Nothing kamikaze going on! lol

Advertisement